NEurope
Guest Maase

Frustration Thread

You're generalising, on a somewhat massive scale.

I am a creationist. I'll admit that. The difference between me and you (other than the obvious ones), is that I not only accept but respect the views of others. I accept the Big Bang Theory. I accept the evidence for the Big Bang Theory. It doesn't bother me. It doesn't destroy creationism.

Out of interest, have you ever read The God Dilusion? Because it seems your views are derived from Dawkins, who is, to put it lightly, a raving lunatic with nothing better to do with hevery minute other than to convince himself how untrue God is.

Wait..so you believe in stories like Adam & Eve? (Dunno what religion you are)

Utterly and fully?

Oh my lord, have you lot turned this thread into religion, already?! Can you not pack it in for five minutes :P, you know give us a chance to get a few pages under the belt before you lot get into it.

Unneccessary rudeness does my head in, why do people feel the need to blurt out things and do things always confuses me. Being ignored also and being taken for a ride, stupid heartless people.

Wait..so you believe in stories like Adam & Eve? (Dunno what religion you are)

Utterly and fully?

Only in the metaphorical sense.

USING MY HOLY POWERS OF THREAD STARTER, I BAN ALL RELIGIOUS COMMENTS...

*Shoooo*

Didn't work? Oh well, i tried.

Anyway, Haggis, you're so right

Most of my friends are 2 Face guys, they talk bad about other guys and then they talk to those guys bad about me, but me and some (real) friends laugh at them, because they're so dumb that they laugh at my (real) friends in my face and laugh at me in their face, even knowing that we are best friends since 6 years old (8 years ago)

Only in the metaphorical sense.

:blank:

Although I don't really care to have a religious discussion, I have little to no idea what this is meant to mean.

*shrugs*

Wait. I never said I was a Christian. Assumption is the mother of all fuck-ups, as my late Father always reminded me, and you seem to be doing a lot of it.

For a start, Dawkins should do some real evidence other than trawling the internet for famous aethiest quotes in which he seems to do a lot.

Also, he only has a superficial knowledge of the Bible (as Christianity is the main 'victim' of his book'). You'd think for someone who's so against a Holy Book would have at least sufficient knowledge of it, but Dawkins seems to have derived all knowledge from a few Sunday School Classes. I think when he attributes the book of Hebrews' authourship to Paul is when you realise just how bad things are.

You've said you're a Christian before.

I've no idea what you mean by you second paragraph.

A book that can be interpreted in a infinite different ways prevents anyone from having boundless knowledge about it. Your example is a bad one. Hebrews' is traditionally associated with Paul, and it could have been written by him. The main evidence for it not being written by him is the writing style, which is fairly circumstantial.

Oh, and once again, pot, kettle, black. Accusing someone of having superficial knowledge of a subject they dislike shortly after defending creationism reeks of hypocrisy.

Oh my lord, have you lot turned this thread into religion, already?! Can you not pack it in for five minutes :P, you know give us a chance to get a few pages under the belt before you lot get into it.

I dropped it, but it was picked up again directly against me.

I read the God delusion booky thing, and the blind watch maker. And Navarre, dawkins doesn't just quote some random aethist he met down the pub and goes "i agree". Some of his points are rather interesting and some not, (i liked his daugther at the computer part personally). It didn't make me question any belief that i have in God so meh

is it so hard to keep the faith people?

To keep this on track, i'm frustrated that the weather sucks, makes walking round town much less enjoyable.

Drop the religious discussion - it frustrates some of you, others it doesn't, but don't turn this thread into a debate about it.

I dropped it, but it was picked up again directly against me.

That's because you all have to have the last word. Seriously just shut the fuck up. You aren't going to agree with him anyway so if he responds to you just ignore him.

That's because you all have to have the last word. Seriously just shut the fuck up. You aren't going to agree with him anyway so if he responds to you just ignore him.

Thank you Mr Moderator! Would you like some tea there Mr Moderator? Love your pyjamas you're wearing Mr Moderator!

The fish, seeing as everyone seems hell-bent on destroying out intriguing (yet admittedly unrelated) conversation, let's make our own thread about this. Yay or nay?

DROP RELIGION DISCUSSION, FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grr, new frustration to add, people invading MAH THREAD with Religion based discussion

Im frustrated about a certain girl at the moment who is just confusing me, so i guess im frustrated about not knowing where I stand with her.

Wanting to buy something, having the funds, but not being able to justify spending so much money fustrates me.

The fish, seeing as everyone seems hell-bent on destroying out intriguing (yet admittedly unrelated) conversation, let's make our own thread about this. Yay or nay?

Threat may attract evangelists via Google - it's done so before. MSN or PM's may be a better option.

Also: you capitalised the correct letters in my name! I owe you a pint! :heh:

Man-Flu meaning I can not sleep due to a runny nose which aims to emulate a dripping tap ALL night.

Colds are evil, evil things. Journeying from one host to the next and striking from the inside, when you really don't expec it. Lulling you into a bleary-eyed state of weakness, and need for a constant supply of yukky remedies such as Lemsips.

Thank God that sleep eventually hits, only to be awoken by a shivering sweat, one which means you don't even know if your hot or cold - probably both. Clammy skin means everyone thinks you've been on the booze and no-one will touch you nor go near you in fear of "THE" disease. Throw in the lack of an ability to speak in anything other than a dull tone and your life may as well be "void" until your body decides to rid the flu virus of it's poison.

I hate the flu. Cure it already!! We've waited long enough!

Threat may attract evangelists via Google - it's done so before. MSN or PM's may be a better option.
When? Was it on a large scale?

DO IT ANYWAY!

Hypocritical of me but I have no real person to speak to at present to get this off my chest;

So because we've had to move due to pyscho neighbour I've arranaged for moving internet to the new place but both BT and Virgin fix you into a new 12 month contract and because of the area we're in we need to pay BT line rental so its £29 a month just to get internet. Grr.

Im frustrated about a certain girl at the moment who is just confusing me, so i guess im frustrated about not knowing where I stand with her.

Me to.

I get frustrated when people clearly have something they want to say/do but won't do/say it. Yesterday my ex was round and she was telling me about what this guy (her ex before me) tried to do after she gave him a lift home at this club we all went to on Monday. Basically it took about half hour to get the story out of her, everytime I went to change the subject because I could see it was upsetting her she would tell me a little bit more. Argh.

ok, i know this will sound like a go at religion initialy, but read the post through, its not the religion that is frustrating, its the racism of the media.

a month or so ago, the express was going mental over a huge mosque being built in england, people were complaing that their taxes were going towards it, which is an understandable kick to the balls, yet what about churches? im an aithiest, i, nor to my knowlage any one i know, havent launched any attacks on christians for building their churches, which i get no use out of.

shouldent i be just as outraged at a church, mosque, cinagog, or any outher place of worship? shouldnt the papers also report on the hindu temples that appear? they dont for one reason, muslims are currently public enemy number one.

a couple of years ago a local town paper ran a story based on how religious groups had launched a complaint about a santa's grotto in town, causing one of the two grottos to be closed down. local radio did an investigation, talking to the different religious groups, each of whom said they were happy for the santas grotto to exist. the radio station then spoke to the council and found that they had closed one santa's grotto to improve the outher, so instead of having two crap ones, they would have one good one. the paper had litteraly made up the story, almost like they were stiring up hatred on purpouse.

Hypocritical of me but I have no real person to speak to at present to get this off my chest;

So because we've had to move due to pyscho neighbour I've arranaged for moving internet to the new place but both BT and Virgin fix you into a new 12 month contract and because of the area we're in we need to pay BT line rental so its £29 a month just to get internet. Grr.

Psyho neighbour? What they done/doing?

Also: you capitalised the correct letters in my name! I owe you a pint! :heh:

WellI only have my memory to thank for that, mate. I'm sorry, when I see someone's username, I keep a picture of that persons username in my head, grammar and capitals included.

Yeah might PM you later with my response. If I can, that is, be bothered.

I wish my school just sang real songs at assembly. I mean, we no longer do prayers (which I never participated in), but I feel bad not singing the hymns (plus I like singing along). However, it feels very hypocritical of me to be singing along to hymns.

I'd prefer we just sang inspirational songs in general, or at least did insteresting hymns, like that famous one I love. The Battle Hymn Of The Republic.

Mine eyes have seen the glory of the coming of the Lord;

He is trampling out the vintage where the grapes of wrath are stored;

He hath loosed the fateful lightning of His terrible swift sword;

His truth is marching on.

Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Glory! Glory! Hallelujah!

Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! His truth is marching on.

I have seen Him in the watch fires of a hundred circling camps

They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps;

I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps;

His day is marching on.

Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! His day is marching on.

I have read a fiery Gospel writ in burnished rows of steel;

“As ye deal with My contemners, so with you My grace shall dealâ€;

Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with His heel,

Since God is marching on.

Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Since God is marching on.

He has sounded forth the trumpet that shall never call retreat;

He is sifting out the hearts of men before His judgment seat;

Oh, be swift, my soul, to answer Him! be jubilant, my feet;

Our God is marching on.

Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Our God is marching on.

In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,

With a glory in His bosom that transfigures you and me:

As He died to make men holy, let us live to make men free;

[originally …let us die to make men free]

While God is marching on.

Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! While God is marching on.

He is coming like the glory of the morning on the wave,

He is wisdom to the mighty, He is honor to the brave;

So the world shall be His footstool, and the soul of wrong His slave,

Our God is marching on.

Glory! Glory! Hallelujah! Our God is marching on.

People can go to church/their respective place of worship if they want to sing hymns, and anyone can pray, at any time, if they want.

I'd prefer to sing song that actually energise us for the day.

I found it quite annoying that my old high school sings and tries to practise christianity in assembly when we are nothing like one. Although it's been a few years since I've been the school has several rules I still don't agree with.

Kids on bikes, I'm sorry but get out of the fucking road so I don't nearly kill you, why on earth was some kid (about 10) coming round a bad corner in the middle of the road when I needed to get round...grr.

this thread is silly. Negative emotions should be locked away inside you as nature intended.

Damn right

MY keyboard has run out of batteries, so I have to use shitty hand writing recognition with my tablet, and it takes years to write anything and it never recognises my handwriting >:

Also, My step dad has come to stay at my house, whilst my mum is away (they're divorced and hate each other) And I come home from work, to:

DISHES piled up sll over the fucking worktop, PASTA SAUCE all over the fuckling cooker/floor/pans in the sink, BASTARD STICKY MARKS all over the freaking table, cooker, floor - the fucking floor was in dire need of sweeping, and the bathroom stank of piss.

I cleaned it all the fuck up but I know when I come home tomorrow it'll be exactly the same...