NEurope

For those that may have forgotten how quick Schumacher is, watch this qualifying lap:

?rel=0&autoplay=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

I remember watching it live and hearing james Allen yell out 'SCHUMACHERS BLOWN IT' around 22s in and he suffers a MASSIVE slide and somehow he gets pole...Wow.

Saw an interesting quote from ross earlier about schumachers comeback, went along the lines of 'He said he can do it so I'm confident he will'. Kind of shows you how close they are.

Edit. can't get the youtube link to work so here ya go:

^ Man I'd like those days back!

Kimi-McLaren, Schumi-Ferrari, A1 Ring, V10 engines, Overtaking, More racing and less stupid rules/regs/constant steward enquiries. :heart:

Oh god, A1 ring besides I never want those days back. I'm pretty sure I spent most of 2000-04 asleep on the sofa. Personally I don't think F1 has been as interesting as it has these last few seasons since the early nineties.

In having those days back I didn't mean exactly as they happened, just the scenario.

No way would I want Schumacher to dominate the sport. I just liked the Kimi-McLaren, Schumi-Ferrari, Alonso-Renault days... they were such a missed opportunity because of unreliability, we never got to see those three fighting it out as much as we should have.

Schumi's glory days were an absolute snore fest, I wouldn't want that back for anything.

But I really miss those V10 engines, seems they made overtaking possible.

Best year of F1 for me was easily 1998! Mika and David had such a dominant Mclaren that they lapped EVERYONE apart from Michael at the seasons opener in Melbourne and they dominated Brazil too. Ferrari brought some updates for round 3 at Argentina and all of a sudden they took the fight to Mclaren. For the ENTIRE season it was nip and tuck between Michael and Mika, was just insane. TONNES of overtaking, controversial incidents (such as Schuey winning in the pits), one of the greatest wet races ever seen in Spa, Monza (check it out on youtube, Schueys pass on mika was incredible), and after all that, the heartbreak of Suzuka where Mika took it :(

Ahh great times. Tracks were so different back then aswell, i mean Argentina had a race! V10s, two different tyre manufactures, the different between the fastest and slowest cars was also much more spread which i prefer. I mean, nowadays if i quick car falls to the back he'll struggle to overtake but I remember Schumacher stalling at Suzuka and getting up to 6th in 10 laps or something. What did i love the most? Reliability. God, I remember watching a race and just jumping when murray would yell out 'BANG! MIKA IS OUT OF THE RACE!' haha :)