Far Cry 2

Daft

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why isn't there a Fallout 3 thread?

Just fixed that. :heh:

Personally I'm not that impressed by Resistance 2 so far although the beta might change that.

I've never played the first Far Cry. Is this a direct sequel? Do I have to have played the first?

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=264329

Eurogamer gave it 8/10. The review reads worse tbh. I'm going to rent it.

its top of my xmas list, all the reviews ive seen have been great, and i really am all about the the open ended atm.

not sure who reviewed the game, but it got 9/10 on gamesradar.

ps3 for me, very excited. i want desperate battles involving guns that pack in, cars the break down and machettes to the face of my enemys. im also excited about far cry 2.

This isn't a sequel, Daft.

I'd recommend you take a crack at the original though. The first few levels at least. Some really great game there. Just...goes to shit later on.

Good good. I'll see if I can nab a copy of the first one but there are just way too many games flying around at the moment tbh.

The original Far Cry was made Crytek who went on to make Crysis. This is by Ubisoft. They also made Far Cry Instincts.

leave ubi soft alone, they have realeased some utterly awsome games.

granted, they realease some shite, but given the good reviews, and geberal high opinions of far cry 2, it seems this fits snuggly into the former catagory.

leave ubi soft alone, they have realeased some utterly awsome games.

granted, they realease some shite, but given the good reviews, and geberal high opinions of far cry 2, it seems this fits snuggly into the former catagory.

Ubisoft are great but opinions of Far Cry 2 are not exactly positive right now.

Well i do get the impression Ubisoft spend more time on presentation than the actual game.

People are not impressed with the gameplay of FC2 though.

total opposite impression to what ive been reading. very interesting. i had read that the start seems very harsh buts teaching the open ended nature. perhaps people who got a bad impression were using a different play style? i guess when somthings so open theres a good way and a bad way to do it. look at hitman 2, you could just kill everything with eyes, or could stalk your pray quietly. i guess this may be a similar case.

Apparently the fps mechanics are quite weak and the game just is not fun. People are saying too much time to travel(checkpoints to stop at). Baddies take ages to die if no headshot. Guns are badly imbalanced, lots of area to play in but little gameplay. Supposedly Stalker is far far better.

well, its current meta critic score is 87 for critics, 8.7 for reviewers, so i'm going to assume its a very good game.

plus, edge gave it an 8 and i tend to agree with most of what they say.

Make your own opinion. Alot of games that review well are not necessarily any good.