NEurope
Dog-amoto

Most overrated songs

Does anyone know that rock song that is always almost played on 60's Vietnam-like war movies. Yes, that is overrated...Still looking for the name though.

I think you might mean All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix. If you do I kinda agree. It's good but overdone I think; a bit overproduced and just a bit thick sounding

"I am the one and only" not only is it massively overrated, but also the perfect definition of irony, a big crowd of people all raising their hands and in unison singing along to the lyrics in unison. Cracks me up every time.

I think you might mean All Along The Watchtower by Jimi Hendrix. If you do I kinda agree. It's good but overdone I think; a bit overproduced and just a bit thick sounding

but that song is fucking amazing. shut the fuck up!

er..someone said Imagine.

[/thread]

Muse. All their songs sound the same anyway, so it's difficult to pick the most overrated.

Respect that other people like them, but their sound just really blends into one for me.

Can't really think clearly - I'm sure there are some very specific songs that make me cum HATE all over your face, but all i can think of right now is; christmas songs in general. All of them are utter poo. I don't get why a specific time of year has to bring out the worst in people, time after time. Cheesy, predictable, nonsense.

Major agree with The_Villan (my thoughts exactly) and Solo here.

Just because some music gets airtime too much doesn't mean it's bad. I resent Smells Like Teen Spirit, but it's a great song.

A Town Called Fucking Malice. I like The Jam and all, but how many fucking times do I need to hear this fucking song in a fucking day. It's probably the one of worst fucking song I've ever heard from The Jam, though, despite that, it's not a terrible song, it gets played too many fucking times. Sheeh.

Also, Don't Stop Believing by Journey. How I loathe that song!

QFT. Maase, grow up.

Also:

Frank Sinatra's cover of New York, New York.

All of Beatles' hits before Rubber Soul.

Im growing, dawg, im growing...

: peace:

Found it at last! Yep thats the one. Great song but overused in those war films.

Muse. All their songs sound the same anyway, so it's difficult to pick the most overrated.

Respect that other people like them, but their sound just really blends into one for me.

I was sort of afraid to say that, but I do agree. I know a lot of people in the forum like them a lot, and I do like their songs. But you have to understand that my best friend views Mr Bellamy as the Messiah, which makes me instantly have to disagree with him (yeah, i can be a real arse in person).

Damn Iun and Prodigy. People aren't going to be very happy with you. Myself included. :nono:

Anything by bjork.. you can't enter the music thread on here without seeing a post about that bitch.

Imagine by John Lennon.

I'm a huge Lennon/McCartney fan, but this song is far too dull and repetitive to be in the top 5 of many "best song" polls.

I agree with the two posts up here. I don't like Bjork a single bit (bollocks to your umlauts), and Imagine is a pretty naff song to be honest.

A Town Called Fucking Malice. I like The Jam and all, but how many fucking times do I need to hear this fucking song in a fucking day. It's probably the one of worst fucking song I've ever heard from The Jam, though, despite that, it's not a terrible song, it gets played too many fucking times. Sheeh.

I'd hate for A Town Called Malice to be so overplayed in my ears I'd end up hating it. :(

I don't like Bjork a single bit (bollocks to your umlauts)(

Your loss.

A massive loss. A humongous loss. Biggest loss ever. No one makes music like her.

But I assume you've listened to her to justifiably make a judgement on her, which Is all one can ask for.

Your loss.

Gain, actually.

A massive loss. A humongous loss. Biggest loss ever. No one makes music like her.

Thank fuck for that. There'd be so much more shit in music there wouldn't be a big enough shovel!

But I assume you've listened to her to justifiably make a judgement on her, which Is all one can ask for.

*Clap clap clap clap*

Well done, Mister Detective.

Queen, The Beatles, Muse (minus their newest album), Coldplay (minus their newest album) and some ones I can't remember.

Any rap song. No offense to people who like rap though.

Lol. I see intelligent lyrical content doesn't mean anything to you (unless you're referring to all that mainstream jazz).

Erm, One Step Closer by Linkin Park (seriously, how the HELL are people STILL listening to this song! it's just as bad as that bloody papercut :shakehead ).

Robbie Williams and his beloved Angel is also a tad annoying now; it's a cool song but meh. Oh and Wonderwall by Oasis; practically fell on the floor laughing when Jay-Z came out and did it at Glastonbuy. If you hadn't heard of that song half the people in the world would never know who they even were.

Finally, I'm going to say Lose Yourself by Eminem. it's a great song, but come on, FAR better stuff available (not just in the genre, by himself).

"Oh What A Night" by whoever... and "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy?" by Rod Stewart. So dull and crap.

Abba, anything abba. I'm sorry but I would gladly ban abba songs from the world.

Abba, anything abba. I'm sorry but I would gladly ban abba songs from the world.

Wait for the Pierce... OOOO MAMMA!!

Thank fuck for that. There'd be so much more shit in music there wouldn't be a big enough shovel!

Lol...seriously, you have no idea what being totally unique musically and being successful at it are, do you?

Shit? Right.

You have no idea what you're talking about really. I mean, most people can at least respect her for what she does, since, you kinda have to. Don't have to like her. But stupid comments like that just...kinda piss me off.

Enter Shikari, Exit taste/credibility, it seems. :indeed:

*Hands Nightwolf a copy of Abba Gold*

Please listen to that, and tell me which song is overrated.

They've had about 20 singles, 10 of them iconic songs in themselves. They do pop so well. I challenge you to name a better pop act.

They may be cliche, because they are so well known, and they've got so much hype because of Mamma Mia etc. but they are more than deserving of it.

*Hands Nightwolf a copy of Abba Gold*

Please listen to that, and tell me which song is overrated.

Pretty much all of them.