NEurope
Guest Jordan

Has 2008 been a disappointing year for gaming?

I really hate that the "ADD generation" reached gaming too. I don't have a PS3 or a PSP, yet I don't even have time (or money) to play all the games I want. There's never a moment where there isn't a game I want to buy (full price or not, but that's another point) for Wii, 360 or DS (hell even PS2 and some GC I have left... and GBA!), yet people hype some games so so much, due to the ridiculously big campaigns and coverage most "big" titles have been getting, they're always disapointed. Games that haven't come out within 3 weeks aren't new and don't count, games that aren't hardcore don't count, games that don't have online don't count, also space marines, etc... There were so many damn good games for every console and of course, personal taste is the defining point, but still, a disappointing year? I can't see how.

This year gave me MGS4 and Final Fantasy: Crisis Core ( easily one of my favourite games I have ever played ) so for me it was a total win :)

Remember the days when one or two N64 games would make that year a great gaming year? *sigh* the good ol' days.

Remember the days when one or two N64 games would make that year a great gaming year? *sigh* the good ol' days.

N64 hardly had any games... What was there was great but very narrow choice. I just used to keep playing the same games over and over till i got a PS1.

the best year in gaming is 1998.

Starcraft: Brood War

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Grim Fandango

Half-Life

Baldur's Gate

Fallout 2

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

Metal Gear Solid

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Shining Force III

Final Fantasy VIII

Tenchu: Stealth Assassins

Worms 2

Thief: The Dark Project

Gran Turismo

Resident Evil 2

Descent: FreeSpace

Body Harvest

Wipeout 64

Quest for Glory V: Dragon Fire

Heart of Darkness

Turok 2

Extreme-G 2

Future Cop LAPD

Moto Racer 2

F-Zero X

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Banjo-Kazooie

Final Fantasy Tactics

Xenogears

Future Cop LAPD

I forgot about that game, even though I thought it was marvellous. I gots to look for it and play it again! :o

Starcraft: Brood War

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

Grim Fandango

Half-Life

Baldur's Gate

Fallout 2

Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

Metal Gear Solid

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Shining Force III

Final Fantasy VIII

Tenchu: Stealth Assassins

Worms 2

Thief: The Dark Project

Gran Turismo

Resident Evil 2

Descent: FreeSpace

Body Harvest

Wipeout 64

Quest for Glory V: Dragon Fire

Heart of Darkness

Turok 2

Extreme-G 2

Future Cop LAPD

Moto Racer 2

F-Zero X

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

Banjo-Kazooie

Final Fantasy Tactics

Xenogears

Amen mother******!

People saying that the best time for games is now are crackpots.

ugh, scratch FFVIII from that list and it's golden.

Scratch it off then rewrite it in gold ink.

ugh, scratch FFVIII from that list and it's golden.

You sir have just made my hit list!

*grabs Gunblade and charges at leetpants* :heh:

I really hate that the "ADD generation" reached gaming too. I don't have a PS3 or a PSP, yet I don't even have time (or money) to play all the games I want. There's never a moment where there isn't a game I want to buy (full price or not, but that's another point) for Wii, 360 or DS (hell even PS2 and some GC I have left... and GBA!), yet people hype some games so so much, due to the ridiculously big campaigns and coverage most "big" titles have been getting, they're always disapointed. Games that haven't come out within 3 weeks aren't new and don't count, games that aren't hardcore don't count, games that don't have online don't count, also space marines, etc... There were so many damn good games for every console and of course, personal taste is the defining point, but still, a disappointing year? I can't see how.

100% in agreement mate. I only have a 360 but boy there is more than enough to keep me busy until NEXT christmas. I don't understand how quickly some people play through games and move onto the next hyped up title.

I simply don't have the time nor the money to buy all the titles that have recently been released...heck, I've only just bought GTA4 for £18!:heh:

heck, I've only just bought GTA4 for £18!:heh:

Where from this as i need to do it myself

Where from this as i need to do it myself

Play have it for that price. I've seen the PS3 version scrape under the £15 mark in a few places, although those might have been temporary promotions.

Play have it for that price. I've seen the PS3 version scrape under the £15 mark in a few places, although those might have been temporary promotions.

Ah thanks very much for that :) Will try to direct some friends and family in that direction for a nice little gift.