NEurope
CoolFunkMan

Game Damage

I've searched for this, and haven't found anything on it, so here it goes...

So here's the lowdown; Yug and Matt (from australiangamer.com), and Yahtzee (of zero punctuation) are trying to start thier own gaming show, called Game Damage. The pilot epsiode is out, and can be viewed on the official website:

http://www.gamedamage.net/

They're trying to find sponsors, so that they can make it into a proper show. So, what's everyone's opinion of this?

Personally, I think it's actually a really good idea for a show. The design, and presentation is fairly dynamic and stylish and they really make a good team. Plus this show actually seems to have a soul, which is what other gaming shows seem to lack. There are some sketchy bits, like the skits aren't that funny imo, but it's early days yet. I hope this project ends up getting off the ground, I think it truely has potential.

I thought it was brilliant, much better than any gaming shows I've seen on TV and I really hope someone sponsors them.

And I quite enjoyed the master chief skit.

Potential, but only if they follow the Top Gear format more closely. Get away from a single couch scenario and discuss amongst themselves rather than at the camera. The two guys, Yug and Matt, need to stop giggling at everything Yahtzee says and their personas need to be stronger.

Weird seeing Yahtzee's face. His little segment on Point n' clicks was well made, and Matt's Rant seemed to have potential but he lacked emotion and it ended too soon. The gaming skits could be good, but they were a tad predictable this time around.

Yahtzee should be the 'chair' and the other two should bounce off him rather than the Yug dude.

I didn't care what games they were playing, and there didn't seem to be any real focus on some of their discussions - xmas games, MMOs... A lot of rambling and too much sitting on the fence between being informative or being humorous.

But, of course, there really ought to be an interesting gaming show on TV. As I say, a Top Gear styled show could be awesome beyond awesome. Good luck to the guys, they're brave for sticking their mugs on film and giving it a go. I just hope Yahtzee doesn't continue to wear that blatantly contrived wardrobe forever!

I liked it but it felt a bit awkward they need to interact with each other more.

Most of the time they were staring into the camera while talking to each other.

I say they need to make it seem more that they are talking to each other not the audience.

But I liked it and I hope they get their sponsored.

I thought it was pretty shoddy to be honest. Yahtzee was fairly amusing but his on couch persona felt forced- he was only really good on his own segment which felt more natural.

and like jay said- they need to have a proper conversation instead of looking at a single camera like that.

also, was it just me or did those ausies look kinda sweaty? less of that please, Internet.

The two guys, Yug and Matt, need to stop giggling at everything Yahtzee says and their personas need to be stronger.

I'm 1:27 in and that's starting to piss me off. Before he even made a joke.

A nice Master Chief cossie. The Duke Nukem sketch, I liked it, but I think it would've been sexier if they had "Balls of steel" or something about kicking ass and bubblegum under the ideas section.

Cut to about 8 minutes, the duds waggling his head back and forth the voice and facial expression of a gay man wanting a piss.

10:30-11ish. I love the fake interaction, Jay was correct, they need to watch some Top Gear.

11:25, more face waggling, homo style. I figured out who it reminded me of - Matt Lucas.

I think we could do better, with a better title.

I think we could do better, with a better title.

Are you suggesting an N-Europe show? :heh:

I'm game if you are!

I need to play that Jamaican monkey thing.

I must say out of those 3 games that looked the most shit. The Run thing was nice, reminded me of those helicopter games you get online. The one thing I found weird about that ghost running game is that in the clip most of the time he's actually running towards the ghost.

It doesn't do anything interesting, it's just them saying 'we're going to look at some cool games'. Their Mega64 ripoffs are dreadful also and Yahtzee (despite being the best thing on the show) is far too ugly to sit in front of camera. In fact all of them are.

We need Bits back!

I remember Mega64 vaguely... Actually I can't.

What we need back, is Gamezville. With that prick Simon who pronounced Sega "Seee-gah"

I thought it was pretty good for a pilot. They could do with being a bit more informative.

Yahtzee on his own in Zero Punctuation is far superior to this TV effort, but I guess that goes without saying

I must say out of those 3 games that looked the most shit. The Run thing was nice, reminded me of those helicopter games you get online. The one thing I found weird about that ghost running game is that in the clip most of the time he's actually running towards the ghost.

It seemed more addictive to me. I always get hooked in that kind of game.

The run game reminded me of a cool game I used to play called Skyroads, but it looked far too crude, and I agree with you on the ghost game, maybe he goes right by default.

criticisms aside, I simply must own that shirt and waistcoat combo.

I prefer it when you wear your robe and wizard hat combo.

I watched the beginning of this this morning. I just thought it was funny seeing Ben (Yahtzee) for the first time in about seven years since I was his best mate at school. That beard is certainly new since then. :p

That was good to watch. TV series like this and Bits are great simply because it's a lot easier to watch something on TV than it is to spend ages searching for information online, browsing through reviews and screenshots for a single game.

I found the skits very unfunny. Yahtzee seems a bit pretentious, and the jokes that go back and forth between the three of them are pretty mediocre. The other segments were great though.