NEurope
ShadowV7

Scrubs Season 8

Every other season of Scrubs I've watched as the episodes were released, waiting, usually, with excitement. I gave up on season 9 about three episodes in. The show has been so badly bastardised that its almost unrecognisable. To be honest, it was following a trajectory towards American armchair humour from season 5 onwards, but I still watched because it was the characters that I loved, but even with the old veterans, you could see the enthusiasm waning with the repetition of the same old tropes and inability to come up with anything inventive beyond a three person worlds-most-giant doctor.

Shame really, since the first three seasons are still some of my favourite tv ever.

Season eight wasn't too bad. It wasn't its best but it picked up from the previous few seasons of mediocrity.

If we take Lawrence's word at face value (and I'm going to) when he says "part of the reason we did season 9 was to make sure it wasn't [further] bastardised and to keep people employed" then its...somewhat respectable. Shame he reset a lot of the characters to their previous selves.

The season 8 finale was fantastic. Being an emotionless wart, I am rarely as close to tears as I was during that episode.

Awesome thanks. Now I can listen without having to watch the episode clip.

(although I do like the Cox/Jordan moment in it but nice to be without the random talking)

Weep for me bitch.

It was a perfect ending so it's unfortunate they had to go and spoil it by creating another season :hmm:

..and given how I'm feeling tonight, it was only fitting that a couple of tears should roll down my cheek as I watched that :hmm:

I'm four episodes into it and I quite like it.

I thought it was going to be an on going thing. Didn't realise it was just going to end after one season.

As I understand it, the season was greenlit pretty much to give Scrubs crew members another year of work. Quality was, at the time, a secondary consideration at best.

The ending of the Med School spin-off was extremely lame.

Because it wasn't an ending. It was an episode that happened to become an ending. Which sucked a bit but that's life/the business of television.

I actually love season 9.

If Denise was a real person I'd fly over to America right now and propose to her. Just so she could reject me.

is she the really smokin intern?

Yup and she's a bit of an emotionless bitch for added hotness. I do actually love her.

I caught part of an episode from Season 9 last night before I went to bed and.. it just wasn't Scrubs :hmm: I didn't like it much at all :sad:

My friend is excited for tomorrow night because The Blanks from Scrubs are playing in Birmingham tomorrow night.

They just had the final episode on E4 there (Yeh.. Season 9 doesn't count :mad:) and it completely kills me every time I see it and just lets me know that I'm not OK :hmm:

All you people - you're insane. Season 9 is excellent. One of the better seasons.

Daft, this is one of those instances in which you've sent my bullshitometer haywire.

Are you being postmodern again? Quit it.

Haha!! You know me too well.

Almost. Nah, I thought it was great. The only weak character was the main blond girl but otherwise loved it. Plus, Denise. I'm in love.

I couldn't stand what little of it I watched, but I guess when you've religiously followed 8 seasons of a show, you come into it with some predispositions, and it was so different from Scrubs at its greatest (first 3 seasons) that I immediately hated it. Denise is cool though.