NEurope
triforce_keeper

Christmas gift ideas.....for yourself! (or others..whatever)

id really like a new sword, though i'll get that when i get a job. good hand and a half sword, nice and veritile.

I'm going to ask me dad for a snazzy Chess set, my mum for nice backgammon case, and... I guess money for a nice Go board with stones. Some nice laptop speakers could be a bonus, but I would be seriously over teh moon with any/all of these

I got a nice chess set, nice wooden board with pieces in a nice box. The fact is I've got noone to bloody play it with.

I'll play you sometime. You can teach me to play Backgammon.

My friends got me shotglass chess (I think from The Discovery Store or similar) for my birthday. Seems ideal for you, and I mean that in a good way. Gin chess! We should do it.

My mate back in brighton tried to give me probably the exact same set for my birthday last year. She'd already given me a shitload of other cool stuff so I just couldn't accept it. But yes! I am totally up for gin chess! Question is whether you're ready to get so damn pissed, as I'm awesome at chess. Kinda.

I guess the other question is when are you coming back to sheff!

I got a nice chess set, nice wooden board with pieces in a nice box. The fact is I've got noone to bloody play it with.

I'll play you sometime. You can teach me to play Backgammon.

Sounds like a deal, dude! Backgammon is a good fun game where you don't ever have to think/wait for your opponent to think for five minutes, but still utilises strategy.

My mate back in brighton tried to give me probably the exact same set for my birthday last year. She'd already given me a shitload of other cool stuff so I just couldn't accept it. But yes! I am totally up for gin chess! Question is whether you're ready to get so damn pissed, as I'm awesome at chess. Kinda.

I guess the other question is when are you coming back to sheff!

Soon mon ami. Soon. I've asked this before but is everyone on ship (the ship being the sheff) in January? I have the whole month off and seeing as ive been in this flat alone for a week and nearly gone crazy and imagine a month would be not so good.

And yes, I am ready to get drunk on gin chess. Then we'll have to play gin.......whoring so you get as equally drunk! (or I dunno, gin pictionary or something I may be good at...tend not to play boardgames)

I want an xbox360 for christmas I'll be putting money towards it myself I think this year, which is fine by me ^_^.

Other than that I'm pretty ok with stuff, I'm happy with what I have (the usual), I just would like to have my sister there on christmas day.

The only thing I truly ask for is the above (the sister bit) and christmas dinner, if I never got anything but that, I'd still be happy, because it's the one day of the year dad does all the cooking and it's soooo yummy. So yeah, not alot.

Soon mon ami. Soon. I've asked this before but is everyone on ship (the ship being the sheff) in January? I have the whole month off and seeing as ive been in this flat alone for a week and nearly gone crazy and imagine a month would be not so good.

And yes, I am ready to get drunk on gin chess. Then we'll have to play gin.......whoring so you get as equally drunk! (or I dunno, gin pictionary or something I may be good at...tend not to play boardgames)

If you make january the 6th I'll get someone to kiss you. Seriously.

If you make january the 6th I'll get someone to kiss you. Seriously.

JAMBA!!!!! :grin:!!!

Are you two in cahoots or is that a coincidence?

Anyway. Ya what now seven?

[singing]

Allll I want for Christmasss iss youuuuuuu.

[/singing] : peace:

^ urgh.... you've just reminded me that I heard xmas songs being played yesterday when I was out. How depressing is that? It's the start of November and they're already playing stuff. :shakehead

^ urgh.... you've just reminded me that I heard xmas songs being played yesterday when I was out. How depressing is that? It's the start of November and they're already playing stuff. :shakehead

Ah I dunno. We're a week into November already. In three weeks we'll be starting the ole' advent calanders! :)

CHRISTMAS! :heh:

I mean, I don't get the whole unwrapping stuff on christmas day crap - as long as you get something, does it matter what day?

It's the magic of everyone opening their presents at the same time that makes Christmas what it is. Parents get to see all of their children happy at the same time. It's a time for family to be together.

I'm personally looking forward to Christmas as a chance to relax back home with my family without having to worry about revising for exams in January (going to take a few days off either side of Christmas), being able to lounge around doing very little, seeing all my family, going to visit relatives and just generally having a chance to enjoy myself without any worries about getting up the next morning or having to go to work etc.

Christmas isn't about getting presents for me anymore, it's about having a good time with my family.

But thats what I want :( I don't want other people having what I have *changes idea*

Besides I already have my present, SKI BOOTS! :)

Blu-Rays and games are the only way to go when you have everything media wise that you want.

This Christmas wont be that exciting for me present wise. I'll probably ask for a backpack and a hefty memory card for my camera as me and the missus plan to go travelling at some point next year.

Hmm, probably some fun looking textbooks, maybe guitar hero 3, and maybe some as yet unspecified computer bits. Probably just the textbooks though.

642489m.jpg

Put me on your Christmas list if you're stuck for ideas.

Do you like films?

Do you like TV shows?

Do you like books?

Guess what buddy, a comic book is just a different way of telling a story. Don't do yourself out of one of the greatest stories of all time, just because of the negative connotations associated with comics.

To be fair, I don't think Invincible counts as one of the greatest stories of all time...

Possibly comic-based stories. (Though I've never read any issues of it, It would surely be more hyped up if it were. These things usually are. i.e Watchmen)

It's the magic of everyone opening their presents at the same time that makes Christmas what it is..

WA-HAHAHAHAHA!

9 hours ahead here, bitches!!!! : peace:

Older you get (im 17 now) the less you care about what you get, its more about having fun :)

Last Christmas i enjoyed the day :) Wasn't too fussed with my presents :)

Ooooh great store, ever ordered from there Ash? Looking at a hoody but I dunno if it will be too big on me :/

I did. Super speedy delivery (think I ordered it around 4pm on Thursday and it turned up on Saturday or something) and came with some fun extras. Didn't order for myself but I'd say a small would probably be fine for you (judging by the size of what I ordered I'd say I'd wear a small, and I think we're the same size really). And you can never have a hoody thats too big, its just more comfy :p

Older you get (im 17 now) the less you care about what you get, its more about having fun :)

Last Christmas i enjoyed the day :) Wasn't too fussed with my presents :)

Don't be silly its still all about the presents! Just more about the food now :)

I did. Super speedy delivery (think I ordered it around 4pm on Thursday and it turned up on Saturday or something) and came with some fun extras. Didn't order for myself but I'd say a small would probably be fine for you (judging by the size of what I ordered I'd say I'd wear a small, and I think we're the same size really). And you can never have a hoody thats too big, its just more comfy :p

Alrighty, thanks Ash ^_^

This is the hoody I had in mind:

ms_hiblockhoodie_med.jpg