N-Europe

Scrubs Season 8

ShadowV7

Every other season of Scrubs I've watched as the episodes were released, waiting, usually, with excitement. I gave up on season 9 about three episodes in. The show has been so badly bastardised that its almost unrecognisable. To be honest, it was following a trajectory towards American armchair humour from season 5 onwards, but I still watched because it was the characters that I loved, but even with the old veterans, you could see the enthusiasm waning with the repetition of the same old tropes and inability to come up with anything inventive beyond a three person worlds-most-giant doctor.

Shame really, since the first three seasons are still some of my favourite tv ever.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Season eight wasn't too bad. It wasn't its best but it picked up from the previous few seasons of mediocrity.

If we take Lawrence's word at face value (and I'm going to) when he says "part of the reason we did season 9 was to make sure it wasn't [further] bastardised and to keep people employed" then its...somewhat respectable. Shame he reset a lot of the characters to their previous selves.

I couldn't stand what little of it I watched, but I guess when you've religiously followed 8 seasons of a show, you come into it with some predispositions, and it was so different from Scrubs at its greatest (first 3 seasons) that I immediately hated it. Denise is cool though.