N-Europe

Red Steel 2 (£4.95 @Zavvi)

blender

I pre-orderd Red Steel 2 (with Wii MotionPlus) (with Play.com Exclusive Pre-Order Pack) (Nintendo Wii) and I might of beep my order up

I did not beep my order becuse Red Steel 2 (with Wii MotionPlus) (with Play.com Exclusive Pre-Order Pack) (Nintendo Wii) Packing: 24/03/2010

Edited by canand
Automerged Doublepost

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

give us a some well selling "CORE" 3th party games that isnt named resident evil or call of duty.

Hah, ok, so now there's a few conditions. You argued that Core games didn't sell well, not 3rd party and non-Call of Duty or Resident Evil titles. Anyhow, the first Red Steel sold very well as did Monster Hunter 3. Sonic and the Secret Rings has done well over a million units too. Furthermore, Madworld sold well seeing how niche of a title it was, and that's not even counting the games that have made a profit.

Back to Red Steel 2. For those who already own MotionPlus, CD-Wow UK have it on sale for £32 with free shipping.

Hah, ok, so now there's a few conditions. You argued that Core games didn't sell well, not 3rd party and non-Call of Duty or Resident Evil titles. Anyhow, the first Red Steel sold very well as did Monster Hunter 3. Sonic and the Secret Rings has done well over a million units too. Furthermore, Madworld sold well seeing how niche of a title it was, and that's not even counting the games that have made a profit.

Back to Red Steel 2. For those who already own MotionPlus, CD-Wow UK have it on sale for £32 with free shipping.

I am geting Red Steel 2 (with Wii MotionPlus) (with Play.com Exclusive Pre-Order Pack) from play.com

Red-Steel-2-Pre-Order-Pack.jpg

Yea it would be pretty unfair if we take nintendos titles alongside the 3th party efforts. Not that i blame the gamers for not buying some 3th party games(dead space extraction, evryone wanted a 3th person horrorgame alare4 and instead we got a dumped down rail shooter. not to say that it was bad but allot of games expected more from the first EA effort). But i think if we ever wanted a assassins creed spinoff on the wii, a bioshock or even a non onrails dead space than the 3th partys need proof that core games from 3th partys can do well on the wii if they put some effort in it. And all those game you mentioned are more than a year old with the exception of monster hunter tri.

I think that if nintendo losses the majority of the 3th parties like EA, Ubisoft and capcom they would seriously have a big problem. Nintendo cant make a core game every 2 months year in year out.

Edited by marcel

Gah, envy. Australia needs a store like Play or Zavvi.

I'm surprised you don't have them. Then again, the secret of those sites is that they are based in the Channel Islands - Jersey for Play and Guernsey for HMV (don't know where Zavvi is based, I just used to go in the shops). The equivalent would be if Australia owned some islands off New Zealand, or something like that.

Does Australia use PAL?

Thankfully, yes. Although, Play doesn't ship to Australia and Zavvi charge some big shipping fee making the lower price irrelevant.

I'm surprised you don't have them. Then again, the secret of those sites is that they are based in the Channel Islands - Jersey for Play and Guernsey for HMV (don't know where Zavvi is based, I just used to go in the shops). The equivalent would be if Australia owned some islands off New Zealand, or something like that.

Hmm, yeah. Good point.

Metacritic has the game up on 82% today. :)

Well what can i say? It's 10x more brilliant then Red Steel, actually i'm pleased i sold that now, as this just makes a mockery of that!

Graphically outstanding, seriously stylish, very very cool!

Motionplus obviously works a treat here but still finding it a bit of a swinging like a mentalist game until i know exactly what i'm doing.

What i have noticed however is how fast the missions flow, it seems super quick unless thats just me...not amazingly varied but i'm right at the start, so i'm expecting this to get even better...

Overall i'm pretty impressed! I know i have the game now, but if this was released earlier it would have made a much better impact on the Wii &Motionplus etc..It seems very polished and shows exactly why you bought a Wii in the first place!

This would have blown me away at Wii's launch, but what will be, will be! Play more later but my arms hurts now!

Is anyone geting this geting Red Steel 2 (with Wii MotionPlus) (with Play.com Exclusive Pre-Order Pack) from play.com

Red-Steel-2-Pre-Order-Pack.jpg

and mine is Packing: 25/03/2010

Yes, mine has been shipped today! Stallion got his this morning and is busy playing it now... however he got his without Motion Plus. Seems the non-Motion Plus ones were shipped from Play.com yesterday and the Motion Plus a day later, today.

I'm hoping it will be with me tomorrow. Stallion did go through an unboxing with me earlier over the phone and he said the special pack was awesome. When I get mine I'll do some decent pics and upload them on here.

those folks at IGN werent kidding when they say it almost looks as good as a (cel shaded) 360 game. I can hardly see a jaggy on my hdtv that really bothers me.

And motion plus just wow, its as fast as butter and the pointer is not jittery like in the first game.

makes me wonder if the next zelda is going first person, if they handeled it like red steel 2 (with some tweaks ofcourse) i wouldnt mind it at all.

EDIT:

And for the people who like to waggle(shake the wiimote) than your out of luck you need to swing, the game even says dont waggle with the female skank animation if your trying to.

Edited by marcel

Hi all, I got mine today and its very nice, the art book is better than The Conduit and HOTD ones and the bullet is a nice touch it comes in its own lovely box. I just wish the box of the pre order bundle had the red steel logo down the spine (it's just plane).

As for the game I'm loving every second very nice cell shading and the frame rate really holds up well, I've had a few problems when you swing your Wii mote every now and then it drags the curser round instead of drawing the sword but this has only happened a few times. I need to give it a rest now for a few hours as I'm suffering from RED STEEL ARM :laughing:

I got my copy today and played for an hour or so and I have mixed feelings at the moment.

Visually the game is fantastic, really love the art style that Ubisoft chose to use. The movement of your character while looking around is really smooth and responsive and thats all the positives I have at this time.

I hate the door loading screens, some of which are stupidly long, its like playing the old Resident Evil games again. :D So far the game feels a little samey in that you enter an area, kill bad guys with your sword, open door, enter area, kill bad guys with your sword... hopefully things will pick up.

My main gripe is with the actual swordplay controls. Im finding I have to do large motions to get a swing to register. Its not bad if I play when standing up but I do my gaming just chilling on my bed. I also hurt my shoulder a few weeks back so swinging around the wiimote wildly like a samurai isn't an option at the moment. :(

Yeah standing up is a must for those big swings I tried to do them sitting down but it really doesn't work i tend to sit when running around collecting gold and smashing things up and generally doing the mission's but the second a few enemy's come onscreen its time to stand up lol My arm does hurt this morning, I can feel the Red Steel Burn hahahaha

Hero-of-Time: Have you looked in the options menu? There should be an option where you can set how strong motions you need to make. I believe it's called "Swing Strength" and from there you can choose from "Athletic", "Regular" and "Relaxed", with "Relaxed" needing only short, more relaxed swings.

If my Red Steel 2 (with Wii MotionPlus) (with Play.com Exclusive Pre-Order Pack got posted yesterday would I get it today?

Pre-ordered games usually come next day from Play.com - as it'll be in a bigger box due to MotionPlus and your special pre-order pack it'll probably come by courier this afternoon, as when something weighs over a certain amount of grams, Play have to send them via courier.