NEurope
ReZourceman

Rage Against "Could Care Less"

RACCL is a new campaign. This is something a few of us have been hard at work on for almost well over a week, and the tears of our labour are finally coming to fruition.

If you are on my FaceBook then you should have just been invited to join the FaceBook group for it.

It is regarding a phrase that has been skewed through time. You will probably be familiar with the phrase "Couldn't care less". Once upon a time in history, this phrase was adapted - who knows how? But it split off and became "Could care less" to some people, however its intention is to have the same meaning as "Couldn't care less"

This is ridiculous, and is a sickening debasement of the English language.

This subject has been well documented on the internet before, so what sets us apart?

Regular video updates, both serious, and hilarious videos. We are also a campaign. We are not just a conversation piece. We want to change the world. We want to erradicate this. Will we be succesful? We could. Sure. But you know what? We need your help.

Please subscribe to the YouTube group. Get some honours on this beast. I leave with you with some links on the history of this, and a selection (and this is just a few of many) of the fantastic videos already up, from the YouTube account.

Thank you with love.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=38844534894&ref=mf

http://www.worldwidewords.org/qa/qa-ico1.htm

http://incompetech.com/gallimaufry/care_less.html

I've never ever heard this.

Its been in TV, Movies, Games, Comics, Songs. Example of it in a Fall Out Boy song.

I love you and hope women fall at your feet offering fellatio non-stop, and I'm deadly serious

I would have put this down as just general sarcasm.

Now "Would of"...that IS wrong.

One word, fit. :wink:

Its been in TV, Movies, Games, Comics, Songs. Example of it in a Fall Out Boy song.

I'll take your word for it, even the thought of listening to Fall Out Boy sends me into convulsions. To be honest, people who know me understand that I'd garrote anyone who warps the English language in any way I deem unacceptable.

I could care less - Annoying. Made for a nice joke in Sam&Max, though.

Would of... - Awfully annoying. I'm seeing it like this far too much for my liking.

Nice suit Rez!

Seriously though, this has been getting on my tits (for the record I don't have moobs its a figure of speech) a lot recently. As far as I'm concerned "I couldn't care less" is the correct saying.

If you say you could care less you're implying that you care somewhat about it because there's still some caring to be done. [Does this sentence even make sense?!]

Couldn't care less, clearly means that you actually can't care any less than you already do meaning you don't give a shit about it.

I don't get why this phrase is such a problem, lol.

Because Americans are annoying. Especially with their double negatives. I don't dislike them so much.

I don't get why this phrase is such a problem, lol.

I think from one stand point it's to do with American English becoming globally used and known, through either the internet, tv, music and even literature. And that people are picking up the phrases and using them without understanding that the phrases are either wrong or misuses of the language itself.

I think from one stand point it's to do with American English becoming globally used and known, through either the internet, tv, music and even literature. And that people are picking up the phrases and using them without understanding that the phrases are either wrong or misuses of the language itself.

Word.

This is clearly a bit of fun, but we are quite serious about wanting action also. So its partly serious, but with a humourous edge, to make it more managable and indeed enjoyable to watch.

Phils "Appeal" video is genius IMO.

I always hated that, as it literally means the opposite of what you want to convey.

Couldn't for the win!

I've not read this thread in any way shape or form beyond the title, yet I know exactly what it's referring to and you, good sir, are a fucking legend. I wish I could kidney punch everyone who uses this wrong phrase.

(I'm gonna feel silly if this is actually something about the band, who I know very little about)

...it.... makes no sense!!! O_O!!!

if you could care less... then you care a bit, right? you dont NOT care at all because if you didnt care at ALL then you'd obviously say that you could NOT care less... so saying that you COULD care less means that... *AAAARGH!!!!*

...i'ma just stick with "meh..." as a response to everything! :grin:

You care about the debasement of the English language? lulz :p

But seriously, I bastardised the language frequently so I'm not really fussed.

(and if anything the expression "blatantly obvious" should be the first to be striken)

Basically, the fact is there ARE alot of shit sayings already in the language which make no sense. Could care less is still in its retarded infancy, if we take a stand and stamp it out now, then that's one less retarded phrase which will be able to grow into the vernacular!

So come on, do your part, stamp out retardedness today(not literally, that's just un-PC...and mean!).

You care about the debasement of the English language? lulz :p

LOL! Shhh! :heh:

ReZ, I have one word for you... ''thyme''.

Shhhhhhh! :heh:

Basically, the fact is there ARE alot of shit sayings already in the language which make no sense. Could care less is still in its retarded infancy, if we take a stand and stamp it out now, then that's one less retarded phrase which will be able to grow into the vernacular!

So come on, do your part, stamp out retardedness today(not literally, that's just un-PC...and mean!).

Exactly. I'm feelin' it.

Hmmmm.

203 views here.

24 members on Facebook.

And only three more subscribers.

Come on. Fess up folks. Subscribe, It doesn't take two seconds. Here we go.

http://uk.youtube.com/user/RageCouldCareLess

For just two pounds a munf we can stop this fing from happenin'.

You disgust me Rez.

Yeah, its annoying. But you cant always tell if they say "could" or "couldn't" anyway as its a phrase that is said quite quickly, hence why it became shorter in the first place.

Oh and saying this is more improtant than world hunger, aids and whatever else is tactless and not funny in the slightest. You can come up with better jokes, surely.

Oh and saying this is more improtant than world hunger, aids and whatever else is tactless and not funny in the slightest. You can come up with better jokes, surely.

I can sure.