NEurope
flameboy

How big is your pile of started but uncompleted games?

Not really wanting to post a long list of games I've started and not finished......but rather a few titles that I really do need to finish that have been sitting there for nearly a year:-

Shadow Of The Colossus

God Of War 2

Super Mario Galaxy

I've got no excuses really for why I've yet to finish them, although I do tend to move on quickly though if a title doesn't keep my attention. :blank:

I haven't completed a lot of games because I keep buying more of them. To try and change this trend (even a little bit) I'm keeping DQ IV on DS sealed til I finish FF IV DS.

Yeah thats a practice I am now employing. Got No More Heroes for bargain of £15 at Game, so kept that sealed for now....

Great topic idea but yeah too many. And I'm always stupid enough to say I'm going to finish all my games before buying an epic one player game!! But it never works, I get every game I think looks good, play it for 10 mins and then put it away!! I have stupid amounts of games I want to finish but never have the time. It's so easy to whack Mario Kart on or Pro Evo; Ive started Metal gear 4 but it's borderline a chore just to put it on :)

I'm slowing ploughing through Resistence, I can only do one level at a time because i find it pretty boring, so samey!!! Some really nice moments, but generally distinctly average!

I have about 20 games on the DS, 4 games on the PS3, about 15 on the Wii and 3 on 360 that I haven't finished, and I'm talking one player games not including multiplayer games.....

I feel exactly the same about Resistance, I'm nearly there but it does feel like a slog. Has some awesome set pieces but then boring bits where your just walking through endless corridors of tedium...

Jesus. I think this list covers most of my entire catalogue but here goes;

Turtles NES (You try it you'll see)

Snake, Rattle N' Roll NES (The game that never ends)

Streets of Rage 3 Mega Drive (Is just endless rape)

Banjo Tooie N64 (Can't remember, think I just didn't know where to go)

Zelda: Majoras Mask N64 (End boss owned me, I need teh uber mask :/)

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes GC (Not my kind of game, camera angle did my head in)

R-Emake (Used all my saves, only had 3 bullets, couldn't get past some sharks)

Killer 7 GC (Got stuck, went back to it, forgot how to play, got stuck again, the end)

Viewtiful Joe GC (10,000,000 End bosses?!? Nah)

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (Got bored searching for shit at the end)

Batallion Wars GC (Took one look at the last level and quit)

Eternal Darkness GC (Couldn't figure out what to do at the end)

Hitman Blood Money Xbox (Got bored on one mission, didn't get what to do and there's a timer to do it)

Fire Emblem Wii (Didn't sort out my 3 groups at the end and now they all suck and I get owned)

Fire Emblem GBA (The end boss was just cheap, hit him, he replenishes... and you die)

Zelda: The Minish Cap (Fought the end boss once, couldn't be arsed to go back)

Advance Wars: Days of ruin DS (Got stuck on one level, stupidly hard)

Command and Conquer 3 Xbox 360 (Fucking Scrin!!!!)

Super Mario 64 (I got around 100 stars and then sold my N64. I'll get it back!)

Banjo-Kazooie (couldn't find enough notes to get through the last door)

Super Mario Galaxy (Still haven't got Luigi, i've got around 9 stars left)

Super Monkey Ball: Banana Blitz (i got it when the wii came out and hardly touched it.)

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (I got pissed off after i got the Hailian Loach and then the power went out before i saved)

Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicals (I got stuck on the snake boss)

No More Heroes (Currently ranked 7th, i just couldn't be bothered with collecting money for the next assassination)

Mario Kart Wii (Working on the 100cc and 150cc cups, i just can't stand the rubber band AI)

Crackdown (on the last leader. I'll get back to it eventually)

Forza 2 (its....too....real..)

Skate. (Doing stuff for Thrasher)

Mass Effect (I just forgot about it, i don't even know where i am in it)

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men (It sucks...so i stopped)

Eternal Sonata (i'm getting on well in this, i'm on some pirate ship atm)

Bioshock (on the part after breaking Fontaine's mind control)

Burnout Paradise (90 or so wins untill its finished)

Lost Odyssey (Start of the second disk, in some mansion)

GTA IV (Almost done, a few more missions left)

Alone in the Dark (....yawn)

GRID (i'm working on it)

Tales of Symphonia (Destroying the Asgard Human Ranch)

My list is one shorter now, beat GTA last week in just over 20 gaming hours (story mode that is). The side bits i can do as and when i can be bothered. Just Assassins Creed story mode to do now and i am nearly there.

Not too bad now.

Of all the games I'm interesting in finishing, I think the vast majority are downloaded.

Super Mario RPG

Paper Mario 64

Castle Crashers

Only disc game I can think of is Zack and Wiki

Oh, and Metroid Prime 3, but I just can't get motivated for that one.

Final Fantasy Crisis Core PSP

Rachet and Clank Size Matters PSP

Crush PSP

Resistance FoM

Virtua Tennis 3

Space Invaders Extreme

Final Fantasy Revenant Wings

Final Fantasy CC DS

Half Life 2 Episode 2

Dragon Quest Monsters

Shiren the Wanderer

Pixel Junk Eden

Bionic Commando Rearmed

Exit PSP

No More Heroes

Metal Gear Acid

Hot Pxl

Wipeout Pure

Parappa the Rapper

Well this mammoth list has gotten that bit smaller in the last few weeks as the titles in red have been completed. Still a ton of games to play through though...although I know I will never finish some of them...

A long long long list. Not only because I'm a collector (in fact that has little to do with it, awesome old games I already finished), but because I have gaming ADD :P I just can't stand still with one game and with real life in the middle I usually take ages to finish a game, even if it's short. Honestly, I enjoy games even more like this. The only game in recent times I remember finishing in 2 or 3 days was The Force Unleashed Wii. because I was in a Star Wars mood and it's good fun. Well Portal and HL:Ep1 too, but those are too short.

Sometimes when I'm on vacation I go thinking "I gotta finish lots of games to make good use of my time!", but I just end up noticing that if I'm playing a game just for finishing it, it sucks the fun out of gaming.

Wii

Okami - Only the final dungeon and boss left, but I have already completed it on PS2 so I didn't see any point in going over that awful part again.

Endless Ocean - Beautiful, but too boring and repitive after a while.

PSP

Jeanne d'Arc - The difficulty was to hard in the beginning and I didn't like the characters and how the story was so different from history.

Tales of Eternia - Only the final boss left, but I have completed it on PS so I didn't see any point in finishing it.

Harvest Moon - Because the main character is a robot there is no romance of any kind and overall it just didn't feel like a proper HM game.

Final Fantasy - Got stuck in a dungeon with a sidequest boss I couldn't beat. All that was left of the story was the final boss.

Final Fantasy: Tactics - Boring. The sequels are way more fun.

DS

Rondo of Swords - Boring

Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - Somewhere in chapter 9(out of 10) things got to difficult and it wasn't any fun powerlevling.

Tingle: Rupeeland - Too evil.

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Too boring and shallow.

Final Fantasy IV - Boring

Gamecube

Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles - Tried completing this twice with almost two years apart. First time I got owned by the final boss, so the second time I replayed every dungeon five-six times to get as many artifacts as possible. In the end it bored me to death about 2/3 in the game.

Wario Ware: Not as fun as the other games and I couldn't beat some of the last levels.

Metroid Prime - Owned by the final boss

Metroid Prime 2 - Owned...wherever I quit playing.

PS2

Suikoden III - Owned by final boss

Suikoden Tactics - It sucks

Wild Arms III - Same as above

Tales of Rebirth - It is Japanese and I couldn't be bothered following a translation guide once again.

Tales of Destiny 2 - Same as above.

Odin Sphere - The PS2 started a mean habit of corrupting every memory card I put into it so I stopped using it to save the files that had survived.

Xenosaga - Boring

Star Ocean 3 - Owned by the final boss.

GBA

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - Boring...

Advance Wars - Too difficult

PC

Sam and Max season 1 and 2 - It is funny, but I hated clicking on everything a dozen times and have no idea what to do next.

Plus a dozen games on Wii and 360 I wish I never downloaded.

There are few other games that could be viewed as not completed by some. Like Mario Kart Wii, I finished every cup as number 1 but I never tried to get the stars. It's completed in my opinion.

A long long long list. Not only because I'm a collector (in fact that has little to do with it, awesome old games I already finished), but because I have gaming ADD :P I just can't stand still with one game and with real life in the middle I usually take ages to finish a game, even if it's short. Honestly, I enjoy games even more like this. The only game in recent times I remember finishing in 2 or 3 days was The Force Unleashed Wii. because I was in a Star Wars mood and it's good fun. Well Portal and HL:Ep1 too, but those are too short.

Sometimes when I'm on vacation I go thinking "I gotta finish lots of games to make good use of my time!", but I just end up noticing that if I'm playing a game just for finishing it, it sucks the fun out of gaming.

I have a similar problem. Its like now I have a ton of games to play but I'm itching to get something new before Bioshock comes out...but thats next week.