Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Wii Sports Resort

Ashley

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was (semi) joking (although I did find it fun). I'm a little worried now about this game...I was expecting 10 NEW, much more complete games! Sword fighting will be okay, frisbee, the same, I expect JetSki to be great fun, Golf will be ignored thanks to Tiger Woods and Table Tennis has the potential to be really good, but ONLY if they let me control the character!!

I though the plane game would be in it! Maybe volleyball, beach football, swimming...I don't know! But not GOLF!!!

Yeah same. Was really expecting new games to get put on this instead of using the older ones. Slightly worried that they just ported the games over and made sure that WM+ would be integrated in properly. Just seems really lazy. I had better expectations for the games and all since the only ones I want to try is the Sword and Jet-Ski games. Aside from that, rest are pretty meh.

Can only hope that they upped the amount of games they're including.

Golf:

Hopefully we don't have to play the same courses AGAIN. I mean, Wii Sports didn't even have any new ones, they were all just the same courses from Golf on the NES. And the control better be much better.

Table Tennis:

The one in Wii play wasn't exactly Table Tennis, more like Pong as someone else said, I expect this to be table tennis.

Also, I thought the game had 10 games, not 8.

We've seen

Jet Skiing

Sword Fighting

Frisbee

golf

table tennis

That would mean there are 5 more games, not 3. Or did they say there would be 8 instead of 10 at one point?

At least it looks like there will be multiple venues for sword fighting now.

Edited by Emasher

They have to include at least one old one to show how much they've improved it. I think that Golf is a good choice as the controls were limited (no spin or anything) and putting is terrible.

I wouldn't be surprised to see another Tennis game included :hmm: It would be nice if it was done well and had more options than Wii Sports Tennis (such as singles matches, tournaments etc..) but in all honesty, E3 can't come soon enough because Nintendo have not been at their blistering best for a couple of years and they need to start showing some games!

Also, one thing I noticed last night when I was browsing GoNintendo..

difference.jpg

What is going on with the water? Why go out of your way to make it look worse?

Edited by nekunando

They have to include at least one old one to show how much they've improved it. I think that Golf is a good choice as the controls were limited (no spin or anything) and putting is terrible.
Not when you're a Putting master! I'll Put from anywhere!

difference.jpg

What is going on with the water? Why go out of your way to make it look worse?

Think the water's changed because instead of a relaxing tranquil pond, we're now supposed to be by the sea.

But that doesn't meant they can't use nice sea effects like Sunshine/WaveRave, so there's no excuse!

They had better not have just slightly remodeled the courses as that screen suggests!

Edited by Retro_Link

I think its maybe a links course like Retro_Link says seeing as the trees are different. Even so, the water definitely looks worse than it should... what's the point in downgrading stuff? At the very worst, everything should look equal to Wii Sports.

..they've changed the clothes on the Mii so I guess the graphics had to take a hit somewhere else :eek:

We all remember the beautiful water in Wave Race: Blue Storm.. what are the chances of the Jet Ski game in this looking like that..? I bet they use the same water that is in the golf :heh:

Edited by nekunando

As Retro said, it's next to the sea.

I'm 99% sure the water looks the same on the original for those courses by the ocean. (Can't find any pics....typed in Wii Sports and it was soccer mom central on google images).

Anyway, strange inclusion but will certainly entice those wanting more from the original title. (Probably everyone!)

This title is clearly going to be HUGE.

As Retro said, it's next to the sea.

I'm 99% sure the water looks the same on the original for those courses by the ocean. (Can't find any pics....typed in Wii Sports and it was soccer mom central on google images).

Yeah think you're right, I seem to remember the water/sea on holes 8 and 9 looking like the above.

And it changed for the river course aswell...

golf.jpg

The water in Jet Skiing looked pretty good in the first video,

wii-sports-resort.jpg

The water in Jet Skiing looked pretty good in the first video,

wii-sports-resort.jpg

Just the sight of that bridge tires me out from all the jogging I've done across it :p

Yeah, looks good though! Would love multiple courses through glades upstream etc...

Considering the island is present we could see the aeroplane game make a comeback. Would need some tweaking though as it was clearly a tech demo back in the day.

I haven't saw that video since last year.. the final version really needs to be quicker than that :hmm: ..it seems so slow!

I remember they said it would be more in depth that Wave Race, or something along those lines.. but I will believe it when I see it..

I haven't saw that video since last year.. the final version really needs to be quicker than that :hmm: ..it seems so slow!

I remember they said it would be more in depth that Wave Race, or something along those lines.. but I will believe it when I see it..

Truth. Which Wave Race? (Gameboy version?)

I think it looks 'ok' but then again I'm imagining my Grandad playing it. Looks like that vid was a single player training/time trial affair. Surely there will be a multiplayer facet to it as well as a competitive edge (CPU racers) and multiple races.

Could be fun but only if it really does steer intuitively with enough depth of control. (Which I feel it will have - this is Nintendo afterall.)

The water does seem a little "silky" but then again that camera seems really low down. I prefer a panned out zoom to my racers. I would hope this option was present with a press of 1 or 2. ::shrug:

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!