N-Europe

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

Dante

• Replies 985
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the video I can see me playing the game online. The thing is: I don't have the multiplayer packages. How much are they?

£4 odd each. Although £5 is the lowest you can add to your 'wallet', so it'll basically cost you £10 for both.

If you're to buy one, go for the second pack. It's best to have as many maps as you can, but The Highrise and The Museum are both fantastic, so you should definitely get the Siege DLC.

Since playing the game again I've only got one Tripled medal, it takes a lot of luck and a decent amount of skill to pull one off.

£4 odd each. Although £5 is the lowest you can add to your 'wallet', so it'll basically cost you £10 for both.

If £5 is the lowest you can add can't you just add £8 to buy both? I was never too sure on the increments for the store to be honest.

No, it's increments of £5, so you can't just add a specific amount.

I don't know if that actually helps Sony, because whilst it means people usually have to pay more than the PSN game in order to fund the wallet, it probably stops a lot of people buying small games or avatars etc on the Store because they don't want to fund as much.

Yeah in that case it's probably just a money maker. But they really should price things in a way so you can use the funds all up on items, especially since things are typically priced at .99 and thus there's an irredeemable 1p. There was an article slamming Microsoft points about this; I guess it applies here too.

£5 is the minimum spend for adding cash to your account. If you are purchasing something over that amount then you will be charged the exact value, just as Sheikah suggests. However, if you are adding funds to your wallet — i.e. not just paying for something at checkout, adding cash to use some other time — you're only able to add credit in £5 increments.

Historically the reason for minimum spends is to make sure that the seller doesn't lose out due to transaction charges; if someone's using their credit card to pay for 70p of virtual tat in Home, a chunk of that will be required just to cover the bank's fee for processing said transaction, potentially meaning Sony make zero profit.

£5 is the minimum spend for adding cash to your account. If you are purchasing something over that amount then you will be charged the exact value, just as Sheikah suggests. However, if you are adding funds to your wallet — i.e. not just paying for something at checkout, adding cash to use some other time — you're only able to add credit in £5 increments.

Historically the reason for minimum spends is to make sure that the seller doesn't lose out due to transaction charges; if someone's using their credit card to pay for 70p of virtual tat in Home, a chunk of that will be required just to cover the bank's fee for processing said transaction, potentially meaning Sony make zero profit.

Ahh yes that's right. I thought you could pay any amount you wanted provided it was over £5, but clearly that only applies to on the spot purchases rather than adding to wallet. The best bet would be some sort of basket where you add both products and pay instantly (not sure if there is one already), totalling £8 instead of £10.

Yeah, unlike Xbox Live the Store uses a basket system akin to Amazon et al so you can purchase multiple items at once.

To be honest I don't even know if the minimum spend system exists outside the UK. Personally I prefer to buy PSN cards anyway as you can generally save a couple of quid that way; ShopTo are doing digital delivery £20 codes for £17.85, and you can usually find places like Zavvi doing them even cheaper through the use of vouchers and such. Those aren't much use for mainland Europeans, though, unless they're rocking a UK account and import all their games from here.

Send me a text when you lot wanna play. 07769(giggidy) 217203

Or message me on here. But TBH send me a text, as anytime today I will come on and I might not be checking NE all day. Safe yeah, lets get a game in.

Okay how about we all meet at 7PM for a game at 7:15PM. Leave time for stragglers? Sound good.

Obviously add me if you havn't got me. "ReZourceman"

We will own. Err...I mean, we will have loads of fun. :p

Don't think my mic is working that well, can barely hear Rez or Dwarf.

Apologies for my epic failings, only started playing it online yesterday so still trying to get up to speed with all the maps.

• 4 weeks later...
Through July 12 - the day after the World Cup championship - Uncharted 2 players may choose from 16 different World Cup shirts for Drake and Flynn in multiplayer, one for each nation that advanced to the Cup's knockout stage.

Naughty Dog made the skins active last night, calling it a gesture to soccer fans who have taken every opportunity to support their teams in online interactions. "We thought it would be cool to extend that show of fan support within Uncharted 2 multiplayer," the studio wrote.

The catch, however, in order to have all 16 nations represented both in heroes and villains roles, Naughty Dog had to temporarily remove some characters from the selection screen. However, all characters available through paid DLC are still available, the studio says. But that means newly added multiplayer characters Blaine and Dutch will be inactive for the life of this promotion.

If your nation is among the sixteen still standing, chances are you already know this. But even if it's eliminated today, tomorrow, or down the line, you'll still be able to pick it. Here are the multiplayer skins for Uncharted 2 through July 12:

• Uruguay

• Mexico

• Argentina

• South Korea

• United States

• England

• Germany

• Ghana

• Netherlands

• Japan

• Paraguay

• Slovakia

• Brazil

• Portugal

• Spain

• Chile

2010-06-25-Level-Cap.jpg

Along with launching “The Lab†for the weekend this morning, many of you noticed that the level cap has been increased beyond 60 (X). This now makes the maximum level attainable currently in UNCHARTED 2 is now 80 and is designated by an in-game badge which uses the roman numerals XXX.

Each level beyond 60 requires accumulating $15,000,000 in cash to level up and that stays consistent throughout 61 to 80. That means you will need to accumulate a total of $362,965,500 to hit level 80.

If you had already hit level 60 (and hopefully kept playing) – there is some good news for you. With the level cap raise, you’ll automatically be brought up to the level that is appropriate to the total cash you’ve accumulated up to that point. That means you could come back to your profile to a higher level in recognition of all the hard work you’ve been putting in playing UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer, even though you had already hit level 60.

Increasing the maximum level has let us create a couple rewards to the players who have continued to play multiplayer. Hitting level 70 (XX) and level 80 (XXX) will unlock one new villain skin at each of those levels for purchase within the in-game store – Blaine is available at level 70 (XX) and Dutch is available at level 80 (XXX). We’ve also put up screenshots of both skins on our Flickr photostream. You may recognize both characters are mercenary characters from UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune, which we’ve updated to UNCHARTED 2 models and graphical standards specifically for the level cap increase. Blaine and Dutch are completely exclusive rewards to players who gain levels 70 and 80 respectively.

In addition, later today we’ll be increasing the per-match cash cap to $75,000 to make reaching these highest levels just a bit more within reach. We’ve also got plenty of Double Cash weekends planned for the future.

On a side note… as far as rising the level cap without warning – we had originally scheduled to make this change next week and planned to give everyone an ample heads-up about the level cap increase. Unfortunately, due to some miscommunication, that was not the case and the update went out without any warning.

I’m not thrilled that I wasn’t able to communicate this change to our community ahead of time – I know that being surprised by something significant like this doesn’t feel good and can really feel unfair. The bottom line is that you should know as much as you can – and that we’re able to provide – about any game changes or updates before they happen as soon as possible. I’ll be doing all I can to make sure we don’t surprise you again.

4734353978_fcd4947ef8.jpg

Hey, recently got the game and is fantastic so far :) Taking it very slowly through the campaign. Storyline, graphics, controls is great and is very fun to play. Occasionally play online so I don't mind playing sometime with you guys but I'm a bit pants online so bare with me:blush:

I will rape you.

I mean....I will help you rape the other team with me. :)

Chuckle out loud victory at first line due to the magical bluntness and general comment overall really. You're getting thanked boyo.

...It's just the fact that he isn't at all challenging you at all and didn't claim to be any good. LOVE lOVE LOVE ktxb

Edited by dwarf