N-Europe

Dead Rising: Chop Til You Drop (BEST NAME EVER?!)

Boomstick

What sort of miracles do you guys expect Capcom to produce out of Wii hardware? I can't fathom this concept that its ok for Nintendo to release inferior hardware but 3rd parties are expected to make superior software out of it.

I think we can all agree that if the Wii were up to snuff, Dead Rising Wii would be the definitive version, no?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What sort of miracles do you guys expect Capcom to produce out of Wii hardware? I can't fathom this concept that its ok for Nintendo to release inferior hardware but 3rd parties are expected to make superior software out of it.

I think we can all agree that if the Wii were up to snuff, Dead Rising Wii would be the definitive version, no?

Definitely! I'm not blaming CAPCOM for it not looking as good as DR360, but for not looking as good as RE4. I would say if the Wii hardware matched the PS3/360 hardware the vast majority of games would be superior on Wii as the control scheme - especially for shooters - makes the games much more playable.

Definitely! I'm not blaming CAPCOM for it not looking as good as DR360, but for not looking as good as RE4. I would say if the Wii hardware matched the PS3/360 hardware the vast majority of games would be superior on Wii as the control scheme - especially for shooters - makes the games much more playable.

It's difficult :hmm: If the Wii was as powerful as the other consoles, it would have cost significantly more and would therefore be unlikely to have been as popular as it has been.. things could have ended up how they did for the Gamecube and perhaps the XBOX360 and PS3 would have seen Dead Rising and Nintendo's console wouldn't have seen this game in any form!

The Wii can't handle the original version, that's obvious.. but Capcom could have left it at that but they are creating a specific version and I, as a Wii owner, am at least grateful that we are getting something rather than nothing!

And who knows.. perhaps the Wii 2 will be as powerful as the current HD consoles while the other companies push on.. if that was the case then we could well be seeing ports of existing games a few years down the line that the current Wii can't handle :heh: ..but then could Nintendo rest on always being basically a generation behind?

The Wii has done more than anyone ever anticipated.. for Nintendo to go from last place to first by a massive distance is incredible and noone could have predicted that!

I am satisfied with the Wii thus far and am interested in playing Dead Rising.. I have never played the original anyway :heh:

But are sony and MS really going to release more consoles around the same time as the Wii HD comes out? The PS3 doesn't need any sort of spec bump and probably isn't going to for years. Its not that the technology hasn't improved, its just that so few games would be able to have budgets that would let them take advantage of that much more power that it wouldn't be worth it. And the 360 doesn't really need an update but if we do see one, its not going to be huge. Nintendo on the other hand is missing out on quite a few multi platform titles because the Wii isn't as powerful and so as soon as it makes sense to do so, they will update their hardware to match the other consoles. I imagine consoles will for the longest time hover around the $100 - $150 mark because the companies have no reason to update their hardware, but can't charge that much for out of date hardware.

^ exactly. If Capcom had designed a new engine for this game that they would use to build the game from the ground up, then I'm sure it'd look better and allow for more zombies on screen. Hell, they could have taken a leaf out of No More Heroes and Mad World's books and gone more stylised, i.e. perhaps cel-shaded as that would have allowed for decent graphics and more enemies. Still, I haven't played Dead Rising on the 360 so I may give this a go. But I won't be buying it at £40.

But to be fair, they have no guarantee that this is going to sell well. Gamers are shunning it and boycotting it because they favour the 360's visuals and its abundance of zombies, and the expanded market may not be interested. They'd invest millions in a new engine and actual development from the ground up rather than using existing tools, and probably wouldn't make back their costs.

If it was Resident Evil, it'd definitely be worth their while.

Capcom should have made brand new engine build from the ground up than using RE4 engine build with the Dead Rising 360 code

I'm not so sure. Its all well and good HVS and Capcom producing impressive engines for games, but neither The Conduit or MH3 seem to have masses of enemies. All the associated AI, animation routines, etc of large scale numbers, would Wii really cope?

Now maybe with a brand new engine a few more characters could be added, but would it be worth it?

But are sony and MS really going to release more consoles around the same time as the Wii HD comes out? The PS3 doesn't need any sort of spec bump and probably isn't going to for years. Its not that the technology hasn't improved, its just that so few games would be able to have budgets that would let them take advantage of that much more power that it wouldn't be worth it. And the 360 doesn't really need an update but if we do see one, its not going to be huge. Nintendo on the other hand is missing out on quite a few multi platform titles because the Wii isn't as powerful and so as soon as it makes sense to do so, they will update their hardware to match the other consoles. I imagine consoles will for the longest time hover around the $100 - $150 mark because the companies have no reason to update their hardware, but can't charge that much for out of date hardware.

I'm not convinced yet that this generation will be any longer than the previous ones. The PS3 can't make games look as pretty as the high end PCs - that's a fact, so in a way the 360 and PS3 are already 'losing ground' when it comes to graphics.

In a couple of years PC technology will be even more advanced and that will drive the need and want for better graphics on home consoles as it always has.

What's more all three of the console manufacturers will already be planning their next console and those plans will have been on the drawing board before the current generation even hit the streets. It'll just be a matter of who jumps in first which will then lead to the usual 'arms race'.

Whilst the Wii is selling like it is I don't think Nintendo will be rushing into a WiiHD, I think they'll just release the follow up alongside the PS4/XBOX3. I also believe the follow up to Wii will match the others in terms of graphics - it'll be like the SNES was to the NES.

I never played the 360 version but wanted to but I have just pre-ordered this game (£25) regardless of the previews I've read telling me it's not as good as the 360 version or this feature...has been cut out.

I've heard that 'Dead Space' will be coming out sometime for the Wii so I expect the same type of stuff that I've read already regarding 'Dead Rising'. "Oh this game was so much better on the 360 or PS3. Look what they have cut out, don't the graphics look so 480p....."

I've heard that 'Dead Space' will be coming out sometime for the Wii so I expect the same type of stuff that I've read already regarding 'Dead Rising'. "Oh this game was so much better on the 360 or PS3. Look what they have cut out, don't the graphics look so 480p....."
That all depends on the effort they put into Dead Space though doesn't it! If it goes the way of Dead Rising Wii, then yeah expect much of the same! If it goes the way of Resi 4 Wii then you'll see many a happy forumer and plenty of praise for EA!

I know the game is getting slated across the board, and I've said bad stuff about it as well, but i'm curious to see some reviews for it to see how it's playing. I didn't play the original on the 360, and if I had to pick out of the two I'd pick that one based off of what I've seen, but this could still provide some short term senseless fun.

I know the game is getting slated across the board, and I've said bad stuff about it as well, but i'm curious to see some reviews for it to see how it's playing. I didn't play the original on the 360, and if I had to pick out of the two I'd pick that one based off of what I've seen, but this could still provide some short term senseless fun.

I'm keeping my eyes peeled for the reviews as it's out on the 24th of Feb in the US and thr 19th in Japan. I'll be interested to see what people say.