Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

The Dark Knight Discussion (Spoilers)

ReZourceman

Is it just me, or did the Joker suggest two different ways he obtained his horrendous scars in the movie?

yeah, i loved that aspect, he seemed a lot more messed up, like he didnt know himself, or he was just a lying sone of a bitch.

edit

ok what? its fine not to like pirates of the carabian as a movie, but to not think depp was good in them? tell me, have you suffered head trama at all?

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i loved that aspect, he seemed a lot more messed up, like he didnt know himself, or he was just a lying sone of a bitch.

Phew. You're actually the first person who I've talked to who agrees with me there. I initially thought I wasn't paying attention, but at least other people picked it up too.

Apart from in Edward Scissorhands. And Sweeney Todd.

Those movies were shit.

Is it just me, or did the Joker suggest two different ways he obtained his horrendous scars in the movie?

He did. It was summarised by people here that he was insane and didn't know his own past.

My theory is that Nolan is full of shit and didn't want to stick to anything.

Those movies were shit.

He did. It was summarised by people here that he was insane and didn't know his own past.

My theory is that Nolan is full of shit and didn't want to stick to anything.

I don't understand why you insist on wanting an origin?

Part of the reason he worked well was because he didn't have the obligatory "Jack into vat of chemicals".

It's far more comic accurate to not have an origin, as Batman (in the comics) doesn't truely know it, even.

Would have made the movie way worse, taking LONGER to develop him as a character.

You know, Chris hasn't said that he's going to make another one

Just wanted to hammer that home before I stroll in here, and see another

"X to play X in TDK sequel" post.

he hasnt said it, but its sort of implied, don't you think, i remeber a while ago hearing trillogy, and he left an open end, and the fact that he confirmed twoface as dead surgests hes got a sequal on the card, i mean, why bother disscussing two faces fate if its never going to come up?

He didn't. It says in the script something like "Lies dead, neck broken in several places" or something to that affect, and then Aaron Eckhart confirmed it blah blah blah.

Christian Bale signed on for three films, and the studio will obviously want a sequel. But it doesn't mean much before we get word from the Nolans.

Christian Bale signed on for three films, and the studio will obviously want a sequel. But it doesn't mean much before we get word from the Nolans.

Even if the Nolan's aren't interested, that probably won't stop the studio. Granted, the next film probably wouldn't be half as good without them, but it's probably going to be history repeating itself. Batman (Burton), Batman Returns (Burton), Batman Forever (Schumacher).

But then again, we never saw a Titanic sequel, did we? :laughing:

He didn't. It says in the script something like "Lies dead, neck broken in several places" or something to that affect, and then Aaron Eckhart confirmed it blah blah blah.

look in the interview with the guy who plays two face, he talks about how he asked nolan if two face was dead, and was told yes.

i realise this isnt confirmation, but if we dont get a sequal, i will buy a hat and eat it.

look in the interview with the guy who plays two face, he talks about how he asked nolan if two face was dead, and was told yes.

i realise this isnt confirmation, but if we dont get a sequal, i will buy a hat and eat it.

I don't understand your logic. That confirms nothing other than what it confirms. It doesnt lead or give off any kind of speculation in re to a sequel. Its for TDK only.

Well they spent almost a whole movie on Batman, why not a mention on his apparent biggest nemesis?

They did mention him, right at the end of the film. There's then a few months between Begins and TDK where The Joker is growing in prominence in Gotham City.

His "origin" probably happened at the same time as Batman Begins was happening. By the end of that film he'd created enough trouble to get Gordon to take note of him and as him to look in to the situation. By the time The Dark Knight rolls around The Joker has grown to be a significant force in Gotham City.

We don't see an origin, but we do see his rise to power. He goes from not being worth mentioning, to being a minor problem for Batman to deal with, to ripping off banks and finally becomes the guy the criminal underworld look to to deal with thier Batman problem.

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!