N-Europe

You know they're Saturn games port with added Wii features like online leaderboards for worldwide ranking and Wii Remote rumble complete the experience.

Did you moan about House of The Dead 2 & 3 returns?

Yes I did thanks... and I think they're probably arcade ports, hence the 'arcade' in the title.

This looks like utter crap and is a series no one's even fussed about, it's just the cheapest, cash-in possible.

But I take it you'll be buying this game will you?

screenshot_29598.jpg

Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto has explained why an outlandish controller nicknamed 'cheddar cheese' by Nintendo designers never made it into the light of day.

In a new book, Nintendo Magic: Winning The Video Game Wars, author Osamu Inoue tells of how Miyamoto was less than impressed with the controller, designed as a prototype to work with the Wii.

"No one liked that one," Miyamoto recalls of the design in the book. It was a disc-like controller with a large, star-shaped button in the centre and three buttons surrounding it. It used accelerometers to allow it to be tilted back and forth and to each side. Oh, and it was orange, hence the cheesy mickey-taking.

Inoue reveals that Miyamoto and his team met with game developers within Nintendo twice a month to gauge their opinions. The star controller, it was felt, wouldn't work because 'it was totally unsuited to traditional games like Mario and Zelda.'

New title announced via ESRB rating:

My Fireplace

Platform: Wii

Rating: Everyone

Content descriptors: No Descriptors

Rating summary: This is a simulation game in which players can tend to a virtual fireplace. Players can add logs to the fire, add decorations to the mantle, and pump air into the fireplace to keep the flames burning.

YES! Can't wait!

New title announced via ESRB rating:

My Fireplace

Platform: Wii

Rating: Everyone

Content descriptors: No Descriptors

Rating summary: This is a simulation game in which players can tend to a virtual fireplace. Players can add logs to the fire, add decorations to the mantle, and pump air into the fireplace to keep the flames burning.

YES! Can't wait!

This sounds nearly as fun as My Aquarium on Wiiware! I'm hoping this has Motion Plus support!

something got me thinking about the next console from nintendo. Wouldnt it be obvious to make it atleast more powerfull than the x360 is now?

360 is out sinse 2005, if nintendo would release a next gen console by 2011/2012. Than it would be strange if nintendo atleast make the Wii2 almost/as powerfull as the ps3 is now?

something got me thinking about the next console from nintendo. Wouldnt it be obvious to make it atleast more powerfull than the x360 is now?

360 is out sinse 2005, if nintendo would release a next gen console by 2011/2012. Than it would be strange if nintendo atleast make the Wii2 almost/as powerfull as the ps3 is now?

Apparently the 360 costs less to produce now than the Wii sold for originally. My guess is, by the time they release a new console (and I'd imagine it will happen in 2012) they should be able to produce something significantly more powerful and be able to make a decent profit if they raise the launch price to around $350 (USD).

Apparently the 360 costs less to produce now than the Wii sold for originally. My guess is, by the time they release a new console (and I'd imagine it will happen in 2012) they should be able to produce something significantly more powerful and be able to make a decent profit if they raise the launch price to around $350 (USD).

of you think about it, nintendo lost allot of multiplatform titles like bioshock and re5 because of the weak hardware the wii has. Really hope that it will be on par with the next xbox and ps4.

of you think about it, nintendo lost allot of multiplatform titles like bioshock and re5 because of the weak hardware the wii has. Really hope that it will be on par with the next xbox and ps4.

But Nintendo earned a huge market share, reaping in massive profits without them. They really lost nothing by having none of that software.

I've been playing some Brawl today. I turned the game on, played for two minutes and the jumping still pisses me off. I just can't seem to do it with the Wiimote and Nunchuk. It's because you jump using your right hand on the Gamecube (pressing the x or y buttons) whereas its C on the Wii's nunchuk.

So, I dug out my Wavebird and have been using that. My brain seems to work better using the Wavebird for this.

Also, my Wavebird was in a bit of a mess, so I cleaned it using some kind of Mr Muscle Kitchen Spray, Cotton Buds and an Old Toothbrush. Looks better than when I bought it new now! :D

But Nintendo earned a huge market share, reaping in massive profits without them. They really lost nothing by having none of that software.

while thats true, i think that missing titles like bioshock and main resident evil titles will hurt them in the long run.

without those titles the wii(or wii2) could never fill the desire for a core gamer. As it stands now the wii is the perfect second console, but it couldt be your only console if your a core gamer. Your missing to much to not own a 360 or ps3 next to your wii. Last gen 80% of the multiplat. titles where also on the gamecube, and now that development cost has risen there more multi plat games(360/ps3) than last gen.

3rd parties want to develop for the wii, but its mainly spinoffs or casual junk because they cant port a game like bioshock over to the wii in its current form(its like making a totally new game). And because of the 3rd party trackrecord you dont see much of those titles(except resident evil because it sells well).

Edited by marcel

while thats true, i think that missing titles like bioshock and main resident evil titles will hurt them in the long run.

without those titles the wii(or wii2) could never fill the desire for a core gamer. As it stands now the wii is the perfect second console, but it couldt be your only console if your a core gamer. Your missing to much to not own a 360 or ps3 next to your wii. Last gen 80% of the multiplat. titles where also on the gamecube, and now that development cost has risen there more multi plat games(360/ps3) than last gen.

3rd parties want to develop for the wii, but its mainly spinoffs or casual junk because they cant port a game like bioshock over to the wii in its current form(its like making a totally new game). And because of the 3rd party trackrecord you dont see much of those titles(except resident evil because it sells well).

Do you have a source or some stats for that?

I seem to remember quite a few games being PS2/Xbox only. Without a Cube version.

I seem to remember quite a few games being PS2/Xbox only. Without a Cube version.

I read it somewhere a view years back, but its definably much more than it is on the Wii. The Wii has more exclusive(mostly spin-offs or new) games, but you cant compare resident evil 5 to resident evil umbrella & darkside chronicles or dead space 1 to dead space extraction. they are good games in general but 360/ps3 mostly get the good side of the stick.

Not to be a graphic whore but if you look at a game like dead rising on the 360(game was not about graphics) with the thousends of zombies being butchered in the wii version with 15 enemies on screen at once.

I think most games on 360/ps3 if the developer desided to port it to the wii they need to butcher the game so the wii can handle it. Although nintendo impress me with what they can get out of the wii(mario galaxy).

80% seems way to high to be correct. Star Wars: Republic Commando, The Suffering, Mercenaries, Just Cause, Max Payne, Silent Hill 2/4, Broken Sword and GTA just off the top of my head.

Also, a lot of sequels to multi-format games that originally were on Gamecube were never released for it. Burnout, Dead to Rights, Mortal Kombat, Rainbow Six.

And on top of that being in a PAL territory we were robbed from I-Ninja, Auto Modellista and Alien Hominid.

Developers can say what they want about not releasing a Wii version of their game because the console is not powerful enough. If it had the power they needed to run the game they wouldn't bother with it anyway. The 'logic' is that grandparents and their 3-year old grandchildren aren't interested in Bioshock.

Because the userbase that Nintendo has had since the NES of gamers who post on boards such as these are clearly non-existent. Obviously.

I read it somewhere a view years back, but its definably much more than it is on the Wii. The Wii has more exclusive(mostly spin-offs or new) games, but you cant compare resident evil 5 to resident evil umbrella & darkside chronicles or dead space 1 to dead space extraction. they are good games in general but 360/ps3 mostly get the good side of the stick.

Not to be a graphic whore but if you look at a game like dead rising on the 360(game was not about graphics) with the thousends of zombies being butchered in the wii version with 15 enemies on screen at once.

I think most games on 360/ps3 if the developer desided to port it to the wii they need to butcher the game so the wii can handle it. Although nintendo impress me with what they can get out of the wii(mario galaxy).

No one can say for definite what the new hardware will be like. Ideally, you'll want a good system so that you can get the cross-platform games and still get the exclusives.

Thing is, Nintendo gamers have never really had it amazing in terms of multiplatform games. The N64 alienated quite a lot of third parties. The Cube improved things on that front, and I think the Wii is around about the same. Having third parties give you exclusive games is not a bad thing. Look at No More Heroes. A good example of a quality third party title, and the sequel looks to be better. At the same time, yeah, we didn't get Re5 whereas it appeared on both the PS3 and 360. Wasn't there a quote from Capcom quite a while back where they claimed that they could potentially make a version of 5 for the Wii? It would require re-working. I think it depends on the individual game whether or not it requires a complete "butchering" or not, though.

I think games like Monster Hunter and Galaxy show what the Wii is capable of. At the moment, given the direction that Capcom have gone with Resident Evil (down the action shooter route - which apparantly they will also be taking Dead Space down now...) I can't say I'm slitting my wrists over the lack of Resident Evil 5.