Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The House of The Dead: Overkill

Helmsly

ADULTS-ONLY COLLECTOR’S EDITION AVAILABLE FOR

THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD: OVERKILL PRE-ORDERS

Includes “Prelude to an OVERKILL” Graphic Novel

SEGA Europe Ltd. today announced the red hot Collector’s Edition for The House of the Dead: OVERKILL™ for release in PAL territories. This premium edition of The House of the Dead: OVERKILL arrives encased in an exclusive collector’s slipcase and is accompanied by an exclusive graphic novel. It will only be available through selected retailers as a pre-order bonus.

“Prelude to an OVERKILL” tells the fateful stories of Agent Washington and Varla Gunns, on the night before the violent and shocking events of the game. Illustrated by Steve Copter, of dissident punk band ‘Black Mekon’ (http://www.myspace.com/blackmekon), this specially-commissioned comic is only available in The House of the Dead: OVERKILL Collector’s Edition.

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL puts players in the shoes of Special Agent G and Detective Washington. Whilst mowing down waves of infected blood-thirsty zombies in a last-ditch effort to survive Bayou City, gamers uncover the horrific truth behind the origins of the House of the Dead.

The House of the Dead: OVERKILL will be released in February 2009, exclusively for the Nintendo Wii™

For more information about the game, please visit http://www.sega.co.uk

overkillbbfccollectorseql1.jpg

overkillbbfccollectorsepb6.jpg

overkillcollectorseditixe8.jpg

overkillcollectorseditinj4.jpg

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Shame we don't live in Aus. They're selling the game (collectors edition) and 2 handcannons off way cheaper than they probably should be. Something like $90 AUS.

Shame we don't live in Aus. They're selling the game (collectors edition) and 2 handcannons off way cheaper than they probably should be. Something like $90 AUS.

The game works on European consoles so there's no reason why we couldn't. :) I probably won't, I doubt it'd arrive on launch.

SURELY that will come out over here? Surely! I's buy it in a snap.

Can anyone tell me how the gun works? Is it a trigger fire gun? Also, is it a plastic shell in that the A button will still have to be pressed or will there be an A button so you can use your thumb for example.

A button to press as normal and the trigger as B button.

Chapter 1 Info:

73351520090116_172713_3_big.jpg

The first mission of The House of the Dead: OVERKILL is also Special Agent G’s first mission.

He has been dispatched by his agency, the secretive AMS, to investigate Papa Ceasar’s connection to a host of mysterious disappearances. At the exact moment G arrives, Detective Washington also turns up at the gates of the plantation house, on the trail of his missing father.

From the outset a tension exists between these hardboiled professionals, each feeling the other is stepping on their turf. But, when mutants attack, the Detective and the Agent are forced to accept that two guns are better than one and that an immediate and violent response is required.

The pair storm the plantation house grounds, gunning their way between trees and shrubs, capping mutants left, right and centre. Before long they reach the doors of the plantation house itself. They break in and find the place overrun with mutants. Something has gone badly wrong here…

Inside the Plantation House, a host of sick and twisted surprises awaits our heroes, and holed up in the basement is their nemesis, Papa Ceasar, with the first surprise in what promises to be a long, dangerous night in Bayou City.

73351520090116_172712_2_big.jpg

73351520090116_172712_1_big.jpg

73351520090116_172712_0_big.jpg

I just feel it lacks dynamism, and sparkle. I've not seen much in the way of flash - particle effects, dynamic lighting etc (ah, those circle shadows...). However, as i say, this is a must buy.

Funny you should mention circular shadows because I just recently went back and played Conker's Bad Fur Day on the N64 and the shadow effects in that game actually puts most wii games to shame. Incredible.

Really quite tempted to buy this game though, it looks pretty interesting. Enjoyed the Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles game so this is tempting!

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!