N-Europe

2008 was the year of rocky relationships, no?

Falcon_BlizZACK

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem like, although maybe the dumpers just banded together and decided to be incredibly nasty to their other halves at the time.

Who knows, but it sucks and let's go drinking instead!

Its a conspiracy I say!! o_O

For me, rocky friendships perhaps, bit lacking in the "relationship" department.

Hmm, I wouldn't strictly limit this to just 2008. I think eeeeevery year has to feature some kind of rocky relationship or friendship for me. If not, then, I think I fail the year or something.

This year saw the great farce that was me and my ex-housemate. That actually ticked two boxes, as the great friendship and then relationship was ruined in one swoop.

As for everyone else, I think the opposite is happening. People seem to be pairing up. I'm slowly becoming the single one in my friendship group. But, I live by this Never Say Die attitude. Sooner or later, it'll all work out, in the way that only fate or the almighty can make it happen. I've got someone very special in my life at the moment, so we'll see what happens with that. So, you just put your effort into that, try and make it work.

But, life is pretty dandy for others. I can't say I've seen many break-ups at all. Now, 2006, THAT was the year. I think anyway.

Yup mine went south, but won't be long until someone else comes along, I think 2009 will be much kinder to me. But despite what happened I'm a better person today because of it, and in regards to my former lady: No worries here

Heh, I thought the same last year. Like, "oh, next year will be the year!"

Bring on the next disappointment. Sorry, I meant...woman.

lol I say every year it'll be better and without sounding too negative it's just gotten worse and worse.

Nothing beats 2006 though..sigh

2006 weren't bad, I guess.

But, I dunno, is it just me or is it just harder to get into a relationship now? If I were to evaluate myself, I wouldn't know what I'm doing wrong half the time, and I do think I'm always trying hard and also being realistic.

I think there's something in the female brain which just over-complicates things.

Heh, I thought the same last year. Like, "oh, next year will be the year!"

Bring on the next disappointment. Sorry, I meant...woman.

Well I'm not expecting any happy go lucky sunshine style stuff. But the lack of a new disappointment at the moment is probably a good thing. Things have been looking up for me ever since, as for the ex, things are getting worse and worse but not my problem I guess.

Hmm, I wouldn't strictly limit this to just 2008. I think eeeeevery year has to feature some kind of rocky relationship or friendship for me. If not, then, I think I fail the year or something.

This year saw the great farce that was me and my ex-housemate. That actually ticked two boxes, as the great friendship and then relationship was ruined in one swoop.

As for everyone else, I think the opposite is happening. People seem to be pairing up. I'm slowly becoming the single one in my friendship group. But, I live by this Never Say Die attitude. Sooner or later, it'll all work out, in the way that only fate or the almighty can make it happen. I've got someone very special in my life at the moment, so we'll see what happens with that. So, you just put your effort into that, try and make it work.

But, life is pretty dandy for others. I can't say I've seen many break-ups at all. Now, 2006, THAT was the year. I think anyway.

What happened there then? I don't recall hearing, but that's gotta suck major ass. Losing a friend AND a relationship both in one fell swoop is just, urgh, damn. Totally agree with your post though, it's summing up exactly how I'm feeling alot lately. On the situation of other people I know...well nah, nothing too major in the breakups front.

As for me, well, I had a weird one over the summer, getting involved with a girl who was all fucked up, and wasn't after love or long term, yet hated me cos I was pointing out it would all go wrong eventually then? She told me if I say it then it'll happen blahblahblah, but then wham! It did, she found another guy and I was gone in a moment. She also decided not to be my friend either, because I'd said if it happened that I'd want her to dissappear for a while, and now she hates me or some shit and I'm still confused on so many counts but on the whole, fucking glad I'm shot of her and the stress of it all. Can't stop it still being part of me now though, which is a shame.

I was a bit in that frame of mind where you end up looking for the next thing, filling the void, but I decided it was a bad path, and so I'm kind of in the same mindset as Flink, it'll all work out soon, just let it roll its course.

I think there's something in the female brain which just over-complicates things.

There is, it's the female bit :heh:

But, I dunno, is it just me or is it just harder to get into a relationship now? If I were to evaluate myself, I wouldn't know what I'm doing wrong half the time, and I do think I'm always trying hard and also being realistic.

2006 was one of the worst years of my life to date.

The issue is females look at something from every angle. Men don't tend to do this. Hence arguments.

I think half the time women are so obsessed with men being bastards that it's bloody difficult to be "nice" or genuine as a lot women are thinking "I know what you're after..."

I'm also finding that you have to be some kind of ideal Disney Prince to get anywhere yet the women can be cruel bastards and it's ok. Because it's there 'turn' or sommat. Mind you, I live in the North East where women can be so full on it's frightening...

This is going to be one fothermucka of a post, so here goes...

Well I'm not expecting any happy go lucky sunshine style stuff. But the lack of a new disappointment at the moment is probably a good thing. Things have been looking up for me ever since, as for the ex, things are getting worse and worse but not my problem I guess.

Heh, maybe it's Karma. Although, it would be nice if things did go suddenly all rosie in the garden, wouldn't it?

What happened there then? I don't recall hearing, but that's gotta suck major ass. Losing a friend AND a relationship both in one fell swoop is just, urgh, damn. Totally agree with your post though, it's summing up exactly how I'm feeling alot lately. On the situation of other people I know...well nah, nothing too major in the breakups front.

As for me, well, I had a weird one over the summer, getting involved with a girl who was all fucked up, and wasn't after love or long term, yet hated me cos I was pointing out it would all go wrong eventually then? She told me if I say it then it'll happen blahblahblah, but then wham! It did, she found another guy and I was gone in a moment. She also decided not to be my friend either, because I'd said if it happened that I'd want her to dissappear for a while, and now she hates me or some shit and I'm still confused on so many counts but on the whole, fucking glad I'm shot of her and the stress of it all. Can't stop it still being part of me now though, which is a shame.

I was a bit in that frame of mind where you end up looking for the next thing, filling the void, but I decided it was a bad path, and so I'm kind of in the same mindset as Flink, it'll all work out soon, just let it roll its course.

There is, it's the female bit :heh:

Well, long story short: She was my housemate, and we were best mates for a while, too. Then, suddenly this one night, she comes onto me heavily and tells me she loves me. Problem was, she was with somebody else at the time. It was an awful situation to be in, and I feel so angry at myself for letting her have power over me. Thing is, I told her lots of personal things, and I felt like I could trust her, and I was still in a non-stable state after the events of last year. So, I'm pretty angry that she put me through all that, but I'm really glad she's outta my life now.

2006 was one of the worst years of my life to date.

The issue is females look at something from every angle. Men don't tend to do this. Hence arguments.

2006 was good, I think. Until the end of December, and then onwards through to the next year was a hell. I'm glad I'm outta there now.

Hmm, I guess so. But, do they over-analyse? I think sometimes you just have to go for broke, or just go that little bit further, and I think men are more inclined to do that than girls?

I think half the time women are so obsessed with men being bastards that it's bloody difficult to be "nice" or genuine as a lot women are thinking "I know what you're after..."

I'm also finding that you have to be some kind of ideal Disney Prince to get anywhere yet the women can be cruel bastards and it's ok. Because it's there 'turn' or sommat. Mind you, I live in the North East where women can be so full on it's frightening...

You know mate, that first bit is spot on.

Actually, so's that second. Where have you been all my life?!

I had two relationships fall through, but hey, it happens. My sister just broke up with her long term boyfriend, mind you, which was a bit shit.

Oddly, two couples I pretty much set up have gone through their 1st and 2nd anniversaries in the last few months.

Well, I started my first real relationship less than a month ago, and it ended this Friday. I learned a lot about myself, though, it was great while it lasted, and we remain friends, so no regrets or hard feelings.

I'm sorry to hear that my friend...

This was the year I also had my first real relationship... And we hit the rocks probably a bit too often. Problem was I'm quite sensitive and (uh) emotional and shes entirely the opposite. So her 'lack' of emotion and my deeper emotions were like fire and water coming together. Plus we're both stubborn, so back then if she didn't call, I wouldn't call and vice versa. Was generally the little things that just escalated into something it shouldn't be.

When things hit the fan (ie her not picking up the phone at such critical stages), I broke up with her via text for about a week in October. But after we've reconciled it really feels like we're on a greater stage relationship-wise and would do anything to make the relationship cruise steadily. But lord, its still unbeleivable how we've managed to do it... These weren't just rocks, but flipping jagged edged glaciers!

(Though of course, counting the 'epic' event, it may just be my best year... But thats subjective :p)

But my best friends like 7 year relationship (since year10), came to an end this year. Two of my other friends divorced, and about 3 more are constantly on and off... Crazy year.

But don't women tend to change their "angles" on a monthly basis. Hmmm, maybe that's a biological thing though!

:blank:

Pet peeve: When women use their monthly's as an excuse to MAIM MEN!

You know mate, that first bit is spot on.

Actually, so's that second. Where have you been all my life?!

I'm right here f you ever need me. The king of breakups lol. That's the ONE thing I have going for me! :yay:

Cheers King_V. Everyone's support and guidance in that dark, dark moment has really enabled me to move on with my life and be a stronger person.