NEurope

Right now, in the safety and double-glazing of my home, I can hear foxes 'crying' - as I do most nights. We've all seen their numbers increase drastically but why are so many being so attracted to the city these days? Could the ban on Fox Hunting have a link?

Foxes live around my house, I see them infrequently.

There quite scary to see in the daytime. I once turned around to look out the window, and one was staring at me. I got off my chair to look closer, and it had gone.

We've all seen their numbers increase drastically

Have we? Lol. I've only seen one in past like...few years.

Actually that was like....a month ago, so maybe its true.

Carry on kind squire.

I saw one in the middle of the road the other week when I was coming home from work. Bastard just dodged on the on coming car.. Did I say that out loud.. I mean the poor cute little fella almost got run over. >_>

There's loads of the things in the London suburbs. City life obviously suits them as natural scavengers. This is why people in Florida keep finding Alligators in their swimming pool: you build over somethings home, that something still ain't going to shift until it really wants to.

Never seen a fox either. I think all we have around our place is animals like pheasants. And even those we rarely get to see.

LOL... They are so common place around here (SE London), its now more common to see a fox than a cat, seriously. And they make annoying screams like as if a young girl was getting sexually abused. The first time I heard it, I was getting primed for a fight in the hope of playing superhero... Only to see 3 little foxes just pissing about.

And they make annoying screams like as if a young girl was getting sexually abused.

....How do you know what....

....How do you know what....

...:heh:

Hearing 'screams' at 3 in the morning conjures up the most wildest thoughts. *is off the hook*

LOL... They are so common place around here (SE London), its now more common to see a fox than a cat, seriously. And they make annoying screams like as if a young girl was getting sexually abused. The first time I heard it, I was getting primed for a fight in the hope of playing superhero... Only to see 3 little foxes just pissing about.

Haha, it's so true. Over the past 3 days I've seen about 7 foxes, presumably all different. Saw a proper fat'un in my garden the other day, I was amazed as usually they're all scrawny and manky, still scared the fucker away from my garden though, already lost two rabbits to a bastard fox.

I'm in SW london now though, apparently they're quite common here too, my friend usually gets drunk and attempts to catch them from what I hear, he's a strange fellow. Yes friend next to me, I mean you.

(P.S Where in south east you from?)

I did'nt really think they were around City's that much, I've never seen one in Sheff! Wonder if they'll become a pest with the ban, that'd be harsh suddenly encouraging folk to shoot 'em for sport or somethin?!

"Could the ban of fox hunting have a link?"

No. People still hunt, a lot. The ban has hardly done a thing. I still see hunts going on up here in North Yorkshire all the time. I think it's fucking wrong, but the police don't seem to give a toss. I've seen a couple of foxes, they don't bother/scare me in the slightest.

If there's no food for them, they are going to come and scavenge around cities/towns.

"Could the ban of fox hunting have a link?"

No. People still hunt, a lot. The ban has hardly done a thing. I still see hunts going on up here in North Yorkshire all the time. I think it's fucking wrong, but the police don't seem to give a toss. I've seen a couple of foxes, they don't bother/scare me in the slightest.

If there's no food for them, they are going to come and scavenge around cities/towns.

You do realise that most of those hunts would more than likely be drag hunts? In other words they aren't chasing the scent of a fox, rather a scent that has been dragged along the ground beforehand?

I'm not denying that foxes still aren't killed, but not all hunts are actually hunting a fox!

You do realise that most of those hunts would more than likely be drag hunts? In other words they aren't chasing the scent of a fox, rather a scent that has been dragged along the ground beforehand?

I'm not denying that foxes still aren't killed, but not all hunts are actually hunting a fox!

No, they aren't. At least not in this area. It's always over the local papers, about how they are still doing proper fox hunts around here because some of the people think they should be allowed to still.

Oh well, fair play to 'em I say.

But..why? It can be an utterly cruel "sport". I mean, I don't see how chasing an animal down, and killing it can be considered a sport in this day an age. (For the record, before someone calls me something like "dynasty girl" - I love meat. I also just realised that sounds a little wrong. I'm going to stop typing now..)

Right now, in the safety and double-glazing of my home, I can hear foxes 'crying' - as I do most nights. We've all seen their numbers increase drastically but why are so many being so attracted to the city these days? Could the ban on Fox Hunting have a link?

Yeah stopping all of those hunts through the streets of London.