N-Europe

Games for 3 year olds!

dazzybee

Hum... well, its not hard, there are a lot of Wii games out there that a 3 Years old would like to play, even if we consider it "shit".

So, Wii Music, as you said...

Maybe Wii Play will be fun for him?

Also, give him MadWorld, he'l love it

My daughter who is 2 and a half has tinkered with Okami, Mario Galaxy, Mario Kart, and Zack and Wiki. By tinkered, i mean she shook the Wii Remote and something happened, she enjoyed it. But they're not games she'd fully appreciate.

HOWEVER, she loves, absolutely adores the WiiFit balance games, and some aerobic exercises like jogging and step. Personally, for the wee one, i steer clear of the actual weight management thing.

My 15 month old niece was intruiged by me playing Super Mario Galaxy, so she waddled over and helped me make him jump by hammering the A button. I'm trying to indoctrinate her into gaming. :heh:

I'd be looking at Wii Remote only games, to be honest, as button prompts on the Nunchuk might prove a little complicated for him. I think that Pop, Helix and Defend Your Castle would be good choices, maybe stuff like Boogie and Dance Dance Revolution too.

Not to sound funny, but ain't 3 a little young for gaming?

Why? I started gaming at 3 :)

I think gaming, ESPECIALLy the Wii is a fantastic thing for very young children for building up motor skills, communication; and is way more interactive and positive than watching films or television.

Cosmic Family being £9.97 in a Curry's near you at the murment.

Its also £9.99 on play.com, just incase you dont have a Currys near by.

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/3305439/-/Product.html?searchstring=cosmic+family&searchsource=0

In regards to the age of gamers, my 2 year old nephew loves to watch me play games. He waddles upstairs and jumps on my bed, I always give him my spare wavebird and he sits and thinks hes playing, adorable!

Last Christmas I also taught him how to say Mario, Pikachu, Toad and Sonic. If I put a picture of any of them on google he instantly recognises them. I bought him a Mario and Toad plushie for his birthday earlier in the year, he loves them to bits. Now when ever he wants me to play a game he shouts MARIO! Basically he associates gaming with Mario, my work here is done :)

In regards to the age of gamers, my 2 year old nephew loves to watch me play games. He waddles upstairs and jumps on my bed, I always give him my spare wavebird and he sits and thinks hes playing, adorable!

Last Christmas I also taught him how to say Mario, Pikachu, Toad and Sonic. If I put a picture of any of them on google he instantly recognises them. I bought him a Mario and Toad plushie for his birthday earlier in the year, he loves them to bits. Now when ever he wants me to play a game he shouts MARIO! Basically he associates gaming with Mario, my work here is done :)

That's just awesome! LMAO!

whos-awesome197.jpg

Cosmic Family being £9.97 in a Curry's near you at the murment.

Already bought from Play.

The kid is already a Yiddo, bats the DS screens wildly and will soon be destroying my brothers room as he throws the wiimotes all over the shop!!!

Can't wait :)

Though I think my brother is more excited, Mario Kart, Bomberman on WiiWare and Tiger Woods are his first purchases!

Its also £9.99 on play.com, just incase you dont have a Currys near by.

http://www.play.com/Games/Wii/4-/3305439/-/Product.html?searchstring=cosmic+family&searchsource=0

Awesome, awesome story! :bowdown:

I also wholeheartedly agree with dazzybee's view on Wii gaming for young children. :)

What's a "Yiddo?" :wtf:

It's a racial slur used against Jewish people, widely associated with Tottenham because of their large Jewish following.

Not to sound funny, but ain't 3 a little young for gaming?

I thought the same thing. Don't get me wrong I played NES at my cousins when I was young, but it wasn't until I was at least 5 that we got a console. I was too young to appreciate the value of an expensive piece of kit. I wouldn't trust a £180 Wii in the hands of a 3 year old.