NEurope
EEVILMURRAY

Astley up for a MTV Award

haha, rickrolling the mtv awards actually worked... I'm impressed. Nice work, internet.

Awesome.

But why do all these media people get rickrolling wrong. That particular link says it happened in April (as if to be April fools) when really we all know rickrolling has been about for ages. And I recall newspapers covering it like it was a virus plaguing internet users. It's just a hidden link..

For once, /b/ have actually done something to benefit the world (they've been getting Rick Astley voted for months now)

Amazing. Bloody love Rick Rolls. As a tribute whenever I get Rick Rolled I do listen to the whole thing.

HELL YES! :D

Well done Internet, I am proud! :)

Amazing. Bloody love Rick Rolls. As a tribute whenever I get Rick Rolled I do listen to the whole thing.

Same here! though it rarely happens to me. :p

For once, /b/ have actually done something to benefit the world (they've been getting Rick Astley voted for months now)

They'll fuck it all up if they keep using those auto-voting programs though.

The very fact Toki Hotel and Britney Spears are up for "Best Act In History" just makes the whole thing seem ridiculous. I mean, if it was Astley among actual worthy nominees, yeah, it's a joke.

But most of the nominees are a joke. Fine, Britney is universally known, and defines Y2K pop for many, but Toki EFFING Hotel?! Not only are they shit, they have like...one album.

The very fact Toki Hotel and Britney Spears are up for "Best Act In History" just makes the whole thing seem ridiculous. I mean, if it was Astley among actual worthy nominees, yeah, it's a joke.

But most of the nominees are a joke. Fine, Britney is universally known, and defines Y2K pop for many, but Toki EFFING Hotel?! Not only are they shit, they have like...one album.

Sounds like /b/'s doing too...

You know.. Bill...

I pray Britney wins tbh, even though the award is obviously a complete farse.

They'll fuck it all up if they keep using those auto-voting programs though.
I don't think they're doing that this time. All I've seen are lots of posts telling people to vote for Rick Astley directly within the MTV website.