Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2009

Retro_Link

Yeah that press conference transcript is HILARIOUS! Love it.

I love when Sutil went '..the kerbs, not a problem to be on the kerb', hahahaha. Reminds me of Schumachers racing philosophy which went along the lines of 'You can overtake me, but you're gonna have to do it on the grass'.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm liking this circuit/venue and think I actually prefer it to Singapore as a night race.

Unlike so many new circuits I think this one has real character, it feels intimate, and has a sort of stadium feel to it which I think is really quite unique, almost like racing in a massive wembley stadium.

And I'm already getting to know the track unlike somewhere like Valencia [and even parts of Singapore] where I have no clue what's coming next on the circuit. I think it has some great features. I still can't believe that the long straight is the longest in F1 though, it doesn't appear as long as Monza to me, and of course Fuji (unless they're not that as it's off the calender).

Qualifying was good and I hope there's a great race tomorrow.

Oh and Ferrari World in the background looks immense! and towering over the grandstands!

If only the hotel didn't look like some kind of giant sex toy!

Edited by Retro_Link

Oh god. I just had a horrible vision of Sutil smacking into Kobayashi (to complete the Toyota collection), to then have Nakajima bin it into the tunnel on the way out when everybody pits because of the safety car, to have Rosberg (who fortunately had just had his pitstop!) win the race as the only remaining competitor.

James Corden, he's an idiot!

Was an OK race, nothing really happened though, but I think of all the recent new circuits it's my favourite...

Kobayashi had a great race. He's potentially the next rookie driver to have proven they really deserve a place in F1... following Hamilton and Vettel.

All the others like Grosjean, Piquet, Alguersuari just seem to be a waste of space, though Buemi's got potential I reckon.

I just picture Kobayashi like some crazed banzai style driver in the car, screaming away...

thai-fighters.jpg

possibly out of control most of the time but somehow capable of pulling it off! and good to watch.

They should have him and Sato at Toyota! It would make for one crazy japanese team that everyone would be afraid of going anywhere near!

Poor Kobyashi - guess it's his dad's sushi restaurant for him.
yeah I read that story, quite something!

It's a shame for him, but he's given himself a good shot at a drive with another team, whether this year or in the future.

Shame about Toyota, they've been in the sport for some time now and as a manufacturer team they feel like quite an important part of it.

This will confirm Sauber a place on the grid then if they manage to get something together.

Also...

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/091104095458.shtml

Raikkonen gets Hamilton’s blessing

Lewis Hamilton would welcome Kimi Raikkonen as his new McLaren Mercedes team-mate, the British driver's father Anthony Hamilton has confirmed.

2008 world champion Hamilton has until now stated his desire to keep Heikki Kovalainen alongside him, raising suggestions he does not want to be challenged by the occupant of the sister car.

"First, I want to say that neither Lewis nor myself have any influence on the decision," Hamilton Snr told the Finnish newspaper Turun Sanomat.

"But if I was deciding between Kimi and Heikki, I would go for Kimi," he added, "even if I have nothing against Heikki.

We've always like him; he's a great team-mate and does his job well.

"Kimi is a cool guy," Anthony Hamilton added. "I think he is the prime candidate and the best driver to be at Lewis' side in this team; they would push each other on."

Edited by Retro_Link