NEurope
ReZourceman

Roller Coaster Tycoon 2

Hello guize. I love this game. Anyway, so Ive been playing through it again as Ive never actually completed, every level.

Im onto the Expert parks now but I have hit a slight snag. Now this is on one of the expansion packs. I have both so Im not certain which one it is...but I think its Time Twister, anyway so its the Expert park "Oasis" called "Mirage Madness" basically, Ive attempted it twice now and the same thing has happened - no one comes to the park. Ive tried, building one of each ride from every category, making everything free, advertising etc, but nothings worked.

Is this just a glitch that I cant change? If you've got one with no glitch can you save one and send it to me?

Thanks guys!

(Or general RCT2 talk...superior to RCT3)

I fucking agree that RCT2 beats the crap outta 3.

By a long shot. Anyway, do you have the fully patched version? I think there might be some issues with the original release if my mind is working this morning.

Ah.....yes I do not have the patches. Hmmm. If I patch it, will it overwrite any saves/screw the settings. Ie it says "X scenario, completed by ReZ on X at company value X" would this still appear? if you know.

Thanks!

Just take a back up of your save files (i think they're sat in My documents) and over write if it fucks over.

Ah.....yes I do not have the patches. Hmmm. If I patch it, will it overwrite any saves/screw the settings. Ie it says "X scenario, completed by ReZ on X at company value X" would this still appear? if you know.

Thanks!

It shouldn't wipe your saves with the patches, it didn't for me anyway. Just take a back-up of your saves from the RCT2 file in Program Files or wherever you set the saves to go to and replace if they get wiped.

And i agree RCT2 owns RCT3 10-1. RCT3 just looks plain naff and like a cartoon than a themepark game.

I quite liked RTC3. However the strategy bit of it is abit lacking compared ot theme park.

There aren't nearly enough management games today. In the olden days it was great.

RCT2 is a awesome game, i really didn't like RCT3. It was the look of it that i didn't like.

RCT3 sucked because they took away the ability to make your coasters go through/underground.

RCT3 sucked b'cos it was out-sourced, should have stayed with Chris Sawyer even if it didn't have all the fancy graphics.

I always preferred the original. Didnt really give 2 and 3 a chance though i suppose. RC 2 was £1 at gamestation other day so i really should have picked it up

RCT2 is far superior to 1. It changed everything that needed changing, and kept everything that was perfect. + More colours. :)

RCT2 is far superior to 1. It changed everything that needed changing, and kept everything that was perfect. + More colours. :)

It also added new stuff which made the game better, more realism as well. Which is why i prefer RCT 2 over 1 and 3 anytime. RCT 3 looks like something that belongs in Disneyland.

(Which is ironically a theme park, lol. But I get what you're saying and agree. Couldnt have been more disapointed with "RCT3")

I agree RCT 2 is the best-ever theme park/roller coaster game, but I do prefer the scenarios in the original RCT.

There aren't nearly enough management games today. In the olden days it was great.

Agreed. Where are they all?! It used to be such a big genre now it has dried up, much like point and click adventures I guess.

Does the original Rollercoaster Tycoon work on vista? Sure I have a copy knocking around somewhere!

I'd have to agree, management games are my favourite game genre, and there's none being released anymore! It's shocking.

I like RCT3...am I the only one that does? And you can tunnel etc, there was an official patch released that let you do so. I play it in marathon runs every few months and then find it boring again.

I always preferred the original. Didnt really give 2 and 3 a chance though i suppose. RC 2 was £1 at gamestation other day so i really should have picked it up

2 is just like 1 but better, it's as simple as that

My Milton Keynes Mega Park will nearly be ready to download, cos it's so fucking awesome. I recommend anyone with RCT2 download it when I make it available. Its bad ass.

It was funny though, yesterday I was building away and noticed my rating had dropped to zero. There is a ring path, going around my Egypt, Space, and Ice Mountain zones, and for some reason there were literally hundreds of people walking between one stretch of the paths, all saying they were lost and couldn't find the entrance.

Admitadly the entrance was AGES away, but all they needed to do was turn where they were walking back on themselves. Anyway built some info centres along the path and reduced the maps to free (cos I have over £4M) but didn't work.

So I had to build a relief park all across the park (underground for win) anyway and it was hilarious, all these people walked through, my number of guests went from

to

1,200 in about 2 minutes. Literally hilarious. Then my rating shot back to 999.

2 is just like 1 but better, it's as simple as that

I agree but at the same time I just couldn't get into 2 like I did 1. The interface having bits move around was a bit disorientating. Maybe now that I haven't played in a while I can get into it. Or it could be what I call the "Timesplitters 3 Effect" where I played the prequel so much the series loses its charm for me.

They're around, they just have the words "football" and "manager" tacked to them.

The original was awesome, got Loopin' Landscapes for it also. I really should dig it out.

RCT3 sucked because they took away the ability to make your coasters go through/underground.

This is bullshit. How could they remove such a sexy prominent piece of the sexiness?

I must try digging my copy out somewhere...

I havn't been on this in about a month, last thing i remember doing was building an Egyptian themed park with different areas representing other parts of the world. Made it nice and confined complete with plants, water and trees in the first area of the park, which i call the square with 2 corkscrew coasters and a info area containing the first batch of food and sovenier stores.

Send me the file, I'd love to see it. (if you want to of course)

Erm....not sure how to do it though. Email

[email protected]

kthxbai.

If i remember to do so, i shall dig it out and send it over. It will have to be the main game file, as i got a standard base for each world i do and work on a different design each time i start a new game.

@ Flameboy - unfortunately, RCT 1 doesn't work on vista as far as I'm aware. It did work for me which sucks as I have it and the expansions sitting unused now as they can't be played on any of my PCs (won't run on vista or XP from what I've tried).