NEurope

Pretty impressed! Good overall look, better colour scheme/livery.

And cool interesting mirrors!

Looks more like Fisher Price than Kingfisher

It has the colours of the Indian flag on it so i like it :)

Ahh the season starts soon! Can't wait! First race is the last sunday of this month right?

It has the colours of the Indian flag on it so i like it :)

Ahh the season starts soon! Can't wait! First race is the last sunday of this month right?

Yeah I just remembered earlier that today is March 1st, meaning the GP starts THIS MONTH!!... It now only 4 weekends away!!

Testing started again at Jerez today.

All teams are running there and it will be a 5 day test.

Todays final lap times and number of laps:

1. Sebastian Vettel 1.19:055 87

2. Felipe Massa 1.20:330 63

3. Kamui Kobayashi 1.20:699 79

4. Nico Rosberg 1.21:171 71

5. Robert Kubica 1.21:292 47

6. Giancarlo Fisichella 1.21:584 31

7. Pedro De la Rosa 1.21:831 94

8. Nelson Piquet 1.22:011 52

Other testing news:

Plenty of Red Flags today!

[As of 2009 teams are only allowed to use 4 engines throughout testing]...

- Red Bull had an engine failures today.

- McLaren had an engine failure today.

- Renault may have had a gearbox failure.

- BMW made a precautionary engine change as they detected a possible problem.

- McLaren, BMW were testing 2010 tyre rubber for Bridgestone today [all teams will do it at some point], as Bridgestone need to collect data for the loss of tyre warmers next year.

What the, Vettel was MIGHTY fast. He's definately going to be the one to watch this season i think.

Though remember testing is testing! but it is certainly encouraging for Red Bull.

- Ferrari have also made a number of design modifications:

Previous: Bend in sidepod, Curved engine cover.

wtwpol.jpg

New: No bend in sidepod, Straight lined engine cover.

diapo140.jpg

diapo101.jpg

- The rear end is also supposedly lower now, like the Red Bull and Toyota.

- And they have made a change to the lower part of the rear wing.

Think I prefer the look of the sidepods now without the bend in them.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73522

Barrichello secures new F1 deal

Rubens Barrichello will extend his record as the most experienced Formula One driver in history this year, autosport.com has learned, after agreeing a deal to race for the soon-to-be-renamed Honda Racing outfit.

Although it is understood that a final contract has not yet been signed, high level sources close to the Brackley-based team have confirmed that the veteran Brazilian has been given the nod to line up alongside Jenson Button in 2009.

The team are awaiting the final green light from the Honda Motor Company for the imminent management buyout led by Ross Brawn and Nick Fry, and only when that happens will the 2009 deals be finalised.

It is suggested that the situation could be fully resolved by the end of this week, with the team expected to conduct a shakedown of their 2009 challenger in Britain on Friday before joining next week's final group test session at Barcelona in Spain.

"We expect to be able to make an announcement from the company and the team in the near future," the Yomiuri daily quoted a source at the company's Japan headquarters as saying.

"Honda has been making all possible efforts to avoid the worst option of having to disband the team."

Barrichello has started 267 Grands Prix in a career that stretches back to the start of the 1993 season.

Speaking to autosport.com at the end of last year, Barrichello said he was fired up to remain at the Honda Racing despite the uncertainty that had surrounded the team since December.

"I have unfinished business in F1," he said during a visit to England before Christmas to let the team know how keen he was to remain with them. "I am sure I can finish higher up, if not winning the championship. I really believe that is what I deserve.

"It would be a shame not to use the services of someone so eager to do it, plus with all the experience and the speed. It is the right time - and it comes with the willingness to do well.

"If you sign someone with the speed but whose time is over, they will set up the car differently and badly. You are 80 percent of the time going through corners, and you set up the car different compared to someone who comes and wants to go flat out.

"For me, I am still taking it flat - and sometimes this year in qualifying you have that little pimple on your skin saying 'just remember you are not a boy any more' after the corner. So it is still there very much."

Sensible decision as Honda will need all the driver experience they can get to help them through '09 and develop on into 2010.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73535

Senna 'upset' after Honda snub

Bruno Senna says he is upset following the decision of the soon-to-be-renamed Honda team to choose to stick with Rubens Barrichello over him.

Senna, the nephew of three-time champion Ayrton, was the main favourite to land the second seat alongside Jenson Button if the team were saved.

However, the bosses of the former Honda team have decided to keep Barrichello for another season, leaving Senna with no F1 racing seat for 2009.

Senna said he will have to look elsewhere now, but he admits it will mean a step backwards for him if it's outside of Formula One.

The Brazilian admitted he was annoyed the talks with Honda had taken so long.

"I'm kind of resigned to trying something else. I had a meeting today (Monday) with Ross Brawn and he cancelled," Senna was quoted as saying by Brazil's Agencia Estadao.

"I'm just a little upset because this situation has dragged on for so long, making me lose better professional possibilities.

"Now I'm going to get together with my family, with my advisors, and decide what way to take.

"Anything that I may do will be step backwards. The important thing is to keep Formula One as the top priority. I will bounce back."

Barrichello, meanwhile, insisted nothing had been signed yet, but the veteran racer is hopeful that he will be in action at Barcelona next week.

"My faith says that next week I'll be driving a competitive car in the tests in Barcelona - although I have no document in my hands that assures me of that," he said.

"I've lived four months of waiting and I'm not going to celebrate before crossing the finish line."

Feel sorry for Bruno being messed around though!

Todays final testing times:

1. T. Glock Toyota TF109 1:19.814 /110 pit

2. F. Massa Ferrari F60 1:20.238 +0.424 /106 pit

3. F. Alonso Renault R29 1:20.296 +0.482 /125 pit

4. H. Kovalainen McLaren MP4-24 1:20.535 +0.721 /67 pit

5. M. Webber Red Bull Racing RB5 1:21.021 +1.207 /81 pit

6. R. Kubica BMW Sauber F1.09 1:21.099 +1.285 /65 pit

7. A. Sutil Force India VJM-02 1:21.190 +1.376 /40 pit

8. N. Rosberg Williams FW31 1:21.701 +1.887 /100 pit

Right for the first time in some years I actually have faith in Toyota when it comes to them winning a race. Glock's showing some incredible space atm, and I know it's just testing but if he or jarno qualify well, anything is possible.

There's a great deal of new stuff on the BBC F1 website including videos & blogs etc: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/default.stm

Look's like they're going all out in an effort to at least match itv's fairly good online coverage.

EDIT: BREAKING NEWS

At the FOTA meeting held on Wednesday it was announced that there will be a new scoring system for 2009 - (Source: gpupdate.net)

12-9-7-5-4-3-2-1.

I think this is excellent news as there wasn't enough distinction between 1st and 2nd places before and now hopefully it will encourage drivers to get the extra point awarded for 1st place. I really liked the system before when it was 10-6-4-3-2-1 as it really made the winners stand out more. While I wish the gap between 1st and 2nd was 4 or even 5 points; 3 points is better than 2, hopefully it improve the racing.

I like that system. Pretty much how I would have it done. Seperate the leader well above, and also seperates the podium places from 4th a bit more.

Nice new BBC website!!

Yeah read about the points being changed, pretty good.

FOTA's plans:

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/73568

Revealed: FOTA plans to improve show

The teams' body announced several new ideas that will be studied and implemented in order to improve the show for the fans, both on television and on track.

- With refuelling set to be banned from 2010, FOTA said it is aiming to "enhance the spectacle and entertainment by recording the performance of each pit crew member, identified by a number on the back."

- FOTA is also aiming to increase the content offering both for TV and Internet, making team personnel and drivers more accessible for interviews, as well as offering more technical data, permanent radio communications and access to teams' back-offices for TV crews.

FOTA's proposals for TV coverage enhancement:

- Gap and fuel load analysis

1236259125.jpg

- Cornering line comparison

1236259929.jpg

- Pit stop predictor

1236260101.jpg

- GPS positioning

1236260199.jpg

- Incidents close-up

1236260240.jpg

FOTA calls for points system overhaul

- Under proposals announced by FOTA at its press conference in Geneva today, the points for a race win would rise from 10 to 12, with nine points for second and seven for third.

Positions four to eight would continue to score in the current 5-4-3-2-1 manner.

Others:

- The other immediate change to the sporting regulations that FOTA is proposing is to make each car's starting fuel load public before the race to make the grands prix easier to understand.

FOTA has also suggested that for 2010:

- More performance data is revealed to audiences,

- Constructors' championship points are awarded for the fastest pitstops at each event

- Race lengths are reduced to 250 kilometres or a maximum duration of one hour and 40 minutes.

- TV coverage improvements look good!

- Permanent Radio transmissions are great!

- Teams/Drivers more accessible for interviews, great!

- Indifferent about Constructor point for fastest pit stop.

- Reducing race lengths can sod off!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursdays Final Testing Times:

91089qu5f1t.gif

*McLarens time was set using the '08 rear wing, without it they are a second or so slower.

They have been using the '08 wing near enough all week.*

djm0905ma43.jpg

diapo179.jpg

diapo180.jpg

diapo181.jpg

diapo182.jpg

Totally use to the look of the cars now!... well except for the Renault!

Nice to see point scoring has been changed a bit but 10-8-6 would have been nicer..but still a 3 point difference is always nicer than 2 :)

Brawn GP is a pretty rubbish name, but nevertheless, good news.

First (so far as I'm aware) image of the Brawn GP car:

carnew.jpg

brawngp.png

bgp0011.jpg

lo9t84513.jpg

bgp0017.jpg

Yesterday in testing, Trulli went over a curb a bit too hard, and the result!...

diapo121.jpg

Probably the first of many for the new '09 front wings!

And setting up in Barcelona for the next tests starting tomorrow:

s6qbyhti1.jpg

Imagine how many highlighter pens Brawn is getting through! :indeed:

I like the simplicity of the design, as I said earlier, a very clean looking and easily identifiable car.

As much as I like the white, I certainly hope they get plenty of sponsors to decorate it all up a bit. Also monies.