NEurope
Cube

New Xbox 360 Dashboard

Anyone tried installing fable 2? There's a lot of load times on that which would be nice to cut down.... Not tried it myself yet.

Loading times aren't effected too much, but theres alot less slow down when loading new areas and the breadcrum trail doesn't lag anymore.

They're pretty funny... and you don't have to use them in anything but the dashboard if that's what you want.

New dashboard couldn't come any sooner, get really frustrated with my 360s disc drive, the other day I tried for an hour to play one game of Fifa, I never did finish a match.

New dashboard couldn't come any sooner, get really frustrated with my 360s disc drive, the other day I tried for an hour to play one game of Fifa, I never did finish a match.

I dont understand? How did the disc drive stop you from playing a game? Did you get disc read errors?

I cant wait to start installing games on the hard drive, just been playing Saints Row 2, hadnt saved in a while and then of course I get a DDE

I dont understand? How did the disc drive stop you from playing a game? Did you get disc read errors?

Yeah the dreaded disc read error when the discs are in good condition.

I was surprised at how crappy and knackered my disc drive sounds compared to the brand new Xbox I just bought my girlfriend. I've not had an error yet but I'm slightly worried.

I was surprised at how crappy and knackered my disc drive sounds compared to the brand new Xbox I just bought my girlfriend. I've not had an error yet but I'm slightly worried.

Older drives are by different makes to the newer ones so they sound different when loading

Heck, my Wii sounds different than it did before I sent it off...its just natural

Yeah the dreaded disc read error when the discs are in good condition.

DOH.. don't mention that.. My first xbox360 suffered from that.. and every time i called support they just told me to taker better care of my discs..(mint condition).. In the end I bought a new 360 and never had the problem again.

Im looking forward to play from the harddrive as well.. the noise that thing makes.. phew

I'm just curious. When a game freezes is it the console or the disc? Unreal 3 and CnC3 suffer from it a lot so would transferring to the HDD help?

If you have disk read errors won't you have trouble installing the games?

Don't think that will be a problem.. sometimes i could play for 1 hour before I got any error.. it was SO random

There any word on what time the update will be available tomorrow?

I actually have to lug my xbox and router downstairs to get on Live these days until I either get the wireless adaptor or I fix the problem with my laptop not letting the wireless adaptor and LAN work at the same time.

If you have disk read errors won't you have trouble installing the games?

Quiet you! Don't jinx me now! ;)

Does anybody know what microsoft are doing in regards to Netflix here in the UK? i heard it was a US only thing. Will they be doing somthing similar or are they just scrapping the whole Netflix idea for the UK update?

There any word on what time the update will be available tomorrow?

the update time is 10am GMT

Does anybody know what microsoft are doing in regards to Netflix here in the UK? i heard it was a US only thing. Will they be doing somthing similar or are they just scrapping the whole Netflix idea for the UK update?

Nothing i don't think.

Aw. I was willing to stay up tonight to get it.

10am it is then.