NEurope
Cube

New Xbox 360 Dashboard

Looks good (no need for themes there, it's just a quick, fancy and easy interface). I find those avatars a strange combination of Mii's and Sony's Home services. It looks like Microsoft ran off with the ideas of other people again, and maybe they shouldn't. The crowd was laughing when Microsoft announced it, since everyone knew where this one came from.

It looks neat though, and much less intimidating than the last interface. Now if they just would have announced a redesigned 360, since that thing looks like clungy plastic pasted together by a three-year old. My opinion.

Looks pretty good. Would have to actually use it before knowing just how much better it will be though.

From eurogamer

It might not be the party line, but Gears of War 2 design director Cliff Bleszinski said what everyone was thinking at E3 yesterday when he told us Microsoft's new avatars are basically just Miis for Xbox 360.

"They're Miis, but that's fine," Bleszinski told Eurogamer. "They look like they have a lot more functionality, and it's bringing the console full circle from a hardcore gaming box to an entertainment-friendly family box and it's cool."

Bleszinski is also a fan of the new dashboard interface, admitting that he finds the current one a bit confusing. "Between you, me and wall frankly I can't find s*** in the current interface," he said. "The blades come up and my frame-rate goes to a crawl and I'm like 'Argh! Argh!'"

We also asked if Microsoft had approached him about doing downloadable premium avatar skins - perhaps a Locust or some COG armour - since it's easy to see that stuff heading down a path like that. "We've talked a little bit about it," he confirmed, "but we're at a point where Gears 2 is coming in with however many days left, and while we think it's cool we don't have a lot of time to fit it with Gears."

Finally, since Bleszinski's had the ability to play with the new dashboard for a while, we asked about his avatar. "I haven't had the chance to build one yet," he told us, "but he'd have larger biceps."

"A little more chiselled jaw too."

It would be awesome being able to dress your 36miis like game characters. Its a pretty cool idea if they run with it.

From eurogamer

It would be awesome being able to dress your 36miis like game characters. Its a pretty cool idea if they run with it.

That was my first thought when I saw it at the conference, I´d love an avatar in a Big Daddy suit :D

So what's going to stop you buying a game, ripping it to your 360, and returning it? Or renting it?

So what's going to stop you buying a game, ripping it to your 360, and returning it? Or renting it?

You can't play the game without the disk, games on the HDD will still check the disk is in the drive to verify that you own the game.

How long is it though before it's you, a couple of lasses, a half dozen Hitlers and 91 suits of Master Chief armour?

You can't play the game without the disk, games on the HDD will still check the disk is in the drive to verify that you own the game.
Riight, I suppose I could've found that info somewhere pretty quickly, but I just got home from my holiday and there was so much to take in ;)

How long is it though before it's you, a couple of lasses, a half dozen Hitlers and 91 suits of Master Chief armour?

But...thats my household :p

No really lol

Excellent, themes can be used

Means theres now a reason to have themes as the new dashboard looks better with them

Lets hope we can change the fugly grey floor, too.

The other two screens look pretty awesome.

Looks a bit like vista, no wonder there was no spring update. I ain't complaining though

I'm only interested in the new look. Mii's got boring after the first week and I don't see avatars gripping my attention any further.

I was unsure whether or not I liked it at first. However the new screens Dante posted make it look much better and it's certainly growing on me.

I love this, man....360 all the way now. I find the current dashboard to be very bland and uninspired, but I am very pleased with this new iteration.

I am also really looking forward to these updates. Microsoft may not be the most original company in the world but they sure do know how to expand and improve on a idea!

This will please alot of people :)

One of the things that has bugged most gamers (well, the anal ones (me included)) has been that demos used to leave nasty 0 point totals on your card, however, that's been remedied now, but it unfortunately wasn't retroactive.

Thanks to an article by CVG, it was revealed that now you will have the ability to delete not only the old 0 point demos, but any game that you have 0 points on. It states:

"The My Xbox tab lets you manage your Avatar and profile settings - basically all of the options you find on the current Xbox Guide. Your played games and their achievements are also neatly displayed on the horizontal scroll with a new bonus feature; you can now delete played games you don't want displayed from your list, as long as you have 0 Gamescore on them."

Happy days? Happy days indeed. At least I can say bye to that ghastly 0 from the Gauntlet demo from way back in December 05 ... It's been keeping me awake for going on 3 years now!

Thankyou! Played so many XBLA demos.

Same here, be glad to finally get rid of them.