Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Call of Duty: World At War

Ashley

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope it'll have online multiplayer, with unlockables like CoD4.

Fortunately, it does. (That is online. Unlockables I don't know about.)

I think bringing the franchise into WW2 is a big mistake. I'll still happily pay for it, mind.

online co-op? :o

We can but hope. Treyarch say that the Wii version will miss out on the smallest amount of content as possible (compared to Xbox and PS3), so if those consoles have co-op, it's safe to bet the Wii will too.

• 2 weeks later...

What was shown at the Nintendo conference looked really good for a Wii title. There's a clear difference between it and the other consoles but when put in perspective, it is very clear Activision is giving it their all to ensure no compromises are made between the two versions.

With that said, I'm probably going to get the Wii version because of co-op light-gun style gameplay. That would be fun as hell to play with my Dad and my little brother.

Somehow I have a feeling this game doesn't support the Zapper as a separate mode like in MOHH2, but as the default playing mode. Which means, you move with the nunchuk and shoot with B button.

If true, that means there aren't a lot of buttons supported A, D-pad, plus, minus, 1 and 2 are all but unused. Leaving only the C and Z buttons for other functions.

Hope Im wrong though.

I don't think so IMJ. I've been lurking around on the official CoD forums from Activision and there are numerious official sources on the forum from developer interviews that explicitly state that the two versions are virtually the same sans technological restrictions. And even then they would push it to its absolute limits.

If I been reading right, the Zapper co-op mode is a feature exclusive to the Wii much like MoHH2. It has a single player mode, Zapper mode, and online.

I think the only real limitations we can expect are graphics (duh) and potential online gameplay modes being held back for the same reasons.

• 2 months later...
1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!