NEurope
Cube

New Xbox 360 Dashboard

You can access Netflix if the computer that you use to que has an american ip. Then you need an american account and thats it.

Sony attacks!

A week ago, I started watching “An Evening With Kevin Smith 2″ through the Netflix streaming service on my Xbox 360 but didn’t finish. Now, I can’t watch the rest.

Joystiq broke word this evening that Netflix stopped Xbox 360 users from streaming movies distributed by Sony Pictures Entertainment.

This restriction only applies to Xbox 360 users. PC, Mac and other Netflix-enabled on-demand devices can still stream Sony Pictures Entertainment films, and is not a glitch.

“In the case of Xbox 360, a few hundred titles are temporarily unavailable to be streamed via the Xbox game console,” Netflix VP of corporate communications Steve Swasey told MTV Multiplayer in an e-mailed statement tonight. “Those titles are still available to be watched on subscribers’ computers and on TVs via other partner devices, and we hope they’ll be licensed for Xbox 360 shortly.”

When asked if the license just coincidentally expired as Microsoft was adding Netflix support or Sony Pictures Entertainment specifically requested Xbox 360 streaming to be disabled, Swasey wouldn’t say.

“As watching instantly becomes a more prominent part of the Netflix service, our goal is to have all of our streaming content licensed for all of our partner devices,” he said. “We’re doing well in this area, but it will take some time before we fully achieve that goal. Today, titles regularly come in and out of license and there is a natural ebb and flow to what we have on license at any given point in time.”

For now, however, Sony Pictures Entertainment films available for streaming through Netflix — including “Superbad,” “We Own The Night” and others — will remain blocked on Xbox 360, until Sony says otherwise.

I hate to say this, but I think this is going to be like the Halo 3 beta download all over again. Notice the Xbox.com forums have gone down (untill 2pm U.K time so they say) It's coz they know that xbox live will be bombarded later on, and they don't want to deal with it on the forums.

Anybody know what time the update will be available?

Logged on this morning and nothing.

Anybody know what time the update will be available?

Logged on this morning and nothing.

Apparently 10AM

Mine's downloading now. Quick way to trigger the prompt is to do a Network Connection Test.

Mine's downloading now. Quick way to trigger the prompt is to do a Network Connection Test.

Thanks, thats worked for me now aswell

I cant seem to get my avatar looking like me :(

Installing nuts & bolts now though

As close as I can get lol, the face just isnt right

I've got Crap Mans broadband, taking a while to download. :( Just about half way.

I've got Crap Mans broadband, taking a while to download. :( Just about half way.

Same with me, my broadband is crappy at the moment. Moves between 500k and 3meg. Think im on about 700k at the moment.

The update doesn't work for me. (unmodified xbox)

sings in to live, there's an update, install?, update failed.

When I test my connection settings everything is fine and I'm asked to update.

Seems ok. I'm not sure that some aspects weren't easier to navigate on the old one. I love the new screen you get by pressing the xbox button on the controller, that is miles better.

And I like how you can party up outside of games too, so you can have multi chat too.

Here's my little fella. Didn't really have my hairstyle so I went for the old 'do.

Currently installing Fifa. Hopefully I can finish a season now.

As ever with avatar creators, this is what I would like on a very good day.

Also took a punt on one of the premium themes (I tried the Forza one). Nothing special but it's better then the rather dull standard themes.

got it installed finally. But now I can't connect to live (connection test is successful but I can't sign in). I think MS hate me :/

I Like the new look.