NEurope
flameboy

How big is your pile of started but uncompleted games?

It's that time of year where you try and get a ton of uncompleted games done and dusted before the onslaught of the winter-xmas rush. So what games do people have and also if you have one whats the excuse?!

My list of games I have started but failed to complete this year is huge;

Final Fantasy Crisis Core PSP (stuck towards the end, on a boss)

Rachet and Clank Size Matters PSP

Crush PSP

Resistance FoM (find the gaps between checkpoints way to long and get annoyed at it!)

Burnout Paradise (still not got the top license, Bikes is only going to add to the frustration!)

Virtua Tennis 3 (still not finished single player by getting no 1 ranking!)

Space Invaders Extreme (last level is brutal!)

Final Fantasy Revenant Wings (boring)

Final Fantasy CC DS (got bored over half way through)

Half Life 2 Episode 2 (started it week before GTA 4 and never gone back)

Dragon Quest Monsters (stuck at very very end of game!)

Shiren the Wanderer (uber hard never gonna get done!)

Pixel Junk Eden

Bionic Commando Rearmed

This doesn't even cater for the games I havn't even started...

Exit PSP

No More Heroes

Metal Gear Acid

Hot Pxl

Wipeout Pure

Parappa the Rapper

plus more I'm forgetting its madness...after xmas feel I need to sit down and just stop buying games I see no matter how cheap they are...

To make things worst I picked up Hot Pxl, Parappa the Rapper and Wipeout Pure the other day! Not starting any of them for a long time me thinks...

From what I remember...

Donkey Kong 64 (Damn DK Arcade)

Jet Force Gemini (Couldn't find the Tribals back then...and now I can't find the game)

Battalion Wars

Half-Life Source

Half-Life 2: Episode 2 (got it when it was first released on PC, I still haven't done the final battle).

Kameo

Forza 2

PGR4

Tomb Raider: Anniversary

Burnout

Burnout 3

Halo

Halo 2

GTA: San Andreas (I haven't even started it)

Star Wars: Empire At War

Rome: Total War

SSX Blur

Eledees

Heatseeker

Geist

Super Mario Sunshine

Worms: Open Warfare 2

Super Monkey Ball Touch & Roll

Spider-Man 2

A ton of XBLA games

That doesn't include extra modes/items/difficulties.

Mine starts on the xbox, spanning the ps2, DS and wii, crossing over the PS3, and finally landing on the PC which has stuff dating back to '98 :blank:

Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

The world ends with you

Sonic Rush

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.

From that I guess you can gauge how behind in completing games I am.

turok and kane n lynch, i try to get me moneys worth outta games, and the fact i only play one format makes it easier.

o yeah some XBLA games, mainly the free ones, undertow and yaris, worst games ever they wont ever be completed.

For my 360... Assassin's Creed, bought a week before GTAIV, oops. Mass Effect, half an hour from the end and 360 RRoD... FEAR.. pants. And Blue Dragon, just started.

Yeah my total uncompleted games list would be huge...but this is just from games this year....

I'm really cracking on with Rachet and Clank Size Matters get that completed then start something else on the PSP. Really wanna get Resistance done as well before Bioshock, LBP and Fallout 3 hit so that I'm ready for R2...up to London so can't have fair to go (right?!)

What lame excuses for not finishing games do people have?

Console games. I finish all those (well mostly)... but i have a few DS and a lot of PSP games I've never finished.

Is complete played through to final boss point, in those sorts of games, or complete as in 100% complete and there is not a single other thing you can do or collect in that game? :D

Is complete played through to final boss point, in those sorts of games, or complete as in 100% complete and there is not a single other thing you can do or collect in that game? :D

I'm just counting it as the final boss point or the equivalent.

I still havn't finnished Super Mario Galaxy or Twilight Princess. Nowhere near in fact. I only played them both for about 5 hours each. Playing Wii games is too much effort, even when there arn't too many motion controls. You have to sit up and face the tele and all that, its just too much :p

I've completed a shit load of games in the last two years because of my job though. At least two games a month, sometimes up to four - and these are 100 per cent jobbies.

But let me ask you this. If you dont complete your games, how can you give fair opinion on what you make of them? Most games dont come into their own until at least half way through, sometimes later. I wont say what i think of SMG and TP because i havn't yet got to a stage where i can make that judgement.

Anyway, it just annoys me how people write off games so easilly and quickly. It takes a long time to make a game, and there are those who will play it for a few hours and slate it to the ground. And they wonder why casual gaming is increasing?! So-called hardcore gamers are impatient and always looking too hard for the next big thing to notice smaller, decent games. And they will happily say they hate what giants like EA are doing to the industry, but in all fairness they are fueling the exact same outcome.

Play your games fully and appreciate them properly like you did when you were younger damnit!

Anyway, i digress...

Here is my list

Gamecube

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - Just never beat it, got tiring quick i think.

X-Box 360

Assassins Creed - bought it back on release, still ain't beat it

GTA IV - Unbelievable, online mode stole me. And have been meaning to beat it in under 30 hours as well

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 - Havn't started it

NBA 2K8 - Started a season, never beat it

Wii

Super Smash Bros: Brawl - Don't ask, i'm ashamed to have not beat this yet. (by beat i mean all characters, levels and music)

DS

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Just never found the time so far.

I'm a pro at not completing games:

Wii (at the moment)

Metroid 3

Resident Evil 4

Super Mario Galaxy

Zelda Twilight Princess

Super smash Bros

Super Paper Mario

Cube:

Pretty much eveything i havn't completed, except wind waker and star fox

PS3:

Resistance

Devil may cry

Motorstorm

GTA4

Playing Wii games is too much effort, even when there arn't too many motion controls. You have to sit up and face the tele and all that, its just too much :p

I disagree. I played a lot of Wii games while lounging on a sofa, including Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3. I actually found it more relaxing than playing with a normal controller.

I'm actually quite a completionist, so there are very few games that pass me.

I still havn't finnished Super Mario Galaxy or Twilight Princess. Nowhere near in fact. I only played them both for about 5 hours each. Playing Wii games is too much effort, even when there arn't too many motion controls. You have to sit up and face the tele and all that, its just too much :p

I've completed a shit load of games in the last two years because of my job though. At least two games a month, sometimes up to four - and these are 100 per cent jobbies.

But let me ask you this. If you dont complete your games, how can you give fair opinion on what you make of them? Most games dont come into their own until at least half way through, sometimes later. I wont say what i think of SMG and TP because i havn't yet got to a stage where i can make that judgement.

Anyway, it just annoys me how people write off games so easilly and quickly. It takes a long time to make a game, and there are those who will play it for a few hours and slate it to the ground. And they wonder why casual gaming is increasing?! So-called hardcore gamers are impatient and always looking too hard for the next big thing to notice smaller, decent games. And they will happily say they hate what giants like EA are doing to the industry, but in all fairness they are fueling the exact same outcome.

Play your games fully and appreciate them properly like you did when you were younger damnit!

Anyway, i digress...

I do agree with some of the notions you have made. I definitly think my attitude to playing games has changed since I left uni and gone back into full time employment, I have had more money to buy games with (although even then have bought more) and the new way the industry quickly moves from flavour of the month to flavour of the month at a rate faster than months. We are all guilty og it moving onto the next online shooter all too fast.

I always complete games I am reviewing as find it hard to review the game outside of the content of it as a whole.

I disagree. I played a lot of Wii games while lounging on a sofa, including Twilight Princess and Metroid Prime 3. I actually found it more relaxing than playing with a normal controller.

Agreed...I only have No More Heroes that is uncompleted but I havn't started it yet...

I'm actually quite a completionist, so there are very few games that pass me.

Ahh wish I am still like that...

I do tend to hardcore complete titles...for example played 10 hours of GTA to complete it a few weeks ago...did the same with MGS 4 completed that in just a few sittings. I am blitzing Resistance tonight..

Hmmm, quite a few I think.

Just Cause

Oblivion

Killer 7

Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Bioshock

Half life 2: Episode 2

Gears of War

Viva Pinata (not happening)

Not too many, but I also have Mass effect to start. I shouldn't buy any more games between now and Christmas really.

What lame excuses for not finishing games do people have?

I haven't completed a lot of games because I keep buying more of them. To try and change this trend (even a little bit) I'm keeping DQ IV on DS sealed til I finish FF IV DS.

Great topic idea but yeah too many. And I'm always stupid enough to say I'm going to finish all my games before buying an epic one player game!! But it never works, I get every game I think looks good, play it for 10 mins and then put it away!! I have stupid amounts of games I want to finish but never have the time. It's so easy to whack Mario Kart on or Pro Evo; Ive started Metal gear 4 but it's borderline a chore just to put it on :)

I'm slowing ploughing through Resistence, I can only do one level at a time because i find it pretty boring, so samey!!! Some really nice moments, but generally distinctly average!

I have about 20 games on the DS, 4 games on the PS3, about 15 on the Wii and 3 on 360 that I haven't finished, and I'm talking one player games not including multiplayer games.....