N-Europe

Punch-Out!!

Tellyn

I haven't picked the game up yet (I'm waiting for it to come down in price, sorry :red:) ..but I have been playing Super Punch-Out!! on the VC which I downloaded a couple of months ago. It was my first experience of the series and I wasn't quite sure what to expect.. but I love it :yay:

Anyway, I can't wait to get this eventually.. but since I still have to finish Super Punch-Out!! and have lots more to get through from The Pileâ„¢, it's an experience I will have to live without for a few weeks or months yet :heh:

Having just looked at my dire financial situation I think I could have lived without it as well but nevermind it is really fun. Up to Bald Bull at the moment and finding him hard going...

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny, I can't even beat Don Flamenco... :(

LOVE this game though, it's so addictive and has been a great introduction for me to the Punch Out series. I'm using the Wii 'mote on its side as the NES gods intended.

Yeah Don Flamenco gave me trouble too. I think I lost to him and went into pratice mode to learn his moves. I beat him via TKO in the end but I'm going to go back and find a way to knock him out early if I can

Ahh... the beauty of Punch-Out!! It's so awesome later on once you've memorised the patterns and can take out the initially impossible boxers in like no time at all. :awesome: Such a great feeling.

Aran Ryan was one of the impossible boxers for me. He was too erratic for me at first, but I learnt how to counter punch him and get stars which now makes the level go like clockwork lol

Guest Maase

I tried Punch Out on my friend's house, I have to admit its pretty awesome, I have now Punch out and Super Punch Out.

Will buy this one sooner or later, after completing the other 2.

Whooo! I beat the game yesterday... finally! Took me an hour to train to beat Mr. Sandman but I finally did it with a 1st round TKO. However... Now I can't beat Glass Joe on title defense :(

This game is brilliant! I never expected to get this much fun out of it coupled with the massive sense of achievement you get when you defeat another guy. Just goes to prove that there is still so much worth and value in retro games and they don't always have to be nostalgic.

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this for my birthday today, and really enjoying it so far. Breezed through the Minor and Major Circuits, then got completely hammered by Aran Ryan in the World Circuit.

Also made this for my phone wallpaper :D

punch-out.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
How cool is this?! :awesome:

Seems to be USA exclusive though, which is a shame. :sad:

I managed to reach Platinum status, so I decided to get this rather than the Mario Hat. Its probably going to just be a demo for the game though, I'm sure some people who don't have Punch Out Wii will get this and then buy the full game. I never bothered buying Punch Out, so if I like this, I might decide to buy the full game.

reminded me still need to meet the final fight in this to complete the game first time round...perhaps a mission for tomorrow before work.
You might be better off scheduling that for after work, 'tis a pretty epic fight. :heh:

Its probably going to just be a demo for the game though, I'm sure some people who don't have Punch Out Wii will get this and then buy the full game. I never bothered buying Punch Out, so if I like this, I might decide to buy the full game.
I was thinking/hoping (not that it matters as we don't get it in Europe) that it'd be a super difficult fight, much tougher than anything in the full game.

That obviously wouldn't work as a demo though, :laughing: but would be a much nicer and more substantial reward for Punch-Out!! fans.

Just beat TD Mr Sandman today! Can't see myself getting very far in Mac's Last Stand, though - I'm expecting three fights and three losses, to be honest! Great game, though - I'm really glad I got it in the end.

Just beat TD Mr Sandman today! Can't see myself getting very far in Mac's Last Stand, though - I'm expecting three fights and three losses, to be honest! Great game, though - I'm really glad I got it in the end.

just a heads up Mike, the 14th character is unlocked in that mode, so you have to last long enough for him to appear. From then on he's in exhibition mode.

just a heads up Mike, the 14th character is unlocked in that mode, so you have to last long enough for him to appear. From then on he's in exhibition mode.

Yeah, I know, I'm really hoping he'll appear early on!

EDIT: Just tried it; beat Disco Kid first, then the secret character appeared (and completely beat me!) second. So at least that's something I don't have to worry about now.

Edited by Mike

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
^ you best have already finished Resi 4 *shakes angry fist*

Haha, Re4 is probably the longest game I've ever played. I just started playing it, then stopped for work reasons, then got back into it, then more work, then stopped. Ahh. I'm going to start it again at some point and just play it through, hopefully without stopping so often. I think that ruined the flow of it for me. I was glad when I finished it, but I want to go through it once more.

I have been meaning to get this game, anyone recommend it?

Yessss. It's very fun. :)