Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Ine Investigates

Fierce_LiNk

Yeeeees. I was having a wee little chat with the ladyfriend, and I noticed something that rocked my world and rattled my bones.

She has a knack for compromises. Over Christmas, we had a dilemma. Do we make the brownies, or do we make the lasagna?

Typical Jim response: "Takeaway?"

Ine's actual response: "NEIN! We make the lasagna, and have the brownies for desert!"

I was shocked, surprised, and quite frankly, turned on. Like a light switch.

Then, tonight, we were talking about teh KNEE-Meeet. Hostel, or hotel?

Again, she came to the rescue, with a well informed response.

"The hotel, for privacy, but stay with other people neeeearby! I wons!"

And, by God, did she win the prize? They're thinking of adding her as a trophy in Brawl. DEE ELL SEE.

So, I had this awesome idea. Imagine if she had her own tv show. Ine Investigates. You give her a question, and she solves eet. Using her brians, and her brains!

Ask anything. Ine Will Answer. Ine will Investigate!

By the power of Red Bubble!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

INE HELP ME COMPROMISE!!!!! :(

Do I start my personal statement now, and risk it being crappy and unoriginal, or wait till after the weekend, with the added stress of having wasted a weekend!!

Why would starting it now make it crappy and unoriginal? Maybe make a draft of it now, and then look at it again after the weekend and change anything that doesn't sound good?

Not that I even know what a personal statement is. =P

Why would starting it now make it crappy and unoriginal? Maybe make a draft of it now, and then look at it again after the weekend and change anything that doesn't sound good?

Not that I even know what a personal statement is. =P

Woohoo!! :heart:

I'll get started...maybe... *eyes up kettle*

Yes!

She could be the forum agony aunt! :o

Quick, Wolfy...catch my thoughts, put them in a bag, and save them for a rainy day.

I can imagine this forum does indeed need an agony aunt, the relationship thread proves that and king_v asking for advice when it comes to his girlfriend, bless his socks!

*catches thoughts. Sells them on ebay*

Eenuh, do I do more work on my essays, or start packing for going to Cambridge tomorrow?

Do your packing now as it's a bit more urgent, then as soon as you're done with that, you can go back to your essays and write write write!

Eenuh, i have little or no motivation to do my two essays i'm 1000 words into one and 1500 into the other

=[ what do i do?

Get your ass into gear and get working!

But seriously, make a plan, where you write down how much you want to get done each day, setting yourself a deadline. So let's say, every day you will write x amount of words. And you try to keep to that plan.

Just make sure the plan you set up is realistic and can be done. Also, start with the essay you like the least, so you have that out of the way first. Other than that, there's not much you can do to motivate yourself I'm afraid.

INE HELP ME COMPROMISE!!!!! :(

Do I start my personal statement now, and risk it being crappy and unoriginal, or wait till after the weekend, with the added stress of having wasted a weekend!!

Not treading on Ine's Investigations here, but as a student applying for art, I've got it on good advice (the head of admissions for Edinburgh College of Art) that original statements are the way to go.

I wrote a pretty good one that many school teachers liked, but worried that it was so like a piece of cxreative writing it might go down badly. But alas no!

So be original!

Not treading on Ine's Investigations here, but as a student applying for art, I've got it on good advice (the head of admissions for Edinburgh College of Art) that original statements are the way to go.

I wrote a pretty good one that many school teachers liked, but worried that it was so like a piece of cxreative writing it might go down badly. But alas no!

So be original!

Haha like I said, I have no idea what a personal statement is. We don't need that stuff around here. =P

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!