Welcome to the new Forums! And please bear with us... ×
N-Europe

Nintendo Europe keeps improving...

Animal Crossing GC - 1015 days after Japan

Animal Crossing DS - 128 days after Japan

Animal Crossing Wii - 15 days after Japan

Thats simply down to all the localisation being done about 6 years ago.

I had massive hopes for this game, but i'm not sure i can justify spending yet another £30 on the exact same experience as previous iterations. The potential for this IP is massive but WiiSpeak and a duck bill mask aside there is nothing new to this franchise. The development team should be ashamed.

If there is any justice in this world, sales will bomb. Surely the even casual gamer knows when they're about to get shafted.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nintendo Europe keeps improving...

Animal Crossing GC - 1015 days after Japan

Animal Crossing DS - 128 days after Japan

Animal Crossing Wii - 15 days after Japan

How can they improve when there doing the exact same thing/translations :heh:

It's quick because around 90% has already been translated anyway...

Has there been anything said about if the interaction between the locals has changed at all?

I don't think anything has been said. But it would require Nintendo coding some rudimentary AI which they have no experience of. They've barely bothered with this title, with the exception of Reggie blowing his load earlier in the year. "Big Game at Christmas, oh yeah, Baby".

I really wish that with the advent of Wii Speak this game would not have friend codes, how about simply being able to add friends by knowing their name and town name? Would be soooooo much easier.

Let's hope we just need friend codes this time, and that we don't have to get the town name and player name exactly right too.

I'll defend Nintendo more than most; but Animal Crossing and Wii Music are the biggest dissapointments I've witnessed outside of supporting Spurs!! Seriously, I would say I think it's a joke but 1. People will say "But it's supposed to be a toy!!!!!!" Bollocks and 2. I'm getting both games so I'm a fucking moron!

You didnt need to in DS

Hmm, someone told me you did, which is why I made sure it was exactly right every time.

I'll defend Nintendo more than most; but Animal Crossing and Wii Music are the biggest dissapointments I've witnessed outside of supporting Spurs!! Seriously, I would say I think it's a joke but 1. People will say "But it's supposed to be a toy!!!!!!" Bollocks and 2. I'm getting both games so I'm a fucking moron!

1. But it is. ;) No really, they've intentionally made it like that rather than something primarily rhythm and objective based like Guitar Hero. Try giving a five year old a GH guitar and stick Through the Fire and Flames on - the likelihood is they'll be scarred for life. Give them Wii Music and they'll love the idea that they can actually do it and feel like they're progressing and making beautiful music.

2. Touché. A moron you may be, but you're still our moron.

Hmm, someone told me you did, which is why I made sure it was exactly right every time.

1. But it is. ;) No really, they've intentionally made it like that rather than something primarily rhythm and objective based like Guitar Hero. Try giving a five year old a GH guitar and stick Through the Fire and Flames on - the likelihood is they'll be scarred for life. Give them Wii Music and they'll love the idea that they can actually do it and feel like they're progressing and making beautiful music.

2. Touché. A moron you may be, but you're still our moron.

I know I know. My nephew is getting a Wii (just over 3) and he;s getting Wii music and I just know it will be an amazing title for him; the family can all play together (his 18 month brother can probably even join in); it will educate him on loads of different instruments and may even inspire him to want to learn one properly. I know this. I know it will be be fun with a group messing about occassionally. BUT for me, it could have been so much more. Why is the sound quality SO bad? Why is the song selection SO bad? Why can't it be a ryhtym game ASWELL as the improv toy approach? The game could be so much more, but is extremely limiting; and only turns older gamers away; when Nintendo want "everyone"; this game could have been for "everyone" but it's not! For me that is a shame!

Anyways, wrong thread. So.....animal crossing...... Exactly the same game huh? BRILLIANT!!!!!! :D

I wouldn't say exactly the same game, I'm extremely hyped for it because I know it'll be packed with loads of new features, and the dialogue will most likely be new, I don't know why everyone thinks it'll be a copy/paste of Wild World.

I have the GameCube version but haven't given it a go yet, so I've only played on Wild World. The real world holidays are therefore a great inclusion for me, as is the city, the Wi-Fi auction house, brand new and free downloadable content (I'm hoping this means they'll keep it going with new items for years to come, I know I'll be logging on whenever there's a limited edition item up for grabs), motion controlled fishing, and of course Wii Speak.

I heard you can use motions in most of the things to work, such as fishing and chopping trees, you can turn motion off, though

But i never played the other Animal Crossings...

Oh well, i got very hyped for Disaster though, so i guess i'l try to use the christma's money for that

1-up Mushroom

Support N-Europe!

Get rid of advertisements and help cover hosting costs on N-Europe

Become a member!