Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Formula 1 2009

Retro_Link

Hmm they'll be racing by next season imo. Why do I say that? They've got far too many workers to pay for lol.

Imola could be good with a couple of adjustments to those chicanes, potential there defo. I'm SO happy that it seems to be happening, very good :D

You know though we could well be seeing TWO British races next season!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonder if they'd be able to use this years cars in their own championship [to save initial time and costs?]?... or are they 'owned by the FIA', as their designs have followed FIA rules and regs... guess they probably are.

I REALLY hope FOTA manage to encapsulate the feeling of just pure fun racing in their series.

The kind where the best drivers in the world would just turn up at the track, thrash it around for a couple of hours, and then go home! Naturally there'll be a lot more to it than that, but that's the sort of feeling i'd like to get.

Formula 1 as it is now is all about the politics, too many rules, and many races themselves are just processions, or all about the pole sitter. Alot of the fun is being sucked out.

The drivers have said so often lately that the only part they're enjoying of late is when they're in their car giving it 100%.

Heck, stick them in go-karts next year and I'd be happy!... I just want to see some racing!!

Edited by Retro_Link

I don't remember ever having a problem with Bahrain. Not spectacular, but it doesn't stand out to me as particularly boring.

But yes, this split is potentially a good thing. I was about to post a similar thing to you Retro, about the BBC and Donington being caught out by it. A shame, but unavoidable I suppose. It will be the same for some channel somewhere in the world, and some track somewhere in the world, no matter when it happens.

I don't remember ever having a problem with Bahrain. Not spectacular, but it doesn't stand out to me as particularly boring.
Can't say I mind it much either...

I just think it suffers being grouped next to Malaysia [and China] because there are some very similar aspects between these tracks, similar grand architecture, and the surrounding landscapes at all these three are pretty bland. Plus we get a very hot race with Malaysia and then it's on to another hot race in Bahrain, so everything starts to become a bit samey.

I think it's quite fun to be racing in the desert!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dammit FOTA!!

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76263

FOTA urge for compromise in row

The Formula One Team's Association (FOTA) has sent a letter to the FIA calling for urgent compromise in the row over next year's rules to prevent the possibility of a breakaway series.

According to a report from Reuters news agency, the teams have offered to sign up to a version of the proposed budget cap, with provisos included, and have asked to extend the entry lock-off deadline to July 1 to allow time for further negotiations and sign a new Concorde Agreement.

"The time has come when, in the interests of the sport, we must all seek to compromise and bring an urgent conclusion to the protracted debate regarding the 2010 world championship," Reuters quoted the letter as saying.

"We hope that you will consider that this letter represents significant movement by the teams, all of whom have clearly stated a willingness to commit to the sport until the end of 2012.

"We would therefore strongly but respectfully submit that you consider these proposals and seek to avoid the potential departure from Formula One of some important teams.

"Now is the time to find a reasonable and rapid solution to the outstanding issues."

FOTA says in the letter that its teams could sign up to a version of the budget cap, or what it calls the 'resource restriction proposal' so long as it is independently policed and universal for all. In return for accepting this compromise the current teams would assist new entries with engine supplies and technical assistance.

"We detect... that a solution might be possible based on the FOTA resource restriction proposal but with measures introduced," the letter said.

"We would propose in this respect that we nominate a top firm of independent accountants who will devise an audit methodology that will be implemented by all of the teams.

"This methodology and the annual results would be disclosed to the FIA... we can see no reason why such a system based on objective verification of compliance would not be acceptable to all parties."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76266

Mosley offers deal but deadline stands

FIA president Max Mosley says there will be no backing down on his insistence that Formula 1 teams lift the conditions attached to their entries within 48 hours, but has hinted that a compromise could now be on the cards.

Following a letter from the Formula One Teams' Association to Mosley and Bernie Ecclestone, viewed as a last ditch effort to avert teams walking away from the sport, the FIA laid out the terms by which it would accept a deal.

Although rejecting suggestions that the deadline for the matter be delayed from this Friday to July 1, and that standard engine supplier Cosworth be forced to detune its engines, the FIA says it would be willing to talk about governance changes and revisions to the cost cap.

In the letter, a copy of which has been seen by AUTOSPORT, Mosley said there was no chance of a revised Concorde Agreement being sorted before Friday - so the 1998 version would have to be used as an interim.

"If we start to modify the governance provisions of the 1998 Concorde Agreement, a lengthy discussion will begin," he wrote. "There is no time left for this because we must answer the remaining applicants for 2010 no later than Friday."

He added: "Our proposal is therefore that all parties agree to accept the 1998 governance provisions by means of an exchange of letters. We can then negotiate a new 2009 Concorde Agreement under the protection of the 1998 arrangement.

"After all, we lived with these for ten years; a few more weeks or months should not cause any difficulty."

Regarding FOTA’s suggestions that independent accountants be appointed to oversee compliance with a budget cap, Mosley said that such an idea had already been suggested by the governing body.

Furthermore, he wants the teams to accept the £40 million limit for now, prior to further discussions that could see it changed in the next few weeks.

"A fundamental problem with the FOTA proposal was the absence of a clear figure," wrote Mosley. "The teams need to know what the constraints are, so do we.

"We therefore propose that you accept the 2010 rules, as published, which we agreed with you last year. If necessary, these can be revised with the above governance procedures in due course."

Mosley confirmed that there would be no two-tier regulations in 2010, which had been one of the biggest complaints of FOTA.

However, he said that Cosworth would be allowed to run to 2006 regulations because it had "neither the time nor the resources to return for 2010."

And in a bid to get the matter sorted in the next day or so, Mosley said he would write to the teams to ask them to accept the FIA’s offer so they could drop the conditions attached to their entries before Friday's deadline.

"We will shortly send a letter for signature to each team. If signed and returned, the letter will make the above proposals legally binding and the relevant team's entry unconditional," he said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Numerous websites are launching polls and petitions to gage fans feelings on the FIA - FOTA issue, and publishing the results...

I just voted YES to the poll on the front page of http://www.pitpass.com/

And they are also directing visitors to two petitions you can sign in support of FOTA, both of which I thought I'd sign...

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/wesupportfota/ [5011 signatures]

http://www.gopetition.com/online/28560.html [735 signatures]

Edited by Retro_Link

Damn! The FIA seem to have relaxed their stance...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76269

Mosley outlines deal offer to teams

FIA president Max Mosley has informed teams of the package of rules that he is willing to accept for next year, AUTOSPORT has learned, as a final push is made by the governing body to end the standoff over entries to the 2010 championship.

The eight members of the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) have until Friday to lift the conditions attached to their entries - and efforts are increasing on both sides to try and reach a settlement.

After a day of further letters between motor racing's governing body and FOTA, Mosley has as promised laid out the terms by which he wants the teams to sign up. And although there had been fears of a total breakdown in discussions between the two parties, Mosley has informed FOTA that he is willing to make some movement on the question of governance in the sport.

He has told teams that he is prepared to discuss the FIA's International Court of Appeal, and also remove the controversial Appendix 5 to the 2010 Sporting Regulations. This latter element had angered teams, who feared that it gave the governing body carte blanche to impose whatever rules they wanted.

Mosley also said that he was willing to change some of the technical regulations for 2010. If the teams agree, the moveable wing rules will remain as they were for 2009, 4WD cars will not be allowed, tyre warmers will continue and the engine rules will remain as they are for this year - except customer Cosworth units will be allowed to run unrestricted. Also gearbox rules will remain as they are for 2009, as will testing limitations.

Mosley also made it clear that he would be willing to accept a 100 million Euros cost cap limit for next year, providing that it was reduced to 45 million Euros for 2011. This was the same figure that was outlined in a letter sent to FOTA president Luca di Montezemolo following the team meeting in Monaco.

Outline plans were also detailed for how the budget cap would be policed with 'self-reporting of compliance using a reputable auditor' used. Mosley also confirmed that breaches of the budget cap rules would not result in on-track sanctions, but would instead be 'financial against a pre-agreed formula.'

FOTA now has 48 hours to to decide whether to accept the terms and sign up for F1, or decide to stand firm and risk being left off the grid.

I think FOTA will be happy enough about this, especially the 100 million, then reduced to 45 million budget cap.

Just when we were starting to get excited about the possibilities of 'FOTA F1'!

HOLY. F***ING. S**T!

FOTA Formula One Teams Association Blvd du Theatre, 2 - 1211 Geneva (CH) Tel: +41.22.3108203 / Fax: +41.22.3108205 FOTA UNITED ON THE FUTURE Silverstone, 18 June 2009 - Since the formation of FOTA last September the teams have worked together and sought to engage the FIA and commercial rights holder, to develop and improve the sport. Unprecedented worldwide financial turmoil has inevitably placed great challenges before the F1 community. FOTA is proud that it has achieved the most substantial measures to reduce costs in the history of our sport. In particular the manufacturer teams have provided assistance to the independent teams, a number of which would probably not be in the sport today without the FOTA initiatives. The FOTA teams have further agreed upon a substantial voluntary cost reduction that provides a sustainable model for the future. Following these efforts all the teams have confirmed to the FIA and the commercial rights holder that they are willing to commit until the end of 2012. The FIA and the commercial rights holder have campaigned to divide FOTA. The wishes of the majority of the teams are ignored. Furthermore, tens of millions of dollars have been withheld from many teams by the commercial rights holder, going back as far as 2006. Despite this and the uncompromising environment, FOTA has genuinely sought compromise. It has become clear however, that the teams cannot continue to compromise on the fundamental values of the sport and have declined to alter their original conditional entries to the 2010 World Championship. These teams therefore have no alternative other than to commence the preparation for a new Championship which reflects the values of its participants and partners. This series will have transparent governance, one set of regulations, encourage more entrants and listen to the wishes of the fans, including offering lower prices for spectators worldwide, partners and other important stakeholders. The major drivers, stars, brands, sponsors, promoters and companies historically associated with the highest level of motorsport will all feature in this new series. Note to Eds: Statement issued by FOTA on behalf of BMW-Sauber, BrawnGP, Scuderia Ferrari, McLaren- Mercedes, Red Bull Racing, Renault, Scuderia Toro Rosso, Toyota.
Source: Autosport.com

I don't have words just this...

:eek::eek::eek:....

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay: :yay::bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy: :bouncy:

I really don't have any idea how people can possibly be happy about this? It's without a doubt the worst thing that could have come from this. Hopefully this will be resolved before it's too late, and at worst one season of breakaway racing before someone smashes all their heads together and gets everyone back under one series.

HOLY!! :o

However, I don't think this is the end of it...

As Will said, there'll be some serious head knocked together today to try and get a compromise worked out.

One's things for sure... Ferrari are gonna be taken to court over that contract which they say have been breached.

It's well worth watching Free Practice today, for the discussions...

Edited by Retro_Link

How to kill Forumula 1!

Formula 1 teams failed to reach an agreement with FIA president Max Mosley about the future of the sport on Friday, despite lengthy talks that ran into the early evening.

Following a series of discussions over the course of the day, the teams met with Mosley to try and find a resolution to their unhappiness about plans for a voluntary budget cap.

However, despite talking for almost three hours no agreement was reached meaning several teams remain poised to not lodge entries for 2010 by next weeks deadline.

Although most team principals refused to comment about the situation as they left the Automobile Club de Monaco, Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo revealed that more talks were needed.

"It was a long and constructive meeting," he said. "FOTA will have another meeting tomorrow, and then there will be another meeting with Mosley.

"What we want is that Formula 1 stays as Formula 1, that it doesn't become something different and go towards constant changes which confuse the public and all the others, that there should be stability and that we work over the next two years to arrive at a way of further reducing costs."

Despite the failure to reach an agreement on Friday, and with next weeks entry deadline looming, Mosley said he remained optimistic a deal could be reached.

"It was a good constructive meeting. The discussions are ongoing," he said.

When asked what the issues were, Mosley said: "They are the same issues. But I am hopeful there will be an agreement."

Ferrari, Red Bull, Toyota and Renault have all said that they will not enter the 2010 championship unless the rules are chaged.

Teams have until May 29 to lodge their entries to the championship with those missing the deadline likely to face a fine if they want to get back, providing there is space left on the grid.

The Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) has temporarily suspended the Williams team, following its decision to formally enter the 2010 Formula One World Championship, according to a statement released by the team.

Sources told AUTOSPORT in Monaco that current teams had been informed by FOTA representatives that if they entered the championship unilaterally they would be suspended from the organisation.

The decision was taken during a meeting of F1's team principals in London on Wednesday, where they were in talks to discuss their position ahead of Friday's entry deadline for the 2010 championship.

The teams wrote a letter to FIA president Max Mosley on Sunday night, informing him that they were united in their efforts to get the 2010 regulations changed. Furthermore they added that should the FIA agree to scrapping the current rules framework they would commit to racing in F1 until 2010.

Frank Williams, Team Principal said of the decision: "FOTA's decision, although regrettable, is understandable.

"However, as a racing team and a company whose only business is Formula 1, with obligations to our partners and our employees, submitting our entry to next year's championship was unquestionable.

"In addition, we are legally obliged under our contract with FOM and the FIA to participate in the World Championship until the end of 2012."

Vijay Mallya has asked the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) to reconsider his team's suspension from the organization, following its decision to lodge an unconditional entry to next year's championship.

Force India was officially informed by FOTA on Sunday night that it had been suspended alongside Williams for breaking away from the block conditional entries lodged by the other eight teams.

However, following discussions between Mallya and FOTA vice-chairman John Howett in Turkey on Sunday night, it was made clear that he wanted to fight the suspension.

Howett said: "I spoke to Dr Mallya. I expressed the view of the, if you like, the other FOTA members.

"He was very firm in his total commitment for FOTA and basically asked us to reconsider the suspension because he wants to remain a fully committed member of FOTA. So I need to clarify that; it's not my unique position to decide. So I will convey his points to the other team members."

Mallya made it clear that he had no choice but to lodge an unconditional entry because of banking covenants.

"I have only been told by John [Howett], who is vice-chairman of FOTA executive committee, today for the very first time that the executive committee, when they had a teleconference call last week, that they decided to suspend us when we changed our entry to an unconditional entry.

"All I said to John was, the circumstances of Force India are quite different to the circumstances of Williams - first and foremost I was completely transparent with FOTA and gave them copies of correspondence with my bankers and lawyers.

"Basically F1, like in the case of any other business, relies on its bankers to provide ongoing capital support. As you would in any business, you go to the bank and demonstrate sources of income, the sources of income are from sponsorship and the disbursement of revenue from FOM arising out of the television income that you are fully aware of.

"Both these sources of income, which are sources of comfort for banks to lend money, would have been under threat if our entry was not accepted. So therefore we were legally advised that Force India might breach our banking covenants if we went down the route of a conditional entry and did not lodge an unconditional entry as always. All of this was completely shared with FOTA."

Mallya said it was too early to judge if his request to get back in FOTA would be accepted.

"If they appreciate it, well and good, if they don't appreciate it then why should I lose sleep over it? I am doing what is good for Force India, first because I have a duty to comply with my legal obligations, I have a duty to the team and the company, and at the end of the day if it stops racing there is no business.

"Under the circumstances I had to do what I did. If FOTA membership cannot accept it then there is little I can do about it. Life goes on."

Renault boss Flavio Briatore says he is baffled why teams and the FIA are still at loggerheads over cost-cutting plans for Formula 1.

With eight of the current teams only willing to enter next year's championship if rules for a £40 million budget cap are scrapped and a new Concorde Agreement is signed, F1 is facing the threat of a possible breakaway championship if their demands are not met by next Friday.

But with the FIA and the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) still not near agreement on a way forward, Briatore has said he cannot work out why the situation has been taken to the brink.

"Honestly, we don't know. For us it's a surprise why it's so difficult," Briatore said. "On my side, we don't understand why it's so difficult. We want to be in Formula 1. We want to be there in 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015. Again, we are always talking about 2012, I don't know why. We are talking about the future; why not 2013, 2014. I don't think there's any difference.

"From day one, FOTA was never aggressive with anybody. We just want to participate in the championship, we want to cut costs, we want to have clear rules, we want to have a governance, we want to go through, like it was in your time, we need a Formula One Commission, we need to make all the decision-setting together for the good of the sport, for the good of Formula 1.

"All the time we are forgetting the fans, the tifosi, the people. We're always forgetting these people. There is a lot of confusion now. I don't understand what the problem is. I think some people really don't understand why there is a problem. It's very destructive. We're not bluffing because when you have the responsibility of three or four hundred people, it's not bluffing.

"These are people who go home and the next day we need to make sure that we have the money to pay their salaries. You're not bluffing when you are putting on the line so many employees between everybody. We have to be concerned about that. We have people who have mortgages, we have people who have to send children to school.

"We are not bluffing. As I say, we don't want any war, we want stability in order to have a long term Formula One engagement. This is what we want. We don't want anything special, we just want stability, just stability."

Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali echoed Briatore's comments that he was keen for a solution to be found - and insisted that his team was not contracted to race in F1 next year by agreements it had in place with the FIA and Formula One Management.

"We had an agreement with the FIA but we felt that the obligations inside that agreement were breached, so the agreement is not anymore valid," said Domenicali. "We have put our entry in together with other competitors with the condition that we think is important to respect for the future of Formula 1.

"If I may take the opportunity to say that I think it is important at this moment to be constructive. There is no-one that wants to have any fight with anyone because this is not, at least on our side, the position that we want to take. It is a moment where we genuinely need to find a solution.

"We are here in Formula One for 60 years. We behave with a lot of responsibility to make sure that the values of Formula 1 will remain and this is the reason why we feel that it is important to look at this condition. This is the approach that we have taken together with FOTA.

"Do not underestimate that this year with FOTA we have already achieved a lot of cost saving measures without anyone that was requesting us as we know what is the environment around. But stability, governance, rules and the way to change them, these are crucial points to the future of Formula 1. We want to work together to try to find a way out of this moment which is really not good for Formula 1."

Force India and Williams have already announced that they plan to enter next year's championship whatever the regulations are.

HOLY SH*T

Amazing news tbh. Honestly. I for one wouldn't want to watch a sport where the technology is limited and the best drivers in the world are driving around in GP2 cars with the F1 name. Get off it Mosley.

FOTA have done so much for the sport in the last year (especially in helping Brawn) and i'm delighted that they're getting control of the sport. I'm SO putting money on Nakajima to win the 'F1' title next season..haha.

^ Understandable as you'd definately get better odds, but really surely it'd be Nico all the way!

If you were watching Free Practice it was manic in the paddock! and the FIA are gonna put out another statemant soon.

The only thing that worries me about a breakaway series is that if Luca is largely the figurehead, isn't there gonna be countless talk of Ferrari bias?

Legard on the split:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8108780.stm

RBR Christian Horner:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8108756.stm

David Coulthard/Adrian Sutil:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8108708.stm

Alonso "F1 is finished"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8108935.stm

But anyways, the racing...

Webbers looking mighty here, and he qualified 2nd last year, definately a chance of poll as has Rubens, but I can't help feeling everything will be done to get Jenson on pole tomorrow!

Edited by Retro_Link

i think the other teams woudnt have agreed to it if they thaught the would be a Ferrari bias. They are saying there will be transparent governance.

This could really be what is needed. I will be sad to see F1 die. But it is getting stupid and i dont see what other option the teams had really. To me they have been pushed and pushed for years. And this was always going to happen. Suprised it has taken this long.

I'm yet to be convinced this is anything other then a deliberate power play. A breakaway series can only be disastrous for all concerned, the fans in particular. I'm expecting further negotiations, possibly until past the end of the month.

David Croft is worth a listen:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8108492.stm

Look forward to his and Antony Davidsons FP2 commentary.

i think the other teams woudnt have agreed to it if they thaught the would be a Ferrari bias. They are saying there will be transparent governance.
No I just meant you might get that response from certain fans. It's much better for Ferrari this past few years [since brawn and schumacher moved on], but go back a few years and the FIA bias towards Ferrari was all people talked about.

True they did get some preferential treatment... but if Ferrari started winning the FOTA championship, I wouldn't want loads of fans coming out saying it was a fix.

I'm yet to be convinced this is anything other then a deliberate power play. A breakaway series can only be disastrous for all concerned, the fans in particular. I'm expecting further negotiations, possibly until past the end of the month.
I'm not convinced it's the end of discussions either... yet!

But this doesn't have to be disastrous for fansm it could actually be the turning point that's been needed for so long.

Under the FIA and Bernie F1 is loosing it's way. Fans don't want to keep loosing classic tracks, ticket prices are astronomical, there's no much discrepancy in the rules, they aren't clear, F1 is getting more and more confusing every year, nothing changing regarding the cars still can't follow one another...

Edited by Retro_Link

Well it's official, Max has lost his marbles. After repeatedly telling the teams to "go off an start their own series if they don't like the new rules." He's now suing them for bringing the sport into disrepute. What a Grade A knob end. Can't he just accept defeat and stand down. All he's doing here is poving what a dictatorly prick he is by instead of trying to compromise just suing the lot of them. Maxxx Mosely = FAIL!

FIA to launch legal action against FOTA

By Pablo Elizalde Friday, June 19th 2009, 14:44 GMT

Max MosleyMotorsport's ruling body, the FIA, has announced it will be launching legal action against the Formula 1 teams trying to set up a breakaway championship.

The Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) announced on Thursday night that, after failing to reach an agreement with the FIA, will start its own series next year.

But the governing body has responded to FOTA with a legal threat, saying the teams, and Ferrari in particular, have binding commitments that they cannot break.

The FIA also said that it will delay the publication of the 2010 entry list, expected tomorrow.

"The FIA's lawyers have now examined the FOTA threat to begin a breakaway series," said the FIA in a statement.

"The actions of FOTA as a whole, and Ferrari in particular, amount to serious violations of law including wilful interference with contractual relations, direct breaches of Ferrari's legal obligations and a grave violation of competition law.

"The FIA will be issuing legal proceedings without delay.

"Preparations for the 2010 FIA Formula One World Championship continue but publication of the final 2010 entry list will be put on hold while the FIA asserts its legal rights."

Also, as well as Lola another provisional new team has withdrawn and been masisvely critical of the FIA...

N.Technology hits out at the FIA

By Steven English and Matt Beer Friday, June 19th 2009, 15:24 GMT

N.Technology's parent company, the MSC Organisation, has hit out at the FIA after announcing that it has withdrawn its application to join Formula 1 in 2010.

The Italian team - best known for its touring car successes and running the International Formula Master series - had said earlier this week that it did not understand the FIA's decision not to accept its 2010 entry and to keep it on the reserve list.

As AUTOSPORT revealed this morning, N.Technology pulled out of contention for a 2010 slot in the wake of the FOTA teams announcing their plan to set up a rival to Formula 1 next year, and MSC has now issued a statement strongly criticising the FIA's handling of the situation.

"With much regret, taking into consideration the highly questionable process conducted by the FIA, which is affected by many irregularities, and the uncertainties regarding the 2010 FIA Formula 1 World Championship, the MSC board decided last night to withdraw its application, as Team N.Technology, under the new regulations allowing entry of 'capped budget' teams," said the statement.

"MSC believes that through its wrong actions and objectionable management methods, the FIA severely hurt MSC's efforts to become a new team and undermined the Formula 1 sport, taken as a whole."

The company did not rule out re-applying for an F1 place when the current controversy was settled.

"MSC shall consider making a new application when the Formula 1 environment is stabilised and the conditions are met for a transparent and loyal contest, ensuring visibility and predictability to the candidate teams," it said.

"MSC wishes to renew its warm acknowledgements to the sponsors, technical and business partners who support its efforts to become a new independent Formula 1 team."

The MSC board is comprised of team boss Mauro Sipsz and former Eurosport CEO Angelo Codignoni.

I seriously just wish Max would F-off.

The new F1 teams are seriously fucked!... it's now 9 months until the start of the 2010 season and there are still no 2010 design rules and regulations to follow!

At this rate Max will have to enter some teams himself...

Spanky F1 anyone?!

I'm going to go back to ignoring the politics, I'll return when it's be resolved, one way or the other.

So yeah, anyway - Racing! With cars and stuff! Remember that? That shit is awesome!

Crazy practice session. Sutil in third? Really? Force India might actually score points this round if the cool conditions continue to cause problems for people's tires I think. The front 4 are obvious enough but the rest of the top eight could be almost anybody.

Edited by gaggle64

Up to now I always enjoyed the F1 politics stuff - it was a part of the sport, and exciting in itself. But this is just gone too far, and I wish it would just be resolved! Like you say, it's ridiculous that Max said they should "go off and make their own championship" and is now suing them for doing so!