N-Europe

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yay.. more players :)

During the last week I've got into (I'm gonna call it) 'inventing' combos for Roll using the bounce you get when you hit your opponent off the wall. I'm sure others will have done this stuff already, but it's new to me and just shows actually how deep this game's combo system is. The linking is sooo much easy than SFIV, but the different options you have available to increase your combos more than makes up for that. Loving it.

On the shit side..

I've broken my adapter for my Saturn controller at the moment, so i'm stuck with the GC pad until i can be arsed to fix it.

I never finished off mounting the adapter in a case to protect the wiring e.t.c, so one of the wires has broken away from the PCB, and of course it had to be the earth wire ensuring that not a single button on the pad works :(

Its only a simple 5 second solder job to fix it, but I think I'm gonna wait until I've got a suitable case to mount it in before I mess with it.

• 4 weeks later...

Marvel vs Capcom 3

I got IP banned today from SRK for leaking this, but here it goes again:

Marvel VS Capcom 3 is getting announced in May of this year.

Super SF4 is coming to PC (dunno when, sorry).

Updated: This story doesn’t really pertain too much to the rumor but contains circumstantial evidence related to it. The administrator of shoryuken.com Mr. Wizard didn’t approve of my troll from August (where I leaked the Super SF4 character roster and basically the game itself). Wiz then got very very mad at me and deleted the thread, but because o of that The Street Fighter Blog (and then Eventhubs) picked up said story and basically it was immortalized, deleted thread about Super SF4 posted by longstanding member of the community etc, people had something juicy in a drought. The ensuing shitstorm (including Wizard deleting all threads related to this and getting mad at me on IRC along the lines of “you shouldn’t have opened your mouth”) 100% confirmed this list to be real (and it was!).

I was recently banned a couple days ago on IRC because… Mr. Wizard was mad at me again for god knows what reason. We were having a conversation about Seth’s level 2 Focus attack without him involved, and how it wasn’t faster in the final build (even though Mr. Wizard said it was) and my response to that was simply “Mr. Wizard isn’t the best player in the world, he probably isn’t an infallible source for a changelist”. He immediately banned me from IRC and then SRK (for leaking Secret Capcom Information). I tried to convince him through a medium that I had absolutely no idea the initial leak was real and he refused to believe me, not to mention he banned me practically half a year after the initial offense, after all the smoke had cleared and I wasn’t doing anything wrong. So if he’s going to be petty about something that was months dead, so was I:

So I leaked Marvel 3 announcement in May and Super SF4 for PC on the Shoryuken.com forums. This immediately led to my permanent IP ban and a very hasty thread deletion (justification: “ban”, that was it). There are multiple sources that confirm Marvel 3 in development, and Super SF4 PC was sorta leaked a while ago by some guy with a slippery tongue at some trade show (it’s quite well known in the games journalism circle though), but yeah it exists too. Wiz doesn’t seem to learn from the mistake of hiding evidence makes it look that much more suspicious so here I am. Who knows if anyone will learn a lesson, but I’m certainly done leaking information from now on.

Don't really know half of what he's talking about. But it seems exciting.

Could you point out the words nintendo and wii for I fail in doing so.

Sorry I thought that considering this was part of the 'vs' series and the fact that we got the last one on Wii would have been reason enough to post it.

Guess we don't talk about the possibility of sequels on here. My bad.

Guest Captain Falcon

Well, MvC 3 would be a sequel to MvC2 and thus a continuation of the Vs series rather than a sequel to TvC but I think it was worth mentioning.

Capcom only had the right to release MvC2 digitally which is why it never came to Wii - there was an option to go the disc route but it would have cost far too much in terms of licensing apparently.

Given MvC2 reportedly outsold HD remix, a new title doesn't seem out of the question - you'd fancy an arcade game out by the end of the year with the home release early next.

The question is whether it would end up on the Wii. They have both the TvC engine and SF4 to use as a platform, should they not opt for an all new one, and the iPhone has proved that the SF4 engine can be scaled accordingly if they are prepared to make the necessary cuts to it.

Guest Captain Falcon

I don't know why but I thought the completion rate value went over 100% by a couple of points - I swear I read it somewhere...

Gently shoved the disc into my Wii yesterday and I had no idea what was going on.

First that weird intro video (weird in a good way though:laughing:)

Then I tried training with some characters and really had no clue how to pull off all those moves on the commando list.

'T has been a while since I played a fighter like this, let alone using a gamecube controller, so I'm thinking the manual will come in handy.

• 2 weeks later...

wtf.

Capcom is happy all around with the Wii, they're pleased with Monster Hunter Tri, they're pleased with Tatsunoko v Capcom, they're pleased with Resident Evil on Wii. What is this? Capcom, don't you know anything? You're meant to make half assed efforts on the Wii, and then when no one picks your shit up, you're meant to blame the platform.

Pft, some people don't even know how to run a proper authoritarian business these days.

• 3 weeks later...