NEurope

define New super mario bros treatment?

A classic game with 4 player multiplayer is it...? or are ye just talking about a remake

define New super mario bros treatment?

A classic game with 4 player multiplayer is it...? or are ye just talking about a remake

In the style of the original games, but with modern production values, ect.

Uh, I wouldn't say NSMBWii had modern production values to me. Seemed like a pretty cheap game to make to be honest.

In the style of the original games, but with modern production values, ect.

so a remake basically lol.

barely any games should be remade really.

My father emailed me this piece of news from Yahoo earlier today. Maybe I can expect one of these puppies on Christmas morning... :indeed:

Wii Supreme is World’s most expensive console

Thursday December 17, 11:07 AM

What do you buy the gamer who has everything this Christmas? It’s a toughie, but we think we have the ideal suggestion – the Wii Supreme.

This has to be the very last word in unabashed and thoroughly outrageous videogame decadence – Nintendo’s motion-sensing home console manufactured in over 2,500 grams of the shiniest 22carat gold known to man. Not only that, the three fascia buttons are encrusted with 78 0.25carat flawless diamonds.

000000bling_image.jpg?x=200&y=150&q=60&sig=N38EnqjDRvD_Yp9gWXACEw--

This is the work of Stuart Hughes – or 'Goldstriker', as he’s perhaps more famously known. The Liverpool-based jeweller has a global reputation for taking everyday objects and lavishly smothering them with as much high-carat gold, platinum and glittering diamonds as space and good taste allows.

Current big-sellers include diamond-studded Blackberry phones – a snip at £3,995 – and a gold-encased iPod Touch that features 300 tiny WS1 diamonds for a cool £139,995. But rarest and most expensive of all is the iPhone 3GS Supreme, which is laden with 271 grams of 22ct solid gold, 53 flawless diamonds on the back, 63 on the front and a massive 7.1ct dazzler where the button should be. Assuming you ever dare press it, that is. And we doubt you will, given its £1.92 million price tag.

But back to the Wii Supreme which, understandably, is already being dubbed the “World’s most expensive games consoleâ€. Stuart Hughes and his associates spent six months lovingly crafting it and then buffing it to an impossible sheen. Small wonder that the asking price is a not entirely unreasonable £299,995.

Stuarthughes.com has more details if you’re interested. You’d better be quick about it too – the entire production run for this blingiest of bling things is just three, which means you'll be scrapping with Bill Gates, Warren Buffett and the Sultan of Brunei for one!

Yahoo!

Uh, I wouldn't say NSMBWii had modern production values to me. Seemed like a pretty cheap game to make to be honest.

But the original NSMB on the DS did. I thought that was more of what we were talking about.

so a remake basically lol.

barely any games should be remade really.

No, a re-make is the same game with updated production values (Pokemon Fire Red, Leaf Green, Soul Silver, Heart Gold, Metroid Zero Mission, Super Mario All Stars, ect.). This is just in the same style of the older games. Like an all new 2D metroid game, ect.

Okay. So I'm in New York, already bought Excitebots, can anyone think of games that are only out in America that could be wroth a buy? Thinking Sluggers. Silent Hill is out, tempted, but I can wait for UK release. Any others?! Same with DS.

Nintendo World Store is awesome. They have all the amazing Zelda and Metroid figures there. Plus insane amounts of TShirts and merchandise, including an awesome chess set (GET!). Spend about $150 today, and didn't buy any games!!

Also, NSMB is sold out everywhere!!

Nintendo World Store is awesome. They have all the amazing Zelda and Metroid figures there. Plus insane amounts of TShirts and merchandise, including an awesome chess set (GET!). Spend about $150 today, and didn't buy any games!!

Good man! Post some pics of your purchases when you get the time. ;)

dazzybee m8 can u see how much mario sluggers wii is please? i really want a copy if its around the £15-20 mark please let me know and ill paypal or post u the money in a couple of weeks

You know what really bothers me? That no developer on wii can surpass the graphical quality of resident evil 4. Although the game was letterboxed on the gamecube and stretched widescreen, even darkside chronicles couldnt surpass the detail in the character models.

leon_ashley.jpg

Re4 character model (2004)

resident_evil_dark_side_chronicles-.jpg

Re: Darkside chronicles (2009)

If you look at the character model of leon in darkside chronicles you kind of thinking that the face is emotionless, while the re4 model has emotion.

Its true that the texture resolution of darkside chronicles kicks the ass out of re4, but i think thats mainly because of the small gamecube disks.

Do you guys think that there ever will be a game that surpasses the re4 standard? (wii is twice as powerfull as the gamecube).

RE4 was developed by one of Capcom's top teams, wasn't darkside chronicles developed mostly by a budget team?

while its true that darkside chronicles was mainly outsourced. Im truly impressed by the great high res textures and lighting both couldnt be done on the cube,and where absent from re4.

maybe the characters had far less poligones than re4 because you cant see your character 90% of the time.

After seeing darkside chronicles (graphics) im really expecting a re5 port in some way/shape/form(hopefully not onrails because it wouldt fit the game).

But i still prefer a wii exclusive part and much like the code veronica for the dreamcast, But ofcource with re4 wii edition controlls with some tweaks en fixes.

Me and the lads at work were on about the deals Microsoft and Sony are doing on DLC/Arcade games this festive season and it got me wondering how come Nintendo doesn't do these kind of offers with WiiWare/VC games? Nintendo you must be swimming in money so how about you spread a little Christmas cheer and do what the HD twins are doing.

EDIT: Just seen on the main page even Sega are doing some offers for us ( also PSN aswell ). Nintendo, shame on you!

Edited by Hero-of-Time

I dont understand companies like epic....

I'm sure they are the type of company that prefers to push technology to it's limit yet it pulls a stunt like this?

wish they would put their skills and talents towards the wii's strengths rather than the opposite.

Epic has unveil the Unreal engine for the iphone and they said that Wii couldn't handle the engine years ago.

Part of my reason for deleting it was because it was largely pointless and what little point it did has was just mindless flaming. "Ooh look, the Wii can't do this!"

This is the Wii board afterall and there's been enough mindless attacking, taking potshots at any particular convenience. Yes, it has its faults but does it really make things any better to point them out regularly?

Part of my reason for deleting it was because it was largely pointless and what little point it did has was just mindless flaming. "Ooh look, the Wii can't do this!"

This is the Wii board afterall and there's been enough mindless attacking, taking potshots at any particular convenience. Yes, it has its faults but does it really make things any better to point them out regularly?

Not really but its still news. Whats the point in just reporting the good stuff, you need a bit of controversy to liven up the boards. ;)

Because it happens every week or so and just spreads seeds of discontent/others from other boards may drift in and use the ammo.

But really, yes the Wii's graphics aren't all that. How much more can be argued about that?

But really, yes the Wii's graphics aren't all that. How much more can be argued about that?

The Wii's graphics are fine when in the hands of a developer who cares. You just have to look at Monster Hunter 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Red Steel 2, Boy and His Blob. Alot of the time its down to the art direction they decide to use aswell.

See we can go on about this for months.:p But yeah I do see your point, Ash.

Gameplay January Sale

Another Code R £10.98

Let's Tap £5.98

The Conduit £9.98

Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 £4.98

Tenchu Shadow Assasins £6.98

Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars Directors Cut £11.98

Mushroom Men The Spore Wars £5.98

Cursed Mountain £9.98

Edited by welsh_gamer