N-Europe

Lost Series 5

Dante

Yaar, would add up considering the black smoke, when it took the form of Alex, told Ben to help Locke in everything no matter what.

Although that said, fake Locke did seem surprised to hear Ben tell him about Alex saying that...

Yeah but he was also faking not knowing where Jacob was so its possible he did already know about Alex

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but he was also faking not knowing where Jacob was so its possible he did already know about Alex

Yeah exactly. Makes it all very interesting doesn't it! Looks like the whole Ben vs Whidmore thing is of virtually no importance compared to the Jacob vs his enemy thing.

My guess is that Jacob isn't dead at all and he's basically pulled one over on his enemy again...I really don't think he'd let himself get stabbed so easily. And then there's the question of why he went through the effort of bringing kate, Sawyer etc to the island...are we sure it was them who he was referring to when he said 'They're coming'?

Also, i've actually stumbled across a theory on the lost forums that Juliet may actually be the smoke monster and is somehow related to all this. The main reasons why people thought this was because:

1. When she fell down that massive hole she was covered in chains...whenever we've seen the smoke monster there's always been chains for some kind.

2. In 1977, we hadn't seen the smoke monster once. Did he exist at this point? Because if Jacobs enemy was the smoke monster surely he'd still be about..

3. Apparantly there was a sound made when juliet was at the bottom on the pit that sounded like a sound the smoke monster made. I'm skeptical about this one so will wait until i can find the scene on youtube, but it's interesting.

Interesting point aswell; Jacob never touched Juliet as she grew up.

Im still holding out a very slim hope that Juliet survives, even though I know she probably wont.

I think Sayid will though, it just feels like they held is dieing from the bullet wound a bit too long in the episode for him to just die in the next season opener.

Yeah exactly. Makes it all very interesting doesn't it! Looks like the whole Ben vs Whidmore thing is of virtually no importance compared to the Jacob vs his enemy thing.

My guess is that Jacob isn't dead at all and he's basically pulled one over on his enemy again...I really don't think he'd let himself get stabbed so easily. And then there's the question of why he went through the effort of bringing kate, Sawyer etc to the island...are we sure it was them who he was referring to when he said 'They're coming'?

Also, i've actually stumbled across a theory on the lost forums that Juliet may actually be the smoke monster and is somehow related to all this. The main reasons why people thought this was because:

1. When she fell down that massive hole she was covered in chains...whenever we've seen the smoke monster there's always been chains for some kind.

2. In 1977, we hadn't seen the smoke monster once. Did he exist at this point? Because if Jacobs enemy was the smoke monster surely he'd still be about..

3. Apparantly there was a sound made when juliet was at the bottom on the pit that sounded like a sound the smoke monster made. I'm skeptical about this one so will wait until i can find the scene on youtube, but it's interesting.

Interesting point as well; Jacob never touched Juliet as she grew up.

Aye, but then that's probably just because he only touched (or was shown touching) members of the oceanic six. Not a bad theory though, altough it would ruin the potential idea of the Black Smoke monster being Jocob's enemy...

The idea of the Black Smoke Monster being made as a result of the explosion and stuff is nice though, and I just looked back, kinda smilar sounds yeah.

Ahh the more I think about it the more I realise I love Lost again

I think the fact that the Black Smoke comes from the temple would indicate that its a lot older than just the 70s but you never know I guess.

Also true. Although the nature in which Juliet was pulled down into the hole, dragged down by chains, is pretty similar to whoever it was in season one, and the French person earlier this season... combined with the similar sounds, it's surely a clue.

In other news, possible theory... if we assume Jacob can take the shape of anyone dead on the island, then has he been Christian Shepeard all the times he's been seen on island? And thus, is he who we assumed to be Jacob in his cabin?

Are we positive that the H-bomb actually went off? All we saw was a white flash, it could be anything.

Loved this season, season 2 and 3 made me stop watching. I'm glad i picked it up again.

It's really time they started to kill off one of the main characters, though. Jack, Kate or Sawyer aren't vital to the main storyline aside from 'star power'. It's too bad that the writers think they can cut out newer characters such as Daniel, Juliet or the Australian lady when they still had so much story to tell about them. Here's hoping Miles (with Hurley) get a good part of the main arc.

Im pretty sure the bomb went off, I dont think it made sense otherwise that something would happen just as Juliet is hitting it. Plus we did hear a bang as everything cut to white.

I dont want them to kill off anymore to be honest, weve lost a lot of characters on this show and I want as many as possible to be around when it all ends.

Also true. Although the nature in which Juliet was pulled down into the hole, dragged down by chains, is pretty similar to whoever it was in season one, and the French person earlier this season... combined with the similar sounds, it's surely a clue.

In other news, possible theory... if we assume Jacob can take the shape of anyone dead on the island, then has he been Christian Shepeard all the times he's been seen on island? And thus, is he who we assumed to be Jacob in his cabin?

I dunno I kinda think Christian was just Jacob's enemy too. From what we've seen over the past few seasons, everytime someone dies on the Island and isn't buried (Jack's dad who was on the plane, Loche, that girl chick), Jacob's enemy has been able to use their body and a mode of getting around. This would explain why the others are so keen to bury people once they die (because they are taking orders from jacob, and he wouldn't want his enemy to be on the island).

I think it's the opposite for Jacob; he can't take on the shape of people on the island. He can however bring people back from the brink of death;when Sayid shoots Ben as a child, he takes him to Richard who surely takes him to Jacob to heal (kind of poetic in a sense; Jacob healed Ben and Ben isn't even aware of it, and then he goes on to kill Jacob years into the future).

Here's an interesting point that i just thought up: Jacob's enemy is shown on the island with Jacob sometime in the 1800's when the giant statue was standing tall. However, he's now taking on other peoples shapes to get around. Does this mean he is dead? and if so who killed him ::shrug: Because if the 'loophole' applied to Jacob surely it also applied to him?

Here's an interesting point that i just thought up: Jacob's enemy is shown on the island with Jacob sometime in the 1800's when the giant statue was standing tall. However, he's now taking on other peoples shapes to get around. Does this mean he is dead? and if so who killed him ::shrug: Because if the 'loophole' applied to Jacob surely it also applied to him?

I think we'll learn more about that next season when this line is explained:

"You dont know how much ive gone through to be here"

I think we'll learn more about that next season when this line is explained:

"You dont know how much ive gone through to be here"

Well that's already explained really, what with the whole getting Loche to kill himself in order to get the others back. To think the last 2 seasons have just been Jacob's enemy completely controlling everything...Love it.

Well that's already explained really, what with the whole getting Loche to kill himself in order to get the others back. To think the last 2 seasons have just been Jacob's enemy completely controlling everything...Love it.

I think theres a lot more behind the line that just getting Locke to die and im looking forward to finding out what it is

Each time I enter this thread and try and surmise my theories, or answer someone elses questions, or pose one of my own, I realise that this season of Lost is so damn awesome simply because it has blown its own mythos wide open - anything seems to be possible now... like... anything!

Blargle.

Each time I enter this thread and try and surmise my theories, or answer someone elses questions, or pose one of my own, I realise that this season of Lost is so damn awesome simply because it has blown its own mythos wide open - anything seems to be possible now... like... anything!

Blargle.

haha :)

Well post what you think, it's good to discuss! We've got to find a way of passing time until January '10!

Ok :P Well, the losties 'fixing the future' has only really been followed up to the 'incident', and teh 'present' that Sun and Frank return to the island in, and Faux-Locke killing Jacob may not be the present that we are now leading to. jacob dying isn't concrete as it depends on what happens to the losties at the bomb site after teh bomb goes off (if they go back to when the island first started skipping about then they have 3 years 'til faux-locke kills Jacob)... So... yeah. Jacob might not yet die, or maybe he too is a form that possesses dead people.

I'm still mostly interested in the boat off the shore, presumably the Black Rock, and the true origins of 'the others'. The shadow monster thing doesn't interest me because there's no real way of extrapolating the true nature of that at all. I'd rather just sit back and enjoy it unfold.

As a series finale, as I said before, it wasn't really all that epic because we had no real way of predicting any of it at all. In this sense, Lost's season premieres tend to be stronger in setting a tone, so i think the next premiere will blow us away more than this finale... and... yeah. Stuff!

Spoilers ahead, but you should know that anyway...!

Haven't read everything yet thats been posted since the season finale... imo, it looks like a religious tussle of sorts between Jacob (who seems a bit Christ-like) and his Satanesque chum. Seems like a good way to boil it down. Kind of works with the way that Ben had to stab Jacob rather than Locke/ The Evil One seeing as it was man who crucified Christ rather than the devils own hands. Also, Jacob said "what about you?" to Ben just before he stabbed him, it went against Jacob's seemingly caring nature, but he probably knew his stabbing had to happen so he didn't talk Ben out of it.

I don't think Sayid or Juliette are dead (well I hope they ain't) but seeing as the nuke went off they are all dead anyway. :heh: We will see how it winds up in the final season. Jacob said something like "they are almost here" or "they are coming soon" when he was stabbed, so that could be referring to Jack & co from the 70's or just the ones outside who showed up with Locke's corpse. We shall see!

There's so much to debate. Lost rocks.

• 5 months later...

Ok so major bumpage...For the first time in like 4 years I am finally up to date on Lost after I finished watching the Series 5 boxset and WOW! I binged on Lost earlier in the year and the release of the boxset finally meant I could finish...

One thing when I was watching is that I didn't really put much importance on what was happening in the present day, was far more interested in the past. Although now it seems the Jacob stuff is far more important, although I did see Locke being actually dead way before it was. When Jacob said their coming did he mean the guys in the past? Did the atom bomb cause The Incident? (perhaps not as stuff was going mental before then) and Juliette as the smoke monster rumours wtf?!!!

EDIT:

BTW have people read about the crossover with desperate housewives all I can say if WTF means I have to watch that trash!

An Oceanic Airlines flight featured in the series Lost may crash into Wisteria Lane on Desperate Housewives.

Housewives creator Marc Cherry recently revealed details of an upcoming cliffhanger involving a plane crash in the first half of the current season.

A source has now told E! that the aircraft is likely to end up being a fictional Oceanic Airliner from Lost.

The plot crossover has not yet been finalised, though the insider added that network executives are keen on the idea due to the series of promotional spots with casts from different ABC programmes.

"Everyone loved how well those 'ABC House' promos did last year," they explained. "We're looking at ways to find more fun crossovers between shows, and so the idea came up to have the Desperate Housewives plane be Oceanic."

Cherry previously developed a succession of Sprint advertisements, which were inspired by the soap opera tone of Desperate Housewives.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s21/desperatehousewives/news/a182214/desperate-housewives-for-lost-crossover.html?rss

Edited by flameboy