Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The War/Panic Thread

Falcon_BlizZACK

But yes, dealing with Russia, if you want do destroy them, the only way to do it is a Massive attack of Nukes, and that would be too extreme, everyone in the world would go against England.

Alternatively, one massive, incredibly expensive substantial conventional attack...

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah right, i really believe they would disarm great weapons like that...

If i were a president or something like that, i would keep as much as possible, specially in these hard times...

Damn Russia...

Thank fuck your not President then eh?

Oh and by the way rather than referring to England please refer to it as the United Kingdom which consists of Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

It's not just England that has nukes.

I think your right, and the Russian's know it too. This whole Georgia incident is really bad stuff! They might well have some right to South Ossetia and Abkhazia, but the problem is that in their minds they also have right to Georgia as well. I can easily see them on Georgian soil before the end of the year (they technically are now, except the land wasn't under Georgian control).

I worry that this whole thing could explode in to WWIII, it just depends how greedy Russia decide to be and how strong they think they are.

And it begins...2008 South Ossetia War (wiki it)...Started yesterday.

I know youre a trainee teacher and I admire that career a lot. In fact I've been working in a secondary school for the past 13 years. I worked for 8 years with phyiscally impaired kids and the last five as a Behaviour Support Officer (I deal with the bad kids when teachers need me, I also deal with consequences thoughout the school and organise and take detention 5 days a week).

I deal with a lot of kids and some want to join the armed forces and I actively encourage it, they usually come and talk to me about it as I'm ex army and I had no regrets about serving - made a man out of me and kept me out trouble that I would have got into had I stayed home - a lot of my mates at that time got into serious shit.

That's great. I can just see all the teens on the forum running to the hills. I feel like I'm back in high school now you've said that. I'm being watched.

Thank fuck your not President then eh?

Oh and by the way rather than referring to England please refer to it as the United Kingdom which consists of Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland.

It's not just England that has nukes.

lol, yep, i mean that, i confund both easily.

and lol, its much better to have Nukes, if United Kingdom is attacked, would you like to respond or to take with more Nukes?

I never said I wouldn't partake in national service. I just think it's a silly policy for the government to take up, jailing people. Jailing, in itself, is a bad policy, since the governemnt has to pay to keep the people alive, and it isn't even that great a deterrant; Jail is better than living in poverty, especially when you are surrounded by conscientious objectors.

I'm pretty sure something insane like 35% of Russia's landmass is (essentially) uninhabited (Siberia etc).

You'd just have to bomb the big cities (Moscow etc.).

But yeah, we don't really stand a chance.

The first part we agree on then, prisons are completely useless. This is one occasion where i think they could do some good though, life in a military prison is harder than life in the military. Most of the little brats who would end up there wouldn't last a week before begging for a gun.

As for the second, i'm pretty sure we've made that mistake once in the past 10 years. Nobody wants another Afghanistan, especially not on that scale!

Yes, but Mcphee, i was actually talking about Afghanistan :X

But yes, dealing with Russia, if you want do destroy them, the only way to do it is a Massive attack of Nukes, and that would be too extreme, everyone in the world would go against England.

Nukes are useless in Afghanistan, there's nobody to nuke. All we can do is carry on what we are doing in the hope that it ends eventually.

And the UK can not and would not fire a single nuke at Russia, never mind enough to do that to them.

I think we are on the verge of world war 3 in georgia. The problem is that involves russian and oil and america supporting a clear ally. There is also the hundred other conflict right now. So I am expecting to be called up and am thinking how to fake an injury or find somewhare to run away. The problem with world wars is that every little dispute turns to war because the world police are occupied. So india versus pakistan, koreans, cambodia vs vietnam Iran vs Israel etc....

I think we are on the verge of world war 3 in georgia. The problem is that involves russian and oil and america supporting a clear ally. There is also the hundred other conflict right now. So I am expecting to be called up and am thinking how to fake an injury or find somewhare to run away. The problem with world wars is that every little dispute turns to war because the world police are occupied. So india versus pakistan, koreans, cambodia vs vietnam Iran vs Israel etc....

Yeah, i'm waiting on it as well. It just needs the Russians to take one step out of South Ossetia or Abkhazia and the Americans will be calling it an invasion of Georgia, rushing to help their allies. As soon as we have US tanks shooting Russian tanks we have World War III :(

I'm contemplating joining the army now before all the good jobs are taken :p

Do Georgians (Georgians :X) really think they have a chance AGAINST RUSSIA?

My god, they are dumb or what?

This is going to get so bad... so... so... bad...

I'd be in favour of a system whereby National Service is mandatory for those that leave school at 16. It would help the whole "teach them discipline" argument, which I agree with, but would avoid forcing those more academically (and therefore less likely to need the discipline) to partake in it.

And I can't understand people who say they would refuse to go. It would be the LAW, it would be a REQUIREMENT. Same way you have to pay taxes or MOT your car. You can't just run and hide. Not to mention, if it was brought in in a "desperate need for troops" situation you would simply be letting down your country, your family, yourself. I don't care if you think war is wrong killing is bad blahblah. Fact is, no matter what you think, there will be others willing to do it. And if we lose this hypothetical war, your beliefs will most likely be outright banned anyway, so what is the point? By refusing you are simply being extremely selfish, putting yourself over the needs of the rest of the country.

OH MY GOD... WORLD WAR III? Aren't you exagerating a little? Its a war between two countries, how the hell could the entire world join that war?

Well, i fucking hope not Europe is going to get in ashes very quickly.

I wouldn't worry about World War III if it ever did happen and America fired nukes at Russia then you wouldn't need to worry because everyone on this planet would die there would be no winners or losers - there would be no-one left.

Yeah you might argue people would survive in shelters etc but that wouldn't do much good if the planet was destroyed - trust me, if some twat presses the button it's over for everyone!

*... Looks at the thread, then smacks head against table*

And why are you smacking your head? are you a masochist?

You also might damage the table!

My hands were claiming to be resting upon the table, but the table clearly violated the ceasefire by sneakily causing mild numbing in my fingertips. I took immediate and measured actions to pre-empt any further attacks.

Ah pre-emptive strike I like your thinking!

Yes, great merge, Admins/Mods

Okay, now we can talk freely about WAR!!!

I admit im very excited (i know, im kinda crazy being excited of a War, but i believe the chances of my death are low, so i'l maintain optimist about that and continue my speech)

Georgians and Russians are ready to create a big battle, and this is going to be very bad, both countries were stupid to begin with, in my opinion.

Now let's hope this doesn't grow to all Europe, and possibly World (Overeaction, of course, two countries like that couldn't create a WWII, unless the terrorists aproach this war in their advantage, Urgh, creepy)

Yes, great merge, Admins/Mods

Okay, now we can talk freely about WAR!!!

I admit im very excited (i know, im kinda crazy being excited of a War, but i believe the chances of my death are low, so i'l maintain optimist about that and continue my speech)

Georgians and Russians are ready to create a big battle, and this is going to be very bad, both countries were stupid to begin with, in my opinion.

Now let's hope this doesn't grow to all Europe, and possibly World (Overeaction, of course, two countries like that couldn't create a WWII, unless the terrorists aproach this war in their advantage, Urgh, creepy)

Go to bed mate 14 year olds really have very little concept about current affairs. Seriously - go to bed!

OH MY GOD... WORLD WAR III? Aren't you exagerating a little? Its a war between two countries, how the hell could the entire world join that war?

Well, i fucking hope not Europe is going to get in ashes very quickly.

Do you know how WWII started? Austria went to war with Serbia because some Serbs assasinated the Austrian Prince. Austria would have crushed Serbia, but other nations got invloved and the whole thing spiraled out of control. The Russia/Georgia situation is similar, Russia are powerful but Georgia are well connected and valuable to certain western nations (mainly the USA).

We could, hypothetically speaking, see the US send troops to Georgia to protect their assets. That's the worry, if the US do and it results in fighting between US and Russian forces then it could result in war between the US and Russia. From there everything begins to spiral out of control again.

Portugal won't necessarily remain neutral. If European nations start joining a war like that then you won't be far behind.

I'd be in favour of a system whereby National Service is mandatory for those that leave school at 16. It would help the whole "teach them discipline" argument, which I agree with, but would avoid forcing those more academically (and therefore less likely to need the discipline) to partake in it.

But your mistake there is thinking that just because you're smart, it means you'll need less discipline. Which isn't always the case. It kinda seems like you're implying that just because you're not academically sound, you're going to cause trouble, as well.

And I can't understand people who say they would refuse to go. It would be the LAW, it would be a REQUIREMENT. Same way you have to pay taxes or MOT your car. You can't just run and hide.

There's quite a bit of difference between not paying your MOT and going to war.

Not to mention, if it was brought in in a "desperate need for troops" situation you would simply be letting down your country, your family, yourself.

So, now its the person letting the country down? What about the country letting the person down? Now, I'm looking for a reason, and not one person in this thread has given a reason of why we should be going to war, other than because the other country is firing at us. If thats the case, then why are they going to war?!

I don't care if you think war is wrong killing is bad blahblah.

How do you expect other people to respect your beliefs if you don't respect theirs. Its for that reason alone that people are still bombing each other to shit without a second's thought.

Fact is, no matter what you think, there will be others willing to do it. And if we lose this hypothetical war, your beliefs will most likely be outright banned anyway, so what is the point? By refusing you are simply being extremely selfish, putting yourself over the needs of the rest of the country.

But then a country is never going to war. Its the people in that country. And you're saying that one person's view doesn't mean all that much against the whole, which in effect makes the whole idea of a war pointless. Its just people killing people. If thats the case, then each and every person in each and every country is pretty much expendable, right? How can a person possibly go to war and defend a country if its country doesn't defend them first?

Just for a bit of background history: My great-grandfather was fighting for us country (this country) during world war two. It pretty much changed him, and he was never the same since. I've heard stories from my grandmother about him (as he died when I was young, so didn't get to meet him much) and he really did see a lot of horrible, horrible things. Even after the war, years after, he was still affected by it.

People have gone through a great deal over the years, and have stood by their beliefs. Martin Luther King, for example. They have gone through crap, so that we could live, but more importantly so that we could learn. If we had to go through a black-rights movement all over again, then have we actually learned anything? My point being, people have died going to war in the past so that the future generation can have a much safer future. For what my great-grandfather did, I will be eternally grateful. But, I'd imagine he'd be angry if he knew that years down the line that his country would be in danger again, belittling his contribution. Is it always just going to be war after war?

If World War II started like that, THEN WHY THE HELL ARE WE MESSING WITH THEM? Do we wanna start another world war? Urgh...

Okay, this is entertaining (not in a good way), i hope this gets solved soon, but i'l be looking tomorrow morning at Google News to see if there's any new problem

If World War II started like that, THEN WHY THE HELL ARE WE MESSING WITH THEM? Do we wanna start another world war? Urgh...

Because some people have beliefs that they feel are worth dying for. And whilst these people remain, conflicts will always occur.

Do you know how WWII started? Austria went to war with Serbia because some Serbs assasinated the Austrian Prince. Austria would have crushed Serbia, but other nations got invloved and the whole thing spiraled out of control. The Russia/Georgia situation is similar, Russia are powerful but Georgia are well connected and valuable to certain western nations (mainly the USA).

We could, hypothetically speaking, see the US send troops to Georgia to protect their assets. That's the worry, if the US do and it results in fighting between US and Russian forces then it could result in war between the US and Russia. From there everything begins to spiral out of control again.

Portugal won't necessarily remain neutral. If European nations start joining a war like that then you won't be far behind.

Just to point out that that was how WWI got started, not WWII, as that started with the invasion of Poland by the Germans.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!