N-Europe

Foxes

Falcon_BlizZACK

I've seen a few foxes walking the streets near where i live. One of them saw me and started to move towards me until i started to walk forwards then it ran for the hills.

Might be because i live so near fields and woodland where they live is most likely as to why i see them every few weeks or months.

But..why? It can be an utterly cruel "sport". I mean, I don't see how chasing an animal down, and killing it can be considered a sport in this day an age. (For the record, before someone calls me something like "dynasty girl" - I love meat. I also just realised that sounds a little wrong. I'm going to stop typing now..)

I'd agree there. I've got nothing against hunting animals for food, but hunting for sport/fur/ivory/etc. is wrong.

I see a lot of foxes out here, then again there's good reason for them to be here. My whole area is infested with Pheasants!

But..why? It can be an utterly cruel "sport". I mean, I don't see how chasing an animal down, and killing it can be considered a sport in this day an age. (For the record, before someone calls me something like "dynasty girl" - I love meat. I also just realised that sounds a little wrong. I'm going to stop typing now..)

You do realise that thats exactly what foxes do most of the time - foxes quite reguarly kill lambs and chickens not to eat but just for fun, hunts and farmers kill foxes to stop this because theyre livestock and livelihoods are at stake.

I'd agree there. I've got nothing against hunting animals for food, but hunting for sport/fur/ivory/etc. is wrong.

I see a lot of foxes out here, then again there's good reason for them to be here. My whole area is infested with Pheasants!

Pheasant problem + cars = no pheasant problem + dented cars