NEurope

My current spending list is something like this:

Rent

Bills

Food

Loan Payment

Drinks

Savings for new car

There's also a few random bits and bobs I buy but they're not really worth mentioning. I used to spend a fair bit on games but now I get those on work expenses which saves a hefty amount each month.

My budget spreadsheet has the following as outgoings:

Nildram Internet

Nildram Phone Calls

Gas

Electricity

TV License

Home Insurance

Council Tax

Car Insurance

Car Breakdown Cover

Mortgage

Water

BT Line Rental

Direct Debit to Savings

Transfer to Joint Account for Food & Entertainment

Unfortunately most of the time we seem to spend the money that we set aside as savings. I'm living on the edge man!

My budget spreadsheet has the following as outgoings:

Nildram Internet

Nildram Phone Calls

Gas

Electricity

TV License

Home Insurance

Council Tax

Car Insurance

Car Breakdown Cover

Mortgage

Water

BT Line Rental

Direct Debit to Savings

Transfer to Joint Account for Food & Entertainment

Unfortunately most of the time we seem to spend the money that we set aside as savings. I'm living on the edge man!

How much is the TV license these days?

I don't know about the cost for the year, but my monthly bill is going up to £11.95 in the next few months.

I don't know about the cost for the year, but my monthly bill is going up to £11.95 in the next few months.
Can you still buy those stamp things?

Where you buy a stamp every week and put it in a book?

Of the top of my head the license is about £140 a year at the moment. I don't think they do the stamps but there's a lot of direct debit options available.

In cost-descending order,

Rent

Petrol

Bills

Food

The rest I try and save then slowly burn on stupid things that I don't need.

I'm thinking of using the 'save the change' scheme that Lloyds TSB has where every time you spend on your card, the cost is rounded up and the change is moved to a savings account. Kind of like putting small change in a jar, except digital. Might help out :)

In cost-descending order,

Rent

Petrol

Bills

Food

The rest I try and save then slowly burn on stupid things that I don't need.

I'm thinking of using the 'save the change' scheme that Lloyds TSB has where every time you spend on your card, the cost is rounded up and the change is moved to a savings account. Kind of like putting small change in a jar, except digital. Might help out :)

Thats a really good idea, is it like this:

buys a game for 34.50, you get charged £35 and 50p put into the account? Sounds like a brilliant idea.

At the moment:

Rent

Food

Mobile Phone bill

Games

GAMES

GAMES

From Oct onwards:

Mortgage

Rates & Council Tax

TV license

Electric Bill

Insurance

(Note that all the above should cost around the same as my monthly rent at the moment... fucking twat landlord.)

Mobile Phone bill

Internet

Food

Fewer games

Chances of actually saving any money when i'm on £1250 a month = very little.

Thats a really good idea, is it like this:

buys a game for 34.50, you get charged £35 and 50p put into the account? Sounds like a brilliant idea.

That's exactly it, yeah :)

First month they introduced it, they doubled everything you saved, that was awesome. Totally took advantage of that :heh: after that I stopped using it, but I might go back to it.

Rent

Food / drink

Online game subs

Games

Quite honestly as long as I have enough cash for those main things I'm happy. :smile:

Em

Car loan

Insurance

Phone bill etc

T shirts (have some sort of strange t shirt fettish)

DVDs

Saving towards a house (not that im planning on buying one, just so that i can)

£20 a week on petrol.

Whatever I feel like giving to my mum for rent/housekeeping per week.

£15 a month for Internet.

Rest goes in bank for future use and/or on DVDs, games, books, the odd collectiable and tickets.

At the moment

Housekeep (£160 p/m)

Charitable Donations (£20)

Phone Bill (varies from £30 - £80, charge me for using the MSN on my phone which is meant to be free, but apparantly they changed the T+C and didn't tell me)

Phone Insurance (£5)

Sky (£15)

Rest is all mine, mwha ha ha ha. A few years from now i will move out of the parents place and have my own bills.

Hmm...

Transport to and from work... Fiver a day * 4 = £20 / week. Absolute rip-off actually, fortunately I can drive some days which halves the cost.

Phone bill - £35 / month

Drink - £???

Currently spending more than I'm earning but expenses will go down once I get to uni as transport costs will half, drinks probably will go down quite a bit too, but then I suppose food costs will rise.

My money goes on bills, general going out, gigs, buying stuff such as clothes, CD's etc and just general living like food, train ticket, taking the missus out, petrol etc etc.

Just got £20. Gonna spend most of it on Wii Points. With Super Mario RPG out, how couldn't you?

What it is?!

Ill go buy it later :D Although im going to have to sell SSBB as it will make me update and I don't want to homebrew.

I really don't know what I spend my money on?! - the usual rent, bills and food but it the rest just disappears and I never seem to have anything to show for it! - maybe I should monitor it for a month and see what I spend my cash on.

Rent/diesel/food/internet/booze... pretty much try and save the rest at the moment

In a week where I normally earn about £211 from work, I have received £335, as a result of me working lots of overtime.

Two words: FUCK YEAH!

I'm going to try and do the same for the remaining two weeks I'm going to be there.

I'm going to paid tomorrow for 4 hours of work. That's right. Four. You wish you people could get that kind of action.

I need a new mouse it seems :(

I spent my money on games mostly. :D Other than that:

DVDs

Books

Sweets

Occasionally some CDs

and other random stuff..... Oh and Saving! :grin: