N-Europe

Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection

Cube

I'm sure they'll have save features, they added them to the arcade games. Although IMO, I'd love it if there weren't save features. I think that would make the games last longer and bring back the old nostalgic feel of them. (Although Sonic 3 and 3&K had saves in anyway).

And I'm totally betting on 3&K being in there. It was in the gamecube version, and it wasn't announced/put on the box first.

I'm betting that S3+K will be included with this bundle of games. Thats basically all i played on the GC version, never played 3 or Knuckles separately only together as the bundle. As it should of been released originally, instead of a short 6 level game followed by a 7 or 8 level game soon afterwards with same graphics and style.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you ask me, S&K was an awesome standup game on its own, maybe because it didnt have a save function unlike it's predecessor - which forced constant replays and made the experience last. S3 on the other hand always felt a bit like a not-quite-complete Sonic game.

On Sonic and Knuckles I think I can remember where to find enough giant rings in Mushroom Hill Zone to get all the emeralds in one level :heh:

Is there a blank version of that controller?

I'm also still waiting for mention of Sonic 2/3 & Knuckles and a save feature.

No... but lets face it, Joytech could put a design of pretty much anything on it and it would still be worth buying as it's awesome, it's what many 360 owners have craved for a while now, a controller that has a decent 8-way D-pad for arcade and fighting games, if it helps though you get to choose from Ryu, Ken or Chun-Li. :p

And as for Sonic 2/3 & Knuckles, they will be in there just like they were on the one on the GC, save features will be present too I'm sure as it's necessary for some of the games.

If you ask me, S&K was an awesome standup game on its own, maybe because it didnt have a save function unlike it's predecessor - which forced constant replays and made the experience last. S3 on the other hand always felt a bit like a not-quite-complete Sonic game.

On Sonic and Knuckles I think I can remember where to find enough giant rings in Mushroom Hill Zone to get all the emeralds in one level :heh:

That's because Sonic 3 wasn't a complete game :P

I loved replaying Sonic and Knuckles as well, although I couldn't get all the emeralds until after the second stage, Hydro City.

You know...I've never actually properly played Sonic 3, Sonic & Knuckles or Sonic 3 & Knuckles. I never really got to pick my own games back then.

Hmm knowing that you like Sonic games I find it odd that you haven't played them but never mind if you really haven't then you are in for a treat as playing them both together is an amazing experience. :)

I replayed Sonic and Knuckles last night as Sonic, I got to the final boss and kept dieing :( so I gave up :P I managed to collect 5 emeralds, but I've forgotten where the gold rings are, I used to know where loads of them where.

I forgot how good the music is.

Indeed, in Sonic 3 I seem to remember the stage names for Sonic and Knuckles being in the stage select screen.

Man, S3+K was without a doubt my favourite gaming experience on the mega drive. Nothing comes close.

It's nice to know someone out there feels the same about it :D I just recently completed S3&K on SMC on the gamecube...it was seriously my favourite gaming session over the last 4-5 years.

And to whoever mentioned it, Sonic and Knuckles was a great standalone game, especially because of the lack of saves and the different storylines/final bosses for both characters. Sonic 3 was wicked as a standalone game but was the weakest of the lot i reckon (unless you played it with S&K) simply because you could save it. That said, the levels are absolutely MASSIVE and after Sonic 2, Sonic Team really brought some new ideas to the table. Can anyone remember the Marble Garden boss where Tails carries you and you have to fight off Robotic whilst in mid air? EPIC. I also adore Ice Cap Zone, mainly because it was SO obvious that michael Jackson had been involved with the music in the game before his lawsuit thing (if you listen i think it's the Smooth criminal bass line slightly redone you hear :)).

Btw. If you play Sonic 3&K, once you reach Launch Base Zone (the final level of Sonic 3) you don't get to fight the actual final boss of Sonic 3; the fight stops early if i recall correctly right? Because if i remember rightly the actual boss was just amazing and the music...omg <3

AHH SONIC 3 AND KNUCKLES :D

Btw. If you play Sonic 3&K, once you reach Launch Base Zone (the final level of Sonic 3) you don't get to fight the actual final boss of Sonic 3; the fight stops early if i recall correctly right? Because if i remember rightly the actual boss was just amazing and the music...omg <3

I'm pretty sure the boss doesn't end earlier. I'll check later.

You are correct. You do the first half of the fight in S3+K, but you never do the 2nd half (can't even remember what the second half of the boss was).

Still, heres hoping they include S3+K with this disk

Edit: Just made me think, on XBLA they got Sonic 1 (doesn't work, keeps saying to me unlock full game when i already have done) and Sonic 2 released ages ago but no Sonic 3. And on the VC, they got Sonic 3. Wondering why 3 was never released on XBLA, same goes on both for Knuckles really.

Oh man, this page has just been full of epic childhood nostalgia for me :D So many good memories.

Goron, Ice Cap Zone has one of my childhood's most memorable themes for me. Every time I hear it I get the same tingle I used to get back then. The fight did end early, yeah - you never fight Robotnik in the spiky thing that flies across and grabs you if S+K is locked on!

Also Doomsday Zone also has one of my favourite pieces of gaming music...ever. Loved it to pieces.

Oh man, this page has just been full of epic childhood nostalgia for me :D So many good memories.

Also Doomsday Zone also has one of my favourite pieces of gaming music...ever. Loved it to pieces.

Great memories of a great game i believe, it makes me want to play S3+K, but all i can play atm is Sonic 3 (Virtual Console) and Sonic 2 (XBLA).

Doomsday Zone had great music, cheers for reminding me now it is playing in my head on loop.

Yeah I agree Dyson Ice Cap zone is brilliant! I loved the intro to it to, what with the snowboard :D

Anyone remember the upside down MADNESS that was Death Egg?! God that level was genius and so was the first boss you fought..and then 3 stage boss fight...and then DOOMSDAY! Got that last level is SO tense especially if your ring count is getting below 20 or so...scary as.

Flying Battery Zone Act II; the music is just amazing. I love how you beat the boss and and are thinking 'oh that's it?' and then you have to escape and fight Dr. R again. Oh and Sandopolis Act 2..*shudder*

Don't get me started on Sandopolis...bah. The ghost stuff was pretty intense. But the Doomsday music getting faster as you fell beneath...was it 10 rings? That was one of the most tense moments in gaming up until this very day :heh:

The snowboarding part was fantastic, too. So very pointless except for netting you loads of rings, but it did look good!

Shorty, don't do it. The PC versions have shocking midi recreations of the music that are nowhere near as good as the originals, whereas this should hopefully have the original music from the games.

Remember those hoopy things that took you through parts of the levels in Death Egg? *voopvoopvoopvoopvoopvoop* :D

And who could forget Carnival Night Zone?! With those INFERNAL barrels that often made me run out of time on the second act - the ones you had to jump on with perfect timing to get to fly up, then down, then up again, then down..

*head explodes with memories*

OH, OH! The magical Hidden Palace Zone and fighting with Knuckles! What a moment!

Man I have an urge to dig out my Sonic and Knuckles collection PC game... but I don't want to play it now on my pc and ruin the experience next month :heh: all this talk about Sonic and Knuckles is making me really nostalgic.....

I never picked up that game on the PC, didn't suit the format at the time i think. I should really dig out my old S3+K carts from the attic and the Mega Drive and play such titles again, but i don't remember which part of the attic they are in.