N-Europe

Lost Series 5

Dante

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rewatching season 3. Desmond episode where he gets fired from the Priory. On the desk of the head monk there is a dodgy photo of him and Eloise Hawking. The guy who did the manipulation should be fired.

I was mainly watching season 3 again for Richard Alpert. I don't think he fits with season 5 Richard. He doesn't seem to be as intrested in John and follows orders from Ben. Locke time travels to '54 and is technically younger in season 3, plus even on a one-to-one about killing his dad there is no hint at all even in his body language. In season 4 there was the business about visiting a young Locke and trying to get him to come to the island on a 'science camp'. It makes me wonder even in season 3 if the writers knew what was going to happen in season 4 and 5.

Doing some reading and Radzinski who is designing the swan actually spent time in it with Desmonds partner, Kelvin. Radzinski draws the writings on the walls and kills himself at the Swan. They are survivors of the purge, most likely oblivious to the fact that everyone is dead.... but Radzinski was well known in the DI group and the actor claims that he was second in command.

Edited by Chuck

This post is a rambling scrunching of non-sequitor thoughts.

I've never been a fan of Kate's 'story', and this episode didn't really change that. It was mostly filler between Linus getting shot and then getting taken to the temple, then seeing Locke. We've not seen Locke for ages so it was supposedly powerful - but I can't remember where we last saw old Ben -- Was it when Sun knocked him out?

In a way, this season has gone back to season 2 quality, in the sense that the pacing corrupts the actual action that IS going on. Sure, they have time travel to counteract any argument about this... But what ABOUT Sun? How's she doing? Why did we take so long to get back to Locke? Where'd sayid go? Where IS claire? What about the other, new crashed 'survivors' in our actual present? What the blinking heck is faraday up to, and where's Alfonso or whatever that Doctor's name is -- he was on the island when Kate and co arrived but where is he?

Lost is always about teh questions, I won't deny that, but season 4 and the first 9 eps of season 5 at least answered a lot of older questions. I still love the show, so perhaps it was just because we've had two 'filler' stories in a row - sayid then kate. The Hurley stories are comical at least, and the sawyer ones have drive, but really we're after Locke/Ben/Jack -- That's the crux of this island mystery. I do think Jack'll get another 'calling' to be a leader again at some point, and I still think the two skeletons that were found in the caves with the alchemist's stones will be important... What I love about the show is how Alpert hasn't ever really seemed like a main character - I do wonder at what point the creators decided to have him as a focal point.

Did some dude say to him something about Charles? Charles Widmore? Did I mishear that? It was as young ben linus was being handed over.

Ok I think that about covers my nonsense.

Did some dude say to him something about Charles? Charles Widmore? Did I mishear that? It was as young ben linus was being handed over.

Man with beard has concerns about Richard taking Ben without asking Eli (Eloise Hawking?) and what would happen if Charles (Widmore?) found out that Richard took him. Richard tells him he doesn't answer to either of them.

Thank you very much, Chuck :) Eloise was in season 3 wasn't she? Actually on the island? Or is that just my imagination? Charles has always fortified his views of the island being 'his'... I love the idea of him somehow being the good guy in all of this. Now that there's no more time-tripping, I guess we won't see any more young Widmore/Eloise, which could provide some answers.

At one point I thought "ooh -- maybe the ben we know isn't the same ben at all.." but it's clear that instead Lost is going to treat the shooting as the thing that made the kid mentalcrazy. I'm never a fan of amnesia, either, so they best answer that with dignity.

I think Alpert is rapidly growing to be my favourite character, too.

Thank you very much, Chuck :) Eloise was in season 3 wasn't she? Actually on the island? Or is that just my imagination? Charles has always fortified his views of the island being 'his'... I love the idea of him somehow being the good guy in all of this. Now that there's no more time-tripping, I guess we won't see any more young Widmore/Eloise, which could provide some answers.

Eloise has first appear in series 5 Jughead.

At one point I thought "ooh -- maybe the ben we know isn't the same ben at all.." but it's clear that instead Lost is going to treat the shooting as the thing that made the kid mentalcrazy. I'm never a fan of amnesia, either, so they best answer that with dignity.

I think Alpert is rapidly growing to be my favourite character, too.

What has happened to Ben must be same that happened to the french people that went underground behind the temple.

Episode 5.12 - Dead Is Dead Preview!

Edited by Dante

Eloise has first appear in series 5 Jughead.

Nope, season 3, Flashes Before Your Eyes. She was the lady that sold Desmond Penny's engagement ring, and told him about not being able to change the course of time.

I guess next episode is going to be amazing. We are going to find out why Ben was injured before he got on the plane aswell.

I think there is another time travelling problem in that episode. I think I see Danielle.

Yeah it was an answering episode for sure. Told us what Sawyer said, what happened with his kid, what happened to Aaron, why Kate decided to go back.

Hurley as always is awesome! Not sure about the excuse of "he will forget this ever happened" for explaining Ben's lack of memory with Sayid, but I did like the way they had Hurley trump Miles' explanation and then get rid of that trump in the same episode, to basically say "Miles' reasoning is correct".

:bouncy: Amazing episode this week! This is just what I was hoping last week's episode was leading up to. Best episode of the season so far. Can't believe we have another two weeks until the next one! :cry:

We don't luckily :) We get one next week and then there's the week gap :)

Edited by Serebii