NEurope
Dog-amoto

Most overrated songs

Thread title speaks for itself, could provide some interesting debate.

What popular songs do you think are massively overrated? Maybe you even like them a bit but not to the same extent as most.

For me it would be

Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana

Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N Roses

Wonderwall - Oasis

Go.

Iron Maiden: Hallowed Be Thy Name

Red Hot Chili Peppers: Californication

I've gotta agree on sweet child o'mine. It was so overplayed in my high school (two years ago!) and I still can't bring myself to listen to guns n roses!

Angels - robbie williams

Britney spears - Oops I did it again.

For me it was a nice song when it was released. But by god let it go already. Britney in that song needs shooting.

Thread title speaks for itself, could provide some interesting debate.

What popular songs do you think are massively overrated? Maybe you even like them a bit but not to the same extent as most.

For me it would be

Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N Roses

Wonderwall - Oasis

Go.

YOU SHALL DIE!!!

And if anyone says anything related to Masterplan or "Dance of the Death", that guy SHALL DIE TOO!!!

All of Oasis and Take That.

Most underrated, the one from Tarzan where the monkeys destroy the camp site. Waking up to that in the morning, at a camp, blaring through the megaphones. I miss those days.

QFT. Maase, grow up.

Also:

Frank Sinatra's cover of New York, New York.

All of Beatles' hits before Rubber Soul.

Smells Like Teen Spirit = Not overrated, just very very very very VERY overplayed. So much so, I now sort of hate it.

Sweet Child O' Mine is a bit overrated, but that's my opinion on G'n'R as a whole to be honest.

No One Knows by Queens Of The Stone Age - Now, I love QOTSA, but this song was never as good as any of their other songs.

All My Life by Foo Fighters - Same as above.

In addition to Sweet Child O' Mine and Smells Like Teen Spirit, Welcome to the Jungle.

Any rap song. No offense to people who like rap though.

OK Songs fair enough but whole genre!!! You can't say a whole genre after hearing a few artists from it, it's not a true representation (yep, I like Hip-Hop).

As for me.... I'll have to come back to this.

Every number one since Bryan Adams’ "Id do anything for love." Just try and stop yourself singing it!

I'm a huge Maiden fan but "Can I play with madness" is dreadfully overrated, the music feels lazy for Maiden and I've never liked the lyrics much either! - maybe it's just me, I bet I come across loads more when I go for a wander with my music on :yay:

Iron Maiden: Hallowed Be Thy Name

I've never heard anyone say that's a good song.

I think a lot of the songs on here are actually quite good (and shame on Oxigen_Waste for slamming the Beatles early stuff) but have suffered from being overplayed.

Smells Like Teen Spirit = Not overrated, just very very very very VERY overplayed. So much so, I now sort of hate it.

Sweet Child O' Mine is a bit overrated, but that's my opinion on G'n'R as a whole to be honest.

No One Knows by Queens Of The Stone Age - Now, I love QOTSA, but this song was never as good as any of their other songs.

All My Life by Foo Fighters - Same as above.

Pretty much summed up my feelings there dude.

I'm not really a fan of g'n'r at all. But I won't go as far to say I detest them.

And No One Knows is the only song by qotsa that I don't like.

Does anyone know that rock song that is always almost played on 60's Vietnam-like war movies. Yes, that is overrated...Still looking for the name though.

ALL Beatles songs!

Sorry but I just don't get it!

Britney spears - Oops I did it again.
That's rated?!!

Every number one since Bryan Adams’ "Id do anything for love." Just try and stop yourself singing it!
Wasn't that Meatloaf?

You mean:

"Everything I do, I do it for you"....?

ALL Beatles songs!

Sorry but I just don't get it!

Shame on you ... :nono:

I've experienced a few songs that didn't really did anything for me, but after they had been played non-stop in the radio for two weeks, they actually started doing something for me: Igniting boiling in my bladder, shutting down my cerebral behaviourial center, etc.

Anything by bjork.. you can't enter the music thread on here without seeing a post about that bitch.

I've never heard anyone say that's a good song.

I think a lot of the songs on here are actually quite good (and shame on Oxigen_Waste for slamming the Beatles early stuff) but have suffered from being overplayed.

They always play it at the end of a gig when encoring, many say it's their best ----it's not, it's boring.

Anything by bjork.. you can't enter the music thread on here without seeing a post about that bitch.

wonder.jpg

I can't look at you with my eyes ever again. Seriously. If you can't at least respect her as good (she's hardly overrated, most mongos hate what they don't understand), GTFO my kitchen.

Imagine by John Lennon.

I'm a huge Lennon/McCartney fan, but this song is far too dull and repetitive to be in the top 5 of many "best song" polls.