NEurope

I'm personally quite surprised to see BMW & Ferrari not pushing the front a lot harder, wasn't expecting the Red Bulls to be up in the mix as much as they are either - Vettel really looking like such a terrific young talent. I'm delighted that the Brawns have already established themselves at the front, but I do hope the other teams can come back at them as the season progresses rather then the championship race becoming a whitewash. Bad luck for Hamilton as well of course, but it should be very interesting to see what he can do tomorow under the circumstances.

THE BRAWN CARS ARE RUNNING HEAVIER THAN THE FERRARI'S, AND STILL CAME 1st-2nd!?!?!

I'm actually stunned. Wow.

I'm personally quite surprised to see BMW & Ferrari not pushing the front a lot harder,
I think [and hope] we may, be being a little mislead by Melbourne.

Ferrari, BMW and Toyota all tested out in Bahrain together and looked very even; with Ferrari perhaps a little ahead.

When all the teams tested at Jerez together, everyone still looked pretty close; with Ferrari looking strong, along with Toyota, BMW and Williams at times too.

This means that teams without the controversial diffuser [Ferrari, BMW] have been up against those with the diffuser and managed to somewhat hold their own.

Yes Brawn then came along and dominated, and I think there's no denying they are the fastest team atm.

But if you remember back to Aus last year, Williams [Rosberg] were strong and on the podium there aswell; then they were no where for the rest of the season.

Aus is meant to be a pretty unique track and teams had been saying it may not be until the first round of the European leg in Spain, that we actually get a proper representation of where everyone is.

I think Ferrari are the only cars in the top 10 to be running KERS so they could well make up a couple of places from the start. Great to see the grid so mixed up, even if the Brawns utterly dominated qualifying. Interestingly in Asia I get Alex Yoong as a commentator (remember him?) hes pretty good actually. Having been a driver a lot more recently then Brundle for example he seems to be pretty clued up on what teams/drivers are going to do. Should be a great race, 2 hours to go :awesome:

Getting very excited for it all...shame to see lewis struggling though in qualifying, but jensen makes up for that...

EDIT;

Awesome...Delighted for Button after years of hardship, Lewis got a bit of luck and ended up 4th, good to snatch the points whilst the car isn't quite up to scratch.

Edited by flameboy
Automerged Doublepost

Wow what a race! Absolutely incredible, loved every second of it.

Can't believe Jenson, fantastic driver and he's finally got a shot. Rubens did very well too to get back up there after an anti-stall and getting hit from the back by Heikki causing him to hit Webber.

Great drive from lewis. People would say he fluked it but he deserved a lot. Buemi too, great drive from a guy who was 2 seconds off the pace.

Vettel and Kubica..hmm well tbh I thought Kubica should have given Vettel more space..50-50 tbh. Shame though because they both deserved a lot.

Oh. Ferrari sucked. Kimi is a great driver from the front or when he's got the pace and willing to go fast, but today I thought he was pretty average..and what the hell how did he end up in the wall?!

No-one mentions Trulli who started from the Pit lane to snatch 3rd, of course that could be overruled and Hamilton will get the points but he really drove well. Rubeans was lucky and anyone has to agree with me on that, but despite all the problems and still getting second, I'm really chuffed.

BMW and Red Bull are really punching above their weight, just wait till all the teams have that diffuser and the championship will be really tight, but right now Advantage Brawn GP.

Trulli penalised, Hamilton gets third , though Toyota will appeal.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74053

Anyways, was a good race in terms of drama, even if I wasn't pleased with the end result.

Rubens was lucky, and I didn't like the way he drove today tbh.

Jenson yeah well done, he deserve a few wins, but honestly I think any of the drivers could have won in his position today; out front and in that car.

Ferrari had a 'mare. When I was watching it I thought Kimi had a front wheel failure, but no ones mentioned it so maybe he did just drop the car; though Brundle and Coulthard both seemed to think the incident was a strange one.

Great drives from Vettel, really good until the incident with Kubica, who also drove well. I'd also call it 50-50.

Lewis, Trulli, Alonso also lucked out today.

Also, I think KERS is absolute rubbish!

And not sure I like the tyre situation with them falling away SO quickly; everyone struggled on them!

Trulli penalised, Hamilton gets third , though Toyota will appeal.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/74053

Anyways, was a good race in terms of drama, even if I wasn't pleased with the end result.

Rubens was lucky, and I didn't like the way he drove today tbh.

Jenson yeah well done, he deserve a few wins, but honestly I think any of the drivers could have won in his position today; out front and in that car.

Ferrari had a 'mare. When I was watching it I thought Kimi had a front wheel failure, but no ones mentioned it so maybe he did just drop the car; though Brundle and Coulthard both seemed to think the incident was a strange one.

Great drives from Vettel, really good until the incident with Kubica, who also drove well. I'd also call it 50-50.

Lewis, Trulli, Alonso also lucked out today.

Also, I think KERS is absolute rubbish!

And not sure I like the tyre situation with them falling away SO quickly; everyone struggled on them!

Brilliant great day for Brits all round, F1 is back!

EDIT;

Agree about the tires couldn't believe how quickly people were coming in for changes...

What company is Brawn GP?
They were Honda. Ross Brawn bought the team, but Honda is still funding their development for this year which I find wierd. Edited by Retro_Link

They were Honda. Ross Brawn bought the team, but Honda is still funding their development for this year which I find wierd.

Does seem wierd as they pulled out cos of the financial climate...Richard Branson was somewhat coy when asked about his companies future role in the coming seasons...I say they will end up owning the team or being a massive backer at very least.

EDIT;

Quick net search shows this;

Nor would he clarify how he has managed to fund the deal. Honda are believed to be bankrolling the outfit for the first year of their existence to the tune of more than £70 million, roughly the amount it would have cost the Japanese manufacturer to wind the company up.

So would have cost them that anyway...

Wasn't it Barichello would caused the first corner collisions?

Great race however.

That was an excellent race all round, Button drove totally flawlessly and fully deserved the win, while I think maybe Barrichello got a tad lucky to end up in second after being caught napping on the grid. Surprised he didn't get a penalty for causing an avoidable incident.

I thought Hamilton put in a pretty stellar drive as well to pull himself up into the points, let alone fourth, must have been wringing the car's neck the whole way. I think Trulli's penalty seems a tad off based on what I've read, I do hope Toyota get that reversed.

Also thought Vettel and Kubica we're unlucky coming together like that, I would've let it slide as a racing incident myself.

Wasn't it Barichello would caused the first corner collisions?

Great race however.

It was Kovalinen who caused it, he bumped into the back of Barrichello which caused him to go into Webber.

Just watch the start again and you see Kovalienen right behind Barrichello blocking him in

Edited by Emerald Emblem

You know I was well surprised nakajima and Piquet didn't have major accidents in the first corner considering how accident prone they are...

But half an hour later normal service resumed :heh:

My god what a great race, I really think these new rules are going to make for an exciting season all the way to the end. Downforce+Slicks+KERS is definitely helping with overtaking and with the bigger gap between tyres cars are genuinely disadvantaged at certain points in the race leading to never quite knowing the real positions of cars.

Fair play to Button he drove fantastically and deserved the win. I think over the course of the season, if the Brawns can keep their advantage, that Barichello will take the title. I think he can take the lucky points when he needs to yet also win when the opportunity arises. Button on the other hand I don't see getting big points when races don't quite go his way.

Vettel and Kubica drove well too, not too sure why Vettel is apologising for the crash, clear racing incident and now he's gotten himself a 10 place drop in Malaysia when he could quite possibly have been up racing for the win again. Kubica I think could have caused Button some problems had he got past into 2nd cleanly, he'll be pretty pissed off with the outcome I should imagine.

Can't wait for next Sunday!!

Just thought I'd share this F1 MMO I found, my sig links to it.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Just thought I'd share this F1 MMO I found, my sig links to it.

awesome have signed up

You're only 11th out of 12 set times. I hope you pull up to a better position by the end of Practice.

I've been dropped to 3rd in my cups practice. Only got 74% out of the car though so i know I can do better.