N-Europe

Wii Sports Resort

Ashley

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even the musics are less memorable in that one.

..don't get him started :eek: ..I still think the first Donkey Kong Country is the best (but it was the only one I played back in the day.. the sequels were played through last year :heh:)

As for Wii Sports Resort, I can't remember exactly where the comparison with Wave Race was made, but I'm sure someone else remembers :smile:

They said it was made by the Wave Race team, not that it would be better. I have a feeling that that means someone in EAD 2 (I think its 2 that does the Wii prefix games and animal crossing) used to be on the Wave Race team.

..hmm.. I guess this is probably the story I remember:

When it was reveled that there would be a Jet Ski game within Wii Sports Resort, many were disappointed that WaveRace looked like never returning in its own right. But fans should keep an eye on it, as it has been revealed that the original team behind the N64 game (the version still deemed on the whole as the best in the series) has been working hard on the Jet Ski side of the new version of Wii Sports.

According to Yeguch-san of the team, speaking at the special Nintendo conference where Pikmin 3 was confirmed, the WaveRace 64 team will be making that section of Wii Sports Resort far better than the N64 game.

After several fans were disappointed in the GameCube version of WaveRace, this certainly comes as great news...

I probably read more into it than I should.. but I'll be amazed if it is far better than the N64 game (even though I think Wave Race: Blue Storm is even better :yay:)

I probably read more into it than I should.. but I'll be amazed if it is far better than the N64 game (even though I think Wave Race: Blue Storm is even better :yay:)

GTFO!!! The N64 version is impossibly sublime! I liked the sequel but it's not a patch on the original imo ::shrug:

Even the musics are less memorable in that one.

... :(

I thought I liked you. I'll have to reconsider that now.

GTFO!!! The N64 version is impossibly sublime! I liked the sequel but it's not a patch on the original imo ::shrug:

Yeah, I think Waverace 64 is the better of the two. The GC one rocks and is a great sequel (Rob Haywood was in it!) but I think the original edges it.

I loved Waverace 64. But I have to say that Blue Storm is THE most underated gamecube, in my top 5 games, and it STILL holds up today!!

I think Waverace 64 still holds up today. :heh:

I think both Wave Race games are still fantastic (I'm not including the Gameboy game in that as I only ever played it a little before.. and that was more than 10 years ago :heh:)

It's great to hear that you share my love of Blue Storm, dazzybee :smile: I agree that it is completely underappreciated.. I think it is amazing :yay: It goes against the trend a bit for me as 1080 Snowboarding on the N64 is better than Avalanche, Mario Kart 64 is superior to Double Dash and I basically find most N64 iterations to be greater than the Gamecube sequels.. but Wave Race: Blue Storm is the exception : peace:

I think I might play it later when I'm having a break from revision :heh:

I never took to waverace althoguh I only played the one on gamecube... just bought it extremely cheap.. only played it one or 2 times.. I;m not sure what it was but nothing inspired me to go back.. the graphics were very good but it was tough to control.

I never took to waverace althoguh I only played the one on gamecube... just bought it extremely cheap.. only played it one or 2 times.. I;m not sure what it was but nothing inspired me to go back.. the graphics were very good but it was tough to control.

The original was better, I remember the first time I played it, it was mindblowing. the Water was stunning and the physics were superb. I used to just enjoy doing the free races to just experience battling against the waves.

• 2 weeks later...

Iwata

With Wii MotionPlus, people might think that we've just tacked on a gyro sensor, but in fact it was a product that necessitated a huge amount of trial and error, whether it was collecting Pokémotion shop displays, making steel hooks and breaking the Wii Remote or simmering the components in a pressure cooker.

Iwata

So it was a bit like fitting the plug with suspension.

Wakitani

The technical term is a "floating structure". We used the trial equipment to carry out tests on that structure and the rate of temporary disconnection declined dramatically. So we felt we were on the way to solving the contact problem. But then, just at that point…

Iwata

What happened at that point?

Wakitani

The connection hooks used to lock Wii MotionPlus into the holes at the base of the Wii Remote snapped.

Iwata

I see… Up to that point, the accessory had been connected in three places: by the plug and the two hooks. But once you'd redesigned the plug so that it was a floating structure, too much strain ended up being placed on the two hooks.

Wakitani

That's exactly it. So we thought there was no solution except to reinforce the strength of the hooks.

Ito

That's why we used steel hooks.

Iwata

Steel hooks?

Wakitani

But we went a bit over the top in reinforcing the hooks' strength...

Takamoto

...And this time the holes in the Wii Remote broke!