NEurope

The STR4

*almost identicle to the Red Bull '09, though some parts of the bodywork have been altered slightly to accommodate the Ferrari [and not the Renault] engine.*

diapo101.jpg

diapo102.jpg

diapo103.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mondays Final Testing Times:

91189qu1f1t.gif

Good time from Honda/BGP today!

Tuesdays Final Testing Times:

91189qu2f1t.gif

and with BrawnGP continuing to impress on the testing times sheets, it seems their confindent of being extremely competitive:

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/sport-formel-1-606199.html

Jenson Button's debut in the new Brawn BGP001-Mercedes was still hotly debated in the paddock. Was his 1.21,140 time a serious lap time or a staged show to attract sponsors?

The answer will not please the competition. The time was real.

"If people knew how much fuel we had on board, they would be surprised," smiled team boss Ross Brawn.

"Even with our engine partner Mercedes, they did not want believe it when we told them about the contents of the tank".

It is not absurd to believe that Brawn Grand Prix will be the fastest Mercedes team in Melbourne. For Ross Brawn, the brilliant debut of his car is not surprising. "We knew from our simulations, the theoretival lap times this car could drive in Jerez, Bahrain and Barcelona. When we saw the times of the competition, we were surprised that they were not faster."

Long development time

But how can a team that last year, despite the support of the Honda, only reached the ninth-place in the constructors championship, as a private team suddenly drive at the front? There is an answer for that: No team has started with the development of the 2009 car as early as Brawn's team.

"We had the time to go through all concepts. So we have been able to make the best choices."

Only now, time is running out. Brawn GP has to do their winter testing program in seven days. The four days in Barcelona next week followed by three in Jerez.

Edited by Retro_Link

Tuesdays Final Testing Times:

and with BrawnGP continuing to impress on the testing times sheets, it seems their confindent of being extremely competitive:

This is really, really great stuff. I hope Brawn GP are fighting for points, maybe even the odd podium this year. They have 3 of the most likeable men in Formula 1 on their team and they deserve some mild success after what must have been a horrible winter.

Everything is almost pure speculation until we're looking at the Melbourne qualifying results, though I certainly hope we see a range of teams scoring points this year, or at least scrapping it out rather then languishing behind.

Everything is almost pure speculation until we're looking at the Melbourne qualifying results,
Oh definately, but there's no denying things are looking very positive for BrawnGP, as today once again demonstrated...

Wednesday Final Times:

91189qu3f1t.gif

I've read Kimi say he hasn't pushed the Ferrari 100% yet... and I'd like to see the Ferrari battling with a 'Honda', Toyota and the BMW for a change!

Also, interesting that out of the Mercedes powered teams, McLaren, Force India and BrawnGP, the McLaren has consistantly been the slowest car! :woops:

Though again, it's still just testing!

Edited by Retro_Link

I'd love it if Brawn GP went out and scored a clutch of podiums after Honda up and left them - it was Honda's meddling that left the team in a such dire straits in the first place.

As for McLaren who knows what they have (or haven't) got brewing. Their apparent lack of pace isn't so much concerning as it is downright odd, but if Ron says everything is up to snuff I think we have to assume it is until actual racing action demonstrates otherwise.

:o

91189qu4f1t.gif

FERRARI

Ferrari-technician: "They are one second faster than us. It can't be real."

RENAULT

Flavio: "When I arrived here I was still optimistic as far as our chances are concerned. Now I am not optimistic any more."

WILLIAMS

Sam Michael: "If they can repeat these laptimes in Melbourne which were set by Button on Wednesday morning during his long stint, Button and Barrichello will win the Australian Grand Prix by one lap advantage."

Mercedes

Norbert Haug: "The team have had more time for developing the 2009's car than the others. It seems to pay off."

:shakehead, I don't want a white-wash season!

*please don't be real indicator*...*please don't be real indicator*...

Edited by Retro_Link

I dont think this is gonna be a whitewash season by a long way. Far from it, im expecting alot of close competition from the lower end teams giving the higher ups a bit of a challenge. But as everyones saying, its too early to say until qualifying at least.

Fingers crossed for one hell of a season!

Even if Brawn GP went into the first half of the season scoring big I doubt they'd be able to maintain the advantage unless they came into some serious moolah to play around with. Lets face it though, if by some unholy miracle Brawn did go on and clinch, or even compete effectively in the championship, it would probably be the best thing to happen to the sport in some years.

Even if Brawn GP went into the first half of the season scoring big I doubt they'd be able to maintain the advantage unless they came into some serious moolah to play around with. Lets face it though, if by some unholy miracle Brawn did go on and clinch, or even compete effectively in the championship, it would probably be the best thing to happen to the sport in some years.
Yeah, though that's more for the more neutral fans.

I don't mind Brawn GP being very competitive, and both Jenson and Rubens deserve to score some podiums, but I need to have Ferrari be competitive [and I'm comfident they will be] so that Kimi can come out on top this year!

Anyways, some French GP news!...

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73683

France unveils plans for new F1 track

The prospect of the French Grand Prix returning to the Formula 1 calendar moved a step closer on Thursday when plans for a new home for the event were unveiled.

Following months of discussions to try and find a suitable venue for the race, it was announced that a new track at Flins-Les Mureaux, north east of Paris, has been given the nod as French authorities' preferred option.

The track, which will be 4.5k m in length, beat off competition from four other venues that had made the final shortlist.

The track will feature a one-km long straight and, at a cost of 112 million Euros to construct, was the cheapest of the four possibilities being looked at.

French architect Jean-Michel Wilmotte will work with British construction experts Apex Circuit Design, who also helped build the Dubai Autodrome, to head up the project.

The track is expected to be ready in time for the 2011 season, although a final decision about the return of the French GP will be made by Bernie Ecclestone.

Edited by Retro_Link

Yeah, though that's more for the more neutral fans.

I don't mind Brawn GP being very competitive, and both Jenson and Rubens deserve to score some podiums, but I need to have Ferrari be competitive [and I'm comfident they will be] so that Kimi can come out on top this year!

Hehe fair enough. I gotta say though, as an F1 fan who would have Lewis' face tattooed onto the very flesh of my beating heart given half a chance, Rubens scoring the WDC would be like some kind of beautiful, narcotic dream finally come to fruition. Again, probably won't happen, but still... it's always nice to dream. :heh:

Weird how the team that barely started testing are actually when you think about it the team with the most development time done on their car. When you look at how early Honda abandoned the 08 season it makes sense for Brawn GP to be right up there. Especially with testing restrictions as they are this year, I think they have a great chance. How galling would it be for Honda if their old team won the championship and made a bit of money!

My goodness, it's always nice to see Rubeans at the top of a ranking sheet. Looks like Brawn GP will get the maiden win with the new regulations.

EDIT: After reading an article on Ron Dennis downplaying Mclaren concerns, he brought up the point that each team have their own agenda in practice. Also reliability is also a factor.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Some interesting talking points:

Whitmarsh: We're not fast enough

Massa: We're not fast enough compared to Brawn

Brawn: Wheeeee!

(I've paraphrased a bit obviously. :heh:)

I have to say I am surprised to hear McLaren admit to struggling, even after seeing their recent testing times, though I suppose it was inevitable at least one of the big teams was going to struggle with the new regs. Still remains to be seen of course what kind of pace they'll bring to Melbourne, especially with their final days of testing at Jerez next week but it seems doubtful they'll be scoring big wins straight from the off.

Meanwhile, fascinating to hear Massa's comments on Brawn GP, looks like they've really got the big guns worried. Gonna be a tough season for everyone I think.

Edited by gaggle64

Apparently the Brawn GP car doesn't have KERS.

The neat little BGP 001 hides some unique features to its pace such as clever front suspension, a 'snow plough' bargeboard and complex diffuser, as well as the weight distribution advantage of not having KERS.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73700

If this is how it would be, think how closer the teams would be in 2010 when they all need KERS.

Also this article made me lol, not at the claims Mclaren made but the article authors one blatant mistake:

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2009/3/9016.html

Edited by Emerald Emblem

haha yeah I saw that! phew!

I think that goes to show that alot/all the teams, had yet to fully push their cars 100%, and I think some are doing that now.

Guess alot of these insane times being set at the moment are the teams seeing just how far they can push their cars on a flying lap, 'no' fuel, qually sim!