N-Europe

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Dante

August 20 – 23

No Power Weapons

Can you still dominate with the basic tools of UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer? During this weekend of “The Lab†we’ll be running Team Deathmatch but you’ll discover that all power weapons are absent on the selected maps. That means no weapons like the M-32 Hammer, GAU-19, SAS-12, Pistole, and more, will be available for pickup.

That sounds really appealing to me. From what little I have played of Uncharted 2 Multiplayer. Its just been a case of 'who has the biggest gun = Win'. So everyone just runs to the same weapon spawn points.

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished this last night. What a game.

I enjoyed every second of it, it's just sooooo good. The visuals are literally jawdropping, it's just so fantastically wonderful.

If you have a PS3 and not this game, you're crazy. My favourite PS3 games by miles.

Finished this last night. What a game.

I enjoyed every second of it, it's just sooooo good. The visuals are literally jawdropping, it's just so fantastically wonderful.

If you have a PS3 and not this game, you're crazy. My favourite PS3 games by miles.

I agree. Now come online and rest your fears that the multi player can't compete.

--------

Good few games MadDog. You seem to be pretty amazing for a n00b in some ways. I have a feeling you will make a good player.

That sounds really appealing to me. From what little I have played of Uncharted 2 Multiplayer. Its just been a case of 'who has the biggest gun = Win'. So everyone just runs to the same weapon spawn points.

Classic deathmatch game issue. UT and Quake days. Having said that people also go after the guy with these guns as well. Grenade launcher be damned.

From the PlayStation.Blog

New UNCHARTED 2 DLC Coming Next Week

While this may not come as a surprise for some of you – as part of Naughty Dog’s continuing support of our multiplayer community, we’re glad to say we’ve got some new UNCHARTED 2 DLC on the way real soon.

Like, next week soon.

On Wednesday, 18 August, the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Sidekick Skins pack will be available for purchase from PlayStation Store. After the last two sets of multiplayer skins we released, we heard that you wanted more Sully, more Chloe and more Elena (among many, many other things) – and that’s exactly what we put into the pack. Not to neglect the villains team, we also threw in two enemy characters from UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune – Dillon and Mac – who complete the set we started with Blain and Dutch.

4879831805_ebcf2495e6_b.jpg

4879832559_01d5c825a6_b.jpg

4879832799_cdd485fe23_b.jpg

4879833073_a31eaf9741_b.jpg

4879833465_9ec98b2bf4_b.jpg

4879833559_fb6c4e28f0_b.jpg

4879833821_e54a7cd388_b.jpg

4880440882_30fd1135fa_b.jpg

4880441596_610d7ab233_b.jpg

4880443482_abef6cc425_b.jpg

The UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Sidekick Skins Pack includes the following multiplayer characters:

•Heist Chloe

•Borneo Chloe

•Borneo Sullivan

•UDF Sullivan

•Winter Sullivan

•Wetsuit Elena

•Dillon

•Mac

On the same day, we’re also releasing an UNCHARTED 2 Dynamic Theme for your PS3. As you can see from the screenshots and the embedded video below, the Dynamic Theme features a scene from Chapter 15 – Train Wrecked, when a critically injured Nathan Drake is high up in the mountains, stumbling through the snow away from the train wreck he survived to recover the Phurba Dagger

• 2 weeks later...

This is a massive punt and I'm pretty sure it won't be fulfilled, but do you reckon we could get a full N-E party going tonight (i.e. 5 players)?

Say, be on the game and be alert from 9-11pm.

Owners from N-E, even if we haven't played with you much, join us! Maybe we could even get some intense private matches going, say elimination or something?

Potensh players (online IDs)

MattC_64 - me

ReZourceman

Micro_Jon

MadDog91UK

drachcon

Ferine

Matt_RN

Cookyman1970

+moar I've forgotten probably

I presume I'd need the DLC to play with you guys? I haven't downloaded/bought any of it for no real reason other than simply forgetting it was coming out. That and I still don't have a headset yet.

Haven't gone online on this for a long time and I'm kind of getting tired of Bad Company 2 so don't know whether I'd be able to join in or not without the DLC.

Really should play it online again though. After finishing the single player again a week or two ago, I have been contemplating it but really haven't played many games lately. Some good memories of playing Plunder though. Especially on the map set in the monastery (the one with the well) where I would hide in the well, hanging from the top ledge, and then pull unsuspecting players to their death as they walked by :D

I can play.

You're in

Me possibly.

You're in

I presume I'd need the DLC to play with you guys? I haven't downloaded/bought any of it for no real reason other than simply forgetting it was coming out. That and I still don't have a headset yet.

Haven't gone online on this for a long time and I'm kind of getting tired of Bad Company 2 so don't know whether I'd be able to join in or not without the DLC.

Really should play it online again though. After finishing the single player again a week or two ago, I have been contemplating it but really haven't played many games lately. Some good memories of playing Plunder though. Especially on the map set in the monastery (the one with the well) where I would hide in the well, hanging from the top ledge, and then pull unsuspecting players to their death as they walked by :D

You're in, unless you fart around doing shit like that when we need to capture the fucking treasure. :P It's fine, you don't need the DLC (well you kinda need it because it is awesome).

Join us, I'll add you.

I won't be able to tonight I'm afraid. :(

You're a prick.

Rezanald and Matthew, I couldn't help but notice you both require the hard coop trophy, whilst I require the crushing one. I just need Sanctuary, what hard ones do you require. Perhaps we could help each other out or come to a mutually beneficial arrangement.

I can play if you need the numbers. Just give me a month or two to sync LiveData.

You're also in.

Don't be shy, you win. OK?

Rezanald and Matthew, I couldn't help but notice you both require the hard coop trophy, whilst I require the crushing one. I just need Sanctuary, what hard ones do you require. Perhaps we could help each other out or come to a mutually beneficial arrangement.

We'll sort this another time. I require Sanctuary and Village on Hard mode.

Sactuary on crushing is a kent. But yeah we'll make sure everyone has 100%, no questions asked.

Disclaimer - questions probably will have to be asked. But I'll pose them.

Edited by dwarf
Automerged Doublepost

You're also in.

Don't be shy, you win. OK?

We'll sort this another time. I require Sanctuary and Village on Hard mode.

Sactuary on crushing is a kent. But yeah we'll make sure everyone has 100%, no questions asked.

Disclaimer - questions probably will have to be asked. But I'll pose them.

Micro_Cough likes this.

Micro_Cough likes this.

You're getting very chummy all of a sudden :woops:

I like it :yay:

UPDATE

Right, everyone add each other if they haven't from the list -

MattC_64 - me

ReZourceman

Micro_Jon

MadDog91UK

drachcon

Ferine

Matt_RN

Cookyman1970

(+ Ganepark once his ID is known)

Then the target time to get on is 9.45pm (cause it suits me, I need a pizza first)

feel free to hit up before or after, Cooky and Jon have already got the ball rolling.

If we get enough people we'll do some private games (which is epicly amazing as the Man of Cookies will attest). Don't feel pressured to put on your mic or have the dlc.

There's literally 0 pressure to sound cool if you are on headset, seeing as there's no point and it's lols the less formal it is. Very easy to settle in imo.

Be there.

Edited by dwarf