N-Europe

NOM September : Playing Cards

Flaight

A bit of a daft post, but anyone else thought the playing cards that came with this month's Nintendo's Magazine was good?? I opened it this week and to my surprise found the cards to be pretty decent. In fact I think it's possibly the best gift ever, well one of the better ones anyway and I've had all since the 1st issue. Lately the gifts have been mundane so I wasn't expecting much. :yay:

Anyway. If it's just me, then... oh well :indeed:

I had a look but didn't buy. Do they serve the same purpose as the cards they gave away before? It was a kind of Top Trumps idea last time, wasn't it?

By the way, its NMS not NOM nor ONM or anything else. :p

Now you're going back a bit in time...:smile:

Back to the good old days of Seal! The magazine hasn't been the same since they ditched Seal. :(

I swear they brought him back again towards NOM's last days...

I remember reading his section, where he told us what he'd do if he was granted a number of wishes. I remember one of them would be 'world peace', if only so his invading seal fleet could take over Earth.

*Sigh*. If only they combined the humour of NOM with the style, presentation and reviews of ONM. Then you'd have a magazine to boast about. Unfortunately, due to Nintendo trying to broaden its image to a more casual audience, ONM has had to do the same to cater for a younger (and, invariably, older) age range, which includes dropping it's boyish, immature, admittedly hilarious sense of humour. MJ still writes occasionally, but he was never as funny as Kingsley or Dean Scott, and he isn't funny now.

I have a pack of nintendo cards somewhere I got from the magazine they were good! :D I have never really used them though!

and these Smash Bros Top Trumps style game was confusing and the cards were poorly made. :p

I saw this Issue but everytime I go to by a magazine I have already read most of the news! :)

*shakes his fist at the internet*

*Sigh*. If only they combined the humour of NOM with the style, presentation and reviews of ONM.

And what humour was that?

So glad I stopped buying that tat, got so many issues just taking space in my room. I think I'll do an epic recycling session some time.

Plus nothing will beat the PSO cards I got from Sega for doing a survey for the game crashing online.

The best gift was the Chain Chomp beach ball. I still have it, and the Pokemon one. ;)

god DAMN you sheikah! i was gunna say that!!

instead i shall say this: i dont have them, but i DO have azumanga daioh playing cards :grin:

also: flaight! your avatar is the suica penguin!! huray for you!

Um, they said Nintendo cards, but it only included Mario characters. I was disappointed. Plus, the old NOM did something exactly like it.

BTW, it's ONM, not NOM.(-;

The old set of cards were bad quality though

The best gift was the Chain Chomp beach ball. I still have it, and the Pokemon one. ;)

My Chain Chomp one was blown up until the other day when I was sorting out my room, so I let it down. I think I chucked the Pokémon one out.

I also still have punchbag-type-thingy Bullet Bill blown & watered up (there was also a Ganondorf & ?Bowser? one).