Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Costumes

Strider

I was planning to make it myself. As well as the Mario one I was going to make previously... But I couldn't find some dungaree's nearby, even though there were some costumes on Ebay also, hand made and shit. But I wasn't sure because they said you may get second hand clothes, based on the size you needed.

As for Ghostbusters: I also tried looking for a jump suit, I recommend trying some form of army store [i was going to do so for a Top Gun inspired costume] I know it'd probably be a bit dark, but they wear darker ones in the sequel. I'd put that at about a tenner on the whole.

Then you've gotta make the proton pack. I've seen a shitload of instruction websites. The best I found was this:

http://www.gbfans.com/equipment/plans/sean-bishop/

The only one which didn't ejaculate over LEDs and stuff. I did consider making it from card, but the way they were mentioning smoothing things to make it seem like one piece, I couldn't be arsed. A proton pack to inflate instead.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't decided on whether to go to any hallowe'en parties this year or not. I haven't looked to see whats on. If I do go, I may go as the infamous Fruitf**ker but noone will get where I'm coming from. Need to have a big think about it. Need to come up with something original compared with the hundreds of Jokers there'll be this year.

My current plan (as devised by my brilliant house mate) is to attend my work's christmas party this year dressed as Duke Nukem. Trying to hit the old weights lately and get somewhat "cut". Of course, I'm not even a 1/5 of the size of the Duke and I've been doing weight training for over 2 years now!

Girls have much better choice. A colleague a work went out dressed as Leeloo from The Fifth Element...

leeloo_fifth_element.jpg

It was hot. If i had the body id try and do Kratos. But i dont :p

Jack Sparrow was the cool thing but its been done to death now. The Joker will be everywhere which sucks, so you're left with trying to find characters that arn't so popular but still look awesome.

I once went as a Ghostbuster when i was younger, was the only one to go as a human to a party. Everyone else went as zombies, ghosts, werewolves etc. Was fun.

Not going to any parties this year i don't think, but always i look out for funky costumes people wear.

I think a friend of mine is gonna have one, but my other friend said it has to be in Novemberm since he's in Florida over Hallowe'en, lol.

But the joke is that you get an invitation, and what you have to come as on it. Feels arguably funnier than normal.

So they decide what everyone wears? Sounds suss.

Well, what they "come as". So I think it'd be like, I get an invite saying "You have to come as a vampire."

Which leaves me to decide If I want to go down the cliched dracula route, or a, for example, Lost Boys route with my costume etc.

(Or at least I hope)

Well, what they "come as". So I think it'd be like, I get an invite saying "You have to come as a vampire."

Which leaves me to decide If I want to go down the cliched dracula route, or a, for example, Lost Boys route with my costume etc.

(Or at least I hope)

For some reason I was thinking more specific. But being vague like that isn't bad.

At EEVIL: How big is that ghostbusters costume? I'm 6,3 and well built (Not skinny) and alot of costumes seem to be small. Also, how's the quality? Worth 30 quid?

Well the fabric is thinnish, which is to be expected, I shall be wearing jeans and a t-shirt underneath, you should wear jeans anyway, because the pockets at the front are wank. The fabric almost feels like that of a bed cover.

I'm just taking measurements with my delightful tape measure now...

From top to bottom: 167cm [66in]

Crotch gap to bottom: 75cm [29in]

Armpit join to arm length: 50cm [20in]

It's a lil' bit baggy even on me. But the "belt" that is on the proton pack will keep it in check.

Worth £30? That's why they call me Terry Tibbs.

I'll let you know about the durability Sunday, after I wear it pr0perly on Saturday.

Well the fabric is thinnish, which is to be expected, I shall be wearing jeans and a t-shirt underneath, you should wear jeans anyway, because the pockets at the front are wank. The fabric almost feels like that of a bed cover.

I'm just taking measurements with my delightful tape measure now...

From top to bottom: 167cm [66in]

Crotch gap to bottom: 75cm [29in]

Armpit join to arm length: 50cm [20in]

It's a lil' bit baggy even on me. But the "belt" that is on the proton pack will keep it in check.

Worth £30? That's why they call me Terry Tibbs.

I'll let you know about the durability Sunday, after I wear it pr0perly on Saturday.

Sounds big enough, thanks babe :heh:

Yo. So it's looking likely that my juggling society will probably have a robot-themed social next month. I'm thinking I may want to start making a costume now. Main problems I encountered with the pirate costume was nowhere to put props when not in use, and bloody hell it gets hot quick.

Does anyone have any ideas for light-weight, cool costumes? Currently I'm thinking of cutting up boxes and big bottles and covering them all to shit with tin-foil and 'buttons', but this will be sweltering.

Month after might be Star Wars too, and I don't really want to pay for any costumes...

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!