N-Europe

Halo 3 ODST: Fall 2009

Dyson

Finally! Details! On a Bungie Halo title! The Halo 3 singleplayer expansion - first revealed in a trailer a few weeks back - now has a setting and a rough release date. The expansion will serve as a prequel to the events of Halo 3, with the player taking the role of a UNSC recon soldier, who is our "new hero" for a "new campaign". The expansion will be out in "Fall 2009", with screenshots and video expected sometime soon.

http://kotaku.com/5060880/halo-3-expansion-hits-fall-2009

Awesome, I loved the campaign in Halo 3. Looking forward to this, I wonder if they'll expand on the multiplayer?

Edit: Here's the trailer shown during the keynote. I love it, looks beautiful though it's obviously not in-game.

http://www.bungie.net/News/content.aspx?type=topnews&link=ournextgame

Hmm it must be a pretty big expansion if it has to go on disc and not DLC... maybe it will use the Halo 3 disc in some way what with the ability to rip games to HDD coming in about a month now, or maybe the single player story will be completely standalone but will come with files that enhance Halo 3's existing multiplayer?

Either way it should be good when it's finished, and seconded on the jaggies, they should invest extra time ironing them out as they really should be minimal to non-existent in this day and age. :/

Oh for fuck's suck a CGI trailer? Ugh. It's cool though ^^

I'm pumped, I really like Halo3 campaign and I don't really play online that much as I never see anyone from n-e online and I dislike playing FPS "competitvely" with analog, so I can't wait \o\ No flood please

So it's going to be out in a year? They could have announced it at E3 in that case...

Bungie are the masters of viral marketing and hype. It's a fucking annoying, insistant and self-indulgent style of marketing, but it gets the right people fapping. So they've probably pulled a master stroke by announcing it now.

Bungie are the masters of viral marketing and hype. It's a fucking annoying, insistant and self-indulgent style of marketing, but it gets the right people fapping. So they've probably pulled a master stroke by announcing it now.

The only thing that "annoys" me (it doesn't really) is that this "keep it clean" viral marketing always gave me the impression they were working on something new, when it's Halo after all. Or maybe it was something new, but they got pulled in :P

• 1 month later...
It suprised me that this wasn't DLC to be honest! We shall see.. *rubs hands*.

On disk they can push it as a big Christmas title for 2009. It also means they don't have to worry about getting copies of Halo 3 back in to people's hands 2 years after release. I was quite suprised as well, but when i thought about it it started to seem like a sensible move.